So is it just me or are more of you guys getting about 5~6 hours of of the battery
    How can u check if there is an app that is draining the battery?
    Or is this normal?
    There are some people claiming to get about 2 days of battery life, how are you guys doing it?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 06:53 AM
    Switch to gsm if you are not using data. Turn off swipe to unlock feature under settings and display. And the battery takes a few days to break in so if your phone is new I wouldn't worry about it. I had the same issues when I got my phone

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 06:58 AM
    Yeah, especially if you have lots of accounts syncing, the initial few days will really eat into your battery..
    I took my phone out of the charger at 8am this morning and it's 10pm now at 30%..

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:17 AM
    Yeah gsm does wonders for your battery, but after a few days or about 2 weeks the battery does get better. And as for the people getting 2 days a charge; they just aren't using their phone at all,

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-05-13 07:19 AM
    same here, take my phone off charger around 6:30am and it dies around 1pm.
    brightness down to 0%, 2 email accounts set to sync manually. wifi/bluetooth/nfc off.
    This is my 3rd replacement and its been 2 months since i've had this device. Battery life is really big concern :/
    05-05-13 07:30 AM
    My battery when I first got my device I could go a half day. Now I go all day with full use LTE, wifi on, gestures on when screen is locked...everything. I have four email accounts on push.

Time worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:31 AM
    Another trick, though seems pretty obvious is to always always always lock your screen when you're not using the phone, even if it's for a second.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-05-13 07:33 AM
    Try to upgrade to the 10.1 OS and you will feel the difference. Before upgrade I charge 3 times a day and have to carry a 8000mah power bank. Now I charge only when I go to bed.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:34 AM
    Also remember if you have a strong signal the battery drain is lower especially on a cdma network.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-13 07:35 AM
    I've had my Z for almost 6 weeks. As others have said, battery life improves over the first two weeks, partly due to the fact that you're not playing with your new toy constantly.

Nobody using their phone gets two days; not on the Z; maybe on the Q. But you can get through the day, or most of it, on normal use.

Here's what I've done to help with battery life:

1. Turn off "Allow gestures when locked."
    2. Lock screen after 1 minute.
    3. Set brightness to a reasonable level (30-70).
    4. Watch what apps are running. I don't keep my weather app running.
    5. If you have the opportunity, charge your phone, even if it's for only 5 or 10 minutes. A little extra juice never hurt.

One final note, games will suck your battery dry! I don't play games on my Z, but sometimes my kids do, and I'm amazed at how much battery they use.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:51 AM
    I think it's the user..lol

I use wifi,bt,nfc all day. YouTube, CB, games, 3 activesync emails syncing, LTE mostly all day and battery last minimum 10 hours.

No twitter, and barely any fb notifications.. This is useless stuff that drains the battery.

To the OP, if your Lte is constantly searching signal and shifting back from 4g that could be your issue. My friend lives in a city where LTE is not avail so I had him shut that off.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    05-05-13 08:48 AM
    Whoa whoa whoa lol definitely not YouTube or games, those are the real battery killers.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-05-13 08:53 AM
    12-19 hrs for me, depends on what your doing.

If your playing games all day well hell any new smartphone only does 4-6 hrs.

Remember its a phone first not a gaming system.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    brout likes this.
    05-05-13 09:00 AM
    I get a little better then 2 days. I dont play games on my z10. and i always "X" out of apps. I never let apps run in the background. Screen brightness is set to HALF. Vibrate is OFF.

My Z10 is awesome!!!!
    05-05-13 09:10 AM
    Mine used to last 6 hours until I started following the tips to increase z10 battery life. Now it last almost a full day. Getting the LCD brightness way down and switching off wifi in places not required gives huge extra battery gain. Also hear the OS update will improve cell performance a lot.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:19 AM
    I get about 24 hours and I use this thing all day long

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:40 AM
    Wifi on
    Blue tooth on
    HSPA+
    NFC off
    Gestures on
    16-18 hours without issue, typically still sitting around 20% before it gets docked for the night.

I don't play much games thou, but do browse an awful lot plus my emails pour in and out during the days mon-fri.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    05-05-13 10:02 AM
    I take my phone off charger at 1PM and at about 12:30 - 1AM, it will be either on <10% or dead and this is with medium usage so not as bad as I expected.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.1627

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:09 AM
    So is it just me or are more of you guys getting about 5~6 hours of of the battery
    How can u check if there is an app that is draining the battery?
    Or is this normal?
    There are some people claiming to get about 2 days of battery life, how are you guys doing it?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe 2 days of just letting the phone sit on a dresser. I get about 12 hours of use a day with constant charging on my way to work and on breaks. If you ask someone for battery saving tips they'll tell you to delete all your apps lol. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a sexy phone like this

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:24 AM
    Battery life definitely improves after a couple of week. Also... a little trick especially if you live in an urban area is to shut down WiFi when you are out of rage. WiFi would regularly look for hot spots and that would wear the battery down

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:27 AM
    Battery life definitely improves after a couple of week. Also... a little trick especially if you live in an urban area is to shut down WiFi when you are out of rage. WiFi would regularly look for hot spots and that would wear the battery down

Posted via CB10
    Definitely true. I accidentally left my Wifi on while driving 50 mins to work and my battery went from 100% to 80% in no time

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:29 AM
    I found the Z10 battery very susceptible to small changes in cell reception and amount of data consuming apps being run.
    For example, when I play hockey the reception is terrible due to the old cinder block construction. I get maybe 1 bar but it fluctuates a lot. During this 2.5 hour period it's not unusual for me to lose about %15 of battery life just due to the phone constantly searching. I have found this in other places where reception is poor as well. My older berries including most recent 9900 showed nowhere near the same battery drain in low reception areas. Not sure if it's a radio file thing or what.
    05-05-13 11:32 AM
    Definitely true. I accidentally left my Wifi on while driving 50 mins to work and my battery went from 100% to 80% in no time

Posted via CB10
    I never turn mine off and don't get battery drain when away from a wifi signal

It's weird how some folks have issues with battery drain while others do not

Curious what the cause is

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    05-05-13 11:37 AM
    My usage varies each day, but I am seeing :

~1.5% drain while idle.
    ~10% drain while in regular use.
    ~20% drain playing certain games and using GPS.

Regular use consists of email, BBM, using the CrackBerry app, Blaq, and so on. If I don't play games or use apps that constantly keep radios on, I'll get 10-12 hours on a day when the Z10 barely leaves my hand. If it is a light to moderate use day, I'll go 14+ hours. If it is a day where my phone doesn't leave the holster much, I'll end up with 70% battery left at the end of the day. I'm also on wifi most of the day, which I think helps keep the radio power down.

On the same token, if I use my Z10 for GPS, or play Need for Speed, I'll be lucky to get 5 hours out of a charge, but I expect that with heavy processor, GPU, and GPS usage.

I find it interesting that between using my Z10 and my Note 2 (with a 3000mAh battery), both get used about the same amount each day and they both have about the same amount of charge left at the end of the day. The Z10 usually has a little more juice left than the Note 2.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    05-05-13 11:39 AM
    The z10 can have serous battery issues caused by software. For op if your on third phone and are not an heavy user maybe you need to consider its not a hardware issue. Use battery guru and learn how much your phone is drawing when idle. This phone had an issue where is suddenly started drawing a watt at idle. Needless to say it ran very hot and would kill battery in 5 hours. I tried a wipe restore and that did not help. An os re install without restore did the trick. Cb forums helped a lot as there are several good threads. Just do a search.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:54 AM
37 12