I guess everyone knows the colour issue of AMOLED screens on Samsung galaxy phones... so how's it on Q10? is the colour natural like super LCD screens?
    05-06-13 03:09 AM
    I like the screen on the Q10... what exactly is supposed to be the problem?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:21 AM
    normally the colours displaying on amoled screens look too strong... have you ever used samsung galaxy s2/3? both got such issue...
    05-06-13 03:25 AM
    normally the colours displaying on amoled screens look too strong... have you ever used samsung galaxy s2/3? both got such issue...
    AMOLED always look like that. Since they are made of "mini LEDs" - black is essentially off - and every dot is a mini lamp that shines quite artificially colorful.
    Colors on my Q10 are strong, but nice. Not as artificial as on the S3/Note
    cocaice and jegs2 like this.
    05-06-13 03:53 AM
    I haven't had an issue with it yet - it's my first AMOLED phone, but so far it's been a great experience.

JB
    cocaice likes this.
    05-06-13 05:52 AM
    There is already a thread about it. The Q10's screen is as good as last year's phones. Samsung has managed to sell millions of phones using the same technology, so it shouldn't be an issue for potential buyers, but I don't really get why BB took such a step backward on the Q10.
    cocaice and vincent1m like this.
    05-07-13 09:53 AM
    I prefer Q10 screen over Z10 screen it really does look good with black model

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:38 AM
    Lol... I feel like they made this setting just for me. I freaking love it! it's dark and most colors are over saturated, I'm happy...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:44 AM
    I love my Q10's screen - as long as it's not in the sun. I need to shade it with my hand if I want to make out anything on it.
    cocaice likes this.
    05-07-13 11:00 AM
    I played with it and it looks a bit 'duller' if you compare it to the LCD. However, that being put aside, the display itself on the device is gorgeous. It looks great and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    cocaice likes this.
    05-07-13 11:17 AM
    I love my Q10's screen - as long as it's not in the sun. I need to shade it with my hand if I want to make out anything on it.
    sigh... this is something that would bother me a little bit...but... anway,... i have to have it soon
    05-07-13 09:49 PM
    AMOLED always look like that. Since they are made of "mini LEDs" - black is essentially off - and every dot is a mini lamp that shines quite artificially colorful.
    Yeah, my wife's bedside-mode clock on her Galaxy Note II is much nicer than the one on my 9930, for that reason - the black around the numbers truly emit zero light.
    05-07-13 10:09 PM
    I keep the screen brightness turned down to the lowest setting -- partly to enhance battery life, but anything much beyond that my eyes start to go buggy.
    05-07-13 10:19 PM
    In my experience with the Q10 so far, the colors are a bit saturated. My main complaint, and it's nothing I didn't already know from other Oled screens is the fact that even with the brightness turned all the up, it's very difficult to see outside. Even on a cloudy day it's a strain to see.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:22 PM
    There is already a thread about it. The Q10's screen is as good as last year's phones. Samsung has managed to sell millions of phones using the same technology, so it shouldn't be an issue for potential buyers, but I don't really get why BB took such a step backward on the Q10.
    Was there a need for anything different? I can't complain personally about anything regarding this display. Weather I'm on my wife's Z10 or my Q. Maybe backwards in your own opinion but I fail to see how this is such a bad decision. Just don't get your point.

Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm likes this.
    05-11-13 12:32 PM
    I'm happy with the screen
    Beautiful and everything is clear
    I live in belfast and we don't get much sun lol so the sun wouldn't really be an issue for me

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    05-11-13 12:41 PM
    I would say color is terrific. What isn't so terrific is that you can barely see the text or screen image in daylight. Is that typical of OLED or combination of that plus dark thme? Will there be a 'not dark' thme?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:02 PM
    It's AMOLED screen. More saturated color is it's characteristic, but it's normal. Yes, It's normal and it's not abnormal. Some people like it, some people don't. But the sales of Galaxy SIII, which use AMOLED scren, indirectly tell us that most people like it.

Yes, AMOLED screen is hard to see under the sun light. If this one reason only is already annoying you despite all the good things in Q10... what can I say...
    05-11-13 01:37 PM
    It's AMOLED screen. More saturated color is it's characteristic, but it's normal. Yes, It's normal and it's not abnormal. Some people like it, some people don't. But the sales of Galaxy SIII, which use AMOLED scren, indirectly tell us that most people like it.

Yes, AMOLED screen is hard to see under the sun light. If this one reason only is already annoying you despite all the good things in Q10... what can I say...
    You could say nothing...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:52 PM
    IMO it really depends on the AMOLED display used. For example my Nokia E7 had decent sunlight readability. Which almost competed with my Bold 9900. I still have a Nokia X7 as a phone I got supplied for my job and, while I haven't done any real-world comparisions, it appears to be supperior to the Q10 too. However it is a bit too early to draw final conclusions on this matter.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:52 PM
    From what I have read after the Q10 all the next phones will use LED. So if the Q10 is the only one to use it BB realized it was a mistake but was unable to replace it in production. Apple had problems with their ipad screens which is why they came out with a thicker one to replace one that was canceled. Then months later came out with the next model. So I'm looking forward to the next KB high end phone maybe in December? And 10.2

Posted via Z10
    05-11-13 03:06 PM
    I love the AMOLED on the Q, and prefer it to my Z, only by a bit, but I like the colours on the Q. When doing pictures, I feel it gives a better replication of the colours than the Z. But that's just me.

I don't for one second think it was a bad screen choice, and I'm sure part of the decison was based on battery life was it not?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:43 PM
    Ehhh I like the lcd screen on the Z, looks very crisp and colors are very nice.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:57 PM
    Love the amoled screen. One thing everybody needs to know about these screens is something that not everybody will even notice, but every single amoled screen has some "blotches" when it does not have something loaded onto it, like darker black spots on a blank black screen. I have yet to see any organic light emitting diode screen that doesn't have this symptom. Not even really an issue, except if those who can actually see let it bother them.

Love this q10 a lot, colors, in my opinion look decent. They're more "vivid" seemingly.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 06:09 PM