I broke my z10 on wednesday. I dropped it face down on a concrete floor and must have hit a rock because the screen just shattered. Crap. It survived bad falls before but this was just bad luck. I was crushed.

Today... I replaced my sweet Z10 with a Q10. After spending most of the day with it, I've never loved a blackberry more. And I was pretty heavily in lust with my Z10.

That is all. Happiness!

Now to find where to take Cracky the Z10 in for some body work.
    05-03-13 08:02 PM
    Fate, destiny, coincidence.. whatever it was that brought you to the Q10, im glad you are happy with it.

Would be gutted to bust my Z.

Super happy to have a physical keyboard back in my life though.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 05:21 AM
    Never liked the Z10. Had it for 2 weeks and sold it.
    So happy to have Q10 now.

Sorry to hear about your Z10 Breaking though. Enjoy the Q10

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 06:23 AM
    I really hope you have insurance

Sent from my NOTE 2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-13 08:38 AM
    Sorry how did you transfer data, contacts, notes from z10 to q10? Via bb link?
    Thank you]
    05-04-13 12:21 PM
    Yes, i used Link. It was smooth and easy. Plus the added bonus of importing my outlook contacts.
    Edited to add, i just swapped the SIM cards and logged into bell BIS to switch my email then did the switch through BB Link. Was the easiest esn swap yet.
    05-04-13 12:40 PM
    Yes, i used Link. It was smooth and easy. Plus the added bonus of importing my outlook contacts.
    Edited to add, i just swapped the SIM cards and logged into bell BIS to switch my email then did the switch through BB Link. Was the easiest esn swap yet.
    What did you use the BIS for? BB10 doesn't use BIS anymore.

Did it actually swap anything for you. Or did you just divert your BIS email address to a new one?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:50 PM
    If you ever break or lose something you've purchased and it's been less than 90 days and you put it on a credit, some credit card companies protect you. I know with American Express, they will give you the money to replace it.
    05-04-13 01:02 PM
    Remember that time you got your very first blackberry and you couldn't believe you used to use a flip phone or slide out crappy keyboard?

Going from all touch z10 to physical keyboard q10; same feeling.

Posted via CB10
    Snazy likes this.
    05-04-13 01:14 PM
    What did you use the BIS for? BB10 doesn't use BIS anymore.

Did it actually swap anything for you. Or did you just divert your BIS email address to a new one?

Posted via CB10
    I just used it to divert the email.

But HOLY COW, has my data usage gone up with the 10. luckily Bell offered me a 6gig data plan for just another 5 bucks a month. I went from 300 kb to over a gig per month with the switch!
    05-04-13 07:01 PM
    If you ever break or lose something you've purchased and it's been less than 90 days and you put it on a credit, some credit card companies protect you. I know with American Express, they will give you the money to replace it.
    unfortunately, i have a corporate plan. I upgraded 4 BB's to the Z10 in Jan. Luckily i had 2 other devices that were ready for upgrade now. I used one of those for the swap. Still cost me 200 beans bit at least i could get it done.
    05-04-13 07:06 PM
    I just used it to divert the email.

But HOLY COW, has my data usage gone up with the 10. luckily Bell offered me a 6gig data plan for just another 5 bucks a month. I went from 300 kb to over a gig per month with the switch!
    Haha yeah the usage does change quite dramatically.
    I don't use mega amounts, as most of mine is social networking, emailing and blogging, but there is a distinct difference all the same.
    That said, it's not as bad as I prepared for.

Data monitor is a must!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:10 PM
    Remember that time you got your very first blackberry and you couldn't believe you used to use a flip phone or slide out crappy keyboard?

Going from all touch z10 to physical keyboard q10; same feeling.

Posted via CB10
    It is truly wonderous. I thought i liked the Z10, but having A keyboard back makes me so happy. I use this for business and have a BB since day 1. I send and receive many dozens of emails a day. Now! I can do what i need again without the eyeroll.

I'm a female user with long nails. The touchscreen made me dread typing. I loved everything else about the Z10 but that required a level of patience i was not happy with.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    05-04-13 07:13 PM
    Haha yeah the usage does change quite dramatically.
    I don't use mega amounts, as most of mine is social networking, emailing and blogging, but there is a distinct difference all the same.
    That said, it's not as bad as I prepared for.

Data monitor is a must!

Posted via CB10
    What data monitor do you recommend? It probably doesn't matter much now that i have 6 Gig bit I'm going to be in the US shortly and it would be good to know what I'm using.
    05-04-13 07:20 PM
    What data monitor do you recommend? It probably doesn't matter much now that i have 6 Gig bit I'm going to be in the US shortly and it would be good to know what I'm using.
    DataCheck Pro
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27566335

Simple to set up and visually pleasing even when in active panes.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 04:00 AM
    I'm lucky I get unlimited data from my carrier here in the UK.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-05-13 08:35 AM