The last BB I owned was a Torch (1st gen). I believe the phone ran OS 7

Two built-in apps I used extensively were MemoPad and Tasks.

I haven't heard any mention of them in BB10 and was just wondering if they are in fact still available. I have a feeling they have been consolidated into Blackberry Remember, which although I don't have my Q10 yet, am not too keen on. I will no doubt use Blackberry Remember, but I would also like to run the MemoPad and Tasks that I am still fond of.

So, are MemoPad and Tasks available as built in apps or will I have to download alternatives from the BBWorld...?
    05-05-13 07:14 AM
    There are notes in BlackBerry Remember but if you prefer the simple old school notepad like I do you can download memo pad and other note taking apps from BlackBerry world.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-05-13 07:38 AM
    BlackBerry Remember is basically memo pad + tasks + attachments + tags + folders. In Remember everything starts as a note to which you can add a reminder (transforming it into a task) and an attachment (any type of file, evem voice notes). You can group your entries in folders or by tags. Also, it's integrated with the native calendar application and Evernote. Why would you want the old applications back?

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    bounce007 likes this.
    05-05-13 01:26 PM
    While I have no doubt Remember can function in the same way, I liked the simplicity of MemoPad and Tasks. They served their purposes without any extra fuss or 'bells and whistles'. Sometimes, that all you want or need.

Hmm, gonna have to play around with Remember in the shops and see how 'similar' in functionality it is. Was really hoping for a built-in solution. If not, are there any specific alternatives in the App World...?
    05-06-13 07:18 AM
    While I have no doubt Remember can function in the same way, I liked the simplicity of MemoPad and Tasks. They served their purposes without any extra fuss or 'bells and whistles'. Sometimes, that all you want or need.

Hmm, gonna have to play around with Remember in the shops and see how 'similar' in functionality it is. Was really hoping for a built-in solution. If not, are there any specific alternatives in the App World...?
    My app, Noted, is my attempt at a memo pad replacement :-)

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/18919692/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Carterbits; 05-06-13 at 07:53 AM.
    05-06-13 07:35 AM
    I was horrified when I found out bb10 didn't have motes and tasks. I was a heavy user of tasks synced with outlook. It's been a bit of a process getting used to not having up to date access to tasks on my phone.

Unless you need the Sync ability of ever note remember sort of works.

I find it very frustrating that the due date feature doesn't work when syncing to evernote.

Also that tags don't work in remember for evernote synced content.

The whole thing Is a little halfa$$ed.

It's like they thought evernote sync was a good idea but they only got it half finished before the due date.

I end up running both remember and the evernote client to get the most out if it.

The Android evernote client is also slow and clunky.

Has anyone else had different results?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by todbanner; 05-06-13 at 11:22 AM.
    05-06-13 10:21 AM
    I use "Stuff I Need" and "Memo pad" from BlackBerry World

The only thing is, the Stuff I Need app doesn't have reminders, it's only a check list app.

I still haven't found one like the old "Tasks" that allows you to set a specific time to remind you/notify you.

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    05-06-13 10:42 AM
    I still haven't found one like the old "Tasks" that allows you to set a specific time to remind you/notify you.

This. If I could have this in Remember, I'd be fine with Memos and Tasks being integrated into Remember.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:39 AM
    This. If I could have this in Remember, I'd be fine with Memos and Tasks being integrated into Remember.

Posted via CB10
    That's how tasks work in Remember. I don't understand why people complain. You have the same simplicity you used to have on your old BlackBerry plus some added functionality. Adding a note or a task is as simple as it used to be, attachments, tags and folders are all optional and out of your way. When you add an item you are presented with just two fields: title and description. Everything else is optional and not even visible unless you scroll down.

mkelley65 likes this.
    05-06-13 01:45 PM
    That's how tasks work in Remember. I don't understand why people complain. You have the same simplicity you used to have on your old BlackBerry plus some added functionality. Adding a note or a task is as simple as it used to be, attachments, tags and folders are all optional and out of your way. When you add an item you are presented with just two fields: title and description. Everything else is optional and not even visible unless you scroll down.

It's actually not the same, you cannot set a specific time to remind you of the task.
    I set a task on remember right now and set it due today, and it notified me 15 min later. I need more time specific notifications

05-06-13 02:55 PM
    It's actually not the same, you cannot set a specific time to remind you of the task.
    I set a task on remember right now and set it due today, and it notified me 15 min later. I need more time specific notifications

But that would be a calendar reminder, not a task. Why duplicate the functionality?

SDTRMG likes this.
    05-06-13 03:50 PM
    But that would be a calendar reminder, not a task. Why duplicate the functionality?

It's a task I want to be reminded of at a specific date and time, so that I can work on it at that specific date and time. Why would I create a separate calendar entry for a task? That would then create duplicate entries for the task.

Clearly, you use tasks differently from me. Nothing wrong with that. I would just prefer the option to set both the date and time for the reminders of the tasks I track in Remember.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:40 PM
    ok here's the problem.

everyone keeps saying that i should download a third parity memo app but i dont want to do that because when i back up my phone, it doesnt back up the memos i have which i could do with the the memo pad.
    scywin and Droidophobe like this.
    05-06-13 08:56 PM
    ok here's the problem.

everyone keeps saying that i should download a third parity memo app but i dont want to do that because when i back up my phone, it doesnt back up the memos i have which i could do with the the memo pad.
    My app "Noted" is included in backups if you select "application data" in options within Link (this is the default). I believe this would the case with most of the other apps as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:59 PM
    It's a task I want to be reminded of at a specific date and time, so that I can work on it at that specific date and time. Why would I create a separate calendar entry for a task? That would then create duplicate entries for the task.

Clearly, you use tasks differently from me. Nothing wrong with that. I would just prefer the option to set both the date and time for the reminders of the tasks I track in Remember.

Posted via CB10
    I did use the task on bbos the same as you I'm assuming and sadly there's no specific time in the remember app and it is really frustrating.

I now use the remember app for a memo pad among other things and use the calender to set task/reminders, especially since it works well with the built in voice assistant.

MemoPad and Tasks from older OSs...?-img_20130434.png
    MemoPad and Tasks from older OSs...?-img_20130433.png

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 01:18 AM
    I did use the task on bbos the same as you I'm assuming and sadly there's no specific time in the remember app and it is really frustrating.
    I agree! I would love to be able to set a specific time in Remember. It's a great App, time is the only thing missing.

C
    05-22-13 11:19 AM
    If you have notes and memos from an older device, they will be transferred to the remember app automatically when you transfer your data

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 11:30 AM
    I think the biggest hit I am taking here is managing the Outlook To Do and Tasks lists vs. Remember. The due dates don't sync for To Dos, they go into an Unfiled folder, and I cannot sort things in remember based on due dates. So I have to rely on desktop based Outlook to manage what I used to manage in Behive tasks. Now Behive has it's own separate non integrated task list.

Why aren't these database shared with there third party apps? Why can't we adjust the way they sync? Why does it feel like productivity is sacrificed over competing with I Phone and Android for pretty and pretty useless apps? I just want a new phone on BB10 as focused on business productivity as my Bold was.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 12:02 PM
    Remember has different purposes than the old tasks and memos. It works well for archives but falls rather short in the areas of time and tasks management. For many people (and I'm one of them) the two work together, especially if you need something that can deal with time and reminders in increments of less than a day. For those with many meetings and appointments, adding tasks into the Calendar just makes it too crowded and cumbersome. It's much easier to deal with the tasks and memos separately.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:50 PM
    Hi there!

I recently switched from a 9780 to a Z10. Somehow, I seem to have lost my Memos and Tasks.

I read somewhere on this thread that Memos and Tasks are automatically incorporated into the Blackberry 10 Remember.
    Is that an app I need to download specially from Blackberry Appworld? I can't seem to find it amongst the pre-loaded apps on my new phone.

I need help please.

I have already given away my old 9780 otherwise I'd have gone back to copy my Memos and Tasks manually.

Have I lost them forever? I have some pretty important stuff saved in there.

Thanks!
    10-17-13 04:49 AM
    Is the Remember App already preloaded on my New Device or do I have to download it from the blackberry appworld?
    10-17-13 04:52 AM
    It's already on your device. Universal search type Remember

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:52 AM
    Noted by Carterbits is a Must have

?

@atilauno

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 09:04 AM
    Outlook synchronization would be the goal for me. Noted looks pretty good otherwise.
    01-04-15 11:57 AM
    BlackBerry Remember is basically memo pad + tasks + attachments + tags + folders. In Remember everything starts as a note to which you can add a reminder (transforming it into a task) and an attachment (any type of file, evem voice notes). You can group your entries in folders or by tags. Also, it's integrated with the native calendar application and Evernote. Why would you want the old applications back?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great Explanation! I advise the OP to just delve into the Remember application - you will appreciate it. I felt the same way as he/she does but once I started using the Remember app, I can't see myself going back to anything else.
    01-04-15 12:05 PM
26 12