Hi

What SIM card does the 9990 take? I keep reading that its a Micro SIM, but someone my boyfriend knows says his takes a normal sized SIM. Can anyone clarify this for me? I was thinking of getting one, either this or the 9320, which apparently takes a mini SIM whatever that is argggh! lol

Thank you
    05-02-13 10:27 AM
    Hi

What SIM card does the 9990 take? I keep reading that its a Micro SIM, but someone my boyfriend knows says his takes a normal sized SIM. Can anyone clarify this for me? I was thinking of getting one, either this or the 9320, which apparently takes a mini SIM whatever that is argggh! lol

Thank you
    It uses the normal big SIM.

But if you have a microSim - here is how its done - How to use a micro SIM in your BlackBerry smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-02-13 10:31 AM
    Oh thats brilliant, as it's a normal SIM i have. Phew, thank goodness for that!! YAY! Yet another reason the 9990 is looking good to me

Also would anyone happen to know what SIM the 9320 takes? these are the two phones I'm deciding between
    05-02-13 11:08 AM
    would anyone[/HL] happen to know what SIM the 9320 takes? these are the two phones I'm deciding between

Anyone

Well "there" is this someone that told me it takes the Big-Normal SIM.

And this someone also says - go for 9900
    Legal Eagle and GlamGemini like this.
    05-02-13 11:40 AM
    Anyone

Well "there" is this someone that told me it takes the Big-Normal SIM.

And this someone also says - go for 9900
    Haha, thanks <3
    Am patiently waiting for a nice refurb 9990 to come up.
    05-02-13 11:45 AM
    Haha, thanks <3
    Am patiently waiting for a nice refurb 9990 to come up.
    Well then, it won't hurt to check out the UK amazon, would it now?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...bUvbUpU8414802
    05-02-13 11:49 AM
    Well then, it won't hurt to check out the UK amazon, would it now?

Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: Blackberry Bold 9900 Sim Free Mobile Phone-Black
    Have been looking on there, some good ones to be had. Am also stalking a website called Purple Gossip. Couple of my family have refurb bbs' from there, all with no problems or anything. They had the 9990 in a couple weeks back, but I've been changing back over onto Virgin, so am all ready to go now, just need them to get some 9990's in!!
    tangyorangesour likes this.
    05-02-13 12:00 PM
    Have been looking on there, some good ones to be had. Am also stalking a website called Purple Gossip. Couple of my family have refurb bbs' from there, all with no problems or anything. They had the 9990 in a couple weeks back, but I've been changing back over onto Virgin, so am all ready to go now, just need them to get some 9990's in!!
    Try

Blackberry Bold 9900 Smartphone - Sim Free - Refurbished Grade A
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-02-13 12:24 PM
    @Legal - How is the hybrid? I tried running the 912 and it just has been a disaster. The LED has a mind of its own!
    05-02-13 12:28 PM
    @Legal - How is the hybrid? I tried running the 912 and it just has been a disaster. The LED has a mind of its own!
    RC15 over DoCoMo .923 running mighty fine.

10 days since my last battery pull. MeterBerry memory loss 0.3mb Medium business use only, rarely less than 70% battery left at the end of a working day. Lightning fast browser. Good signal lock and fast switch between network and WiFi.

Give it a try, sure you will be impressed, but make sure to do a wipe before install if you do.

If you want to stick with .912 word is that the best build is the Telstra one, different .sfi to the T Mo one.
    tangyorangesour likes this.
    05-02-13 12:35 PM
    Wow, thanks!! I've never heard of that website before. Exactly what i was looking for though!

Do they do any kind of warranty or anything like that? I know Purple Gossip do and it is handy in case anything goes wrong with it.
    05-02-13 02:11 PM
    Wow, thanks!! I've never heard of that website before. Exactly what i was looking for though!

Do they do any kind of warranty or anything like that? I know Purple Gossip do and it is handy in case anything goes wrong with it.
    From the website

"All New, Reboxed and Refurbished products are supported by a full 12 month Telephones Online warranty"

Go to the bottom of the Homepage and click on "about us". Thats where I got the quote from. Not used them myself but sounds Kosher. I just did a quick Google search after I read one of your earlier posts and found the link for you.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-02-13 02:23 PM
    I'll certainly keep them in mind!! Wonder if anyone else has used them?
    05-02-13 02:28 PM