I love the Q10 hardware, I want to buy it,because I fell in love with the large QWERTY keyboard, and I owned a BB Bold 9000 long time ago and it was a gorgeous device.

But I fear that I'll miss a lot of things after a legacy BB device (I use a 9810 at the moment):
    - BIS - fast, compressed email and attachment handling,
    - Google Maps (i don't want to sideload and hack anything if I buy such an expensive device
    - Opera Mini (I use my phone on 2G to extend battery life, because I make phone calls a lot during the day)

Q10 owners, convince me please!
    05-01-13 02:23 PM
    Cuz you love and support BB.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:34 PM
    If you need to be convinced to switch to bb10 you're missing the point

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    05-01-13 02:35 PM
    I agree with for the following reasons:

BIS - lower data plan
    Trackpad
    Being able to delete email from the phone only or the phone and server

The other thing that I am not sure about is whether you can call a phone number using the keys along with entering numeric data using the phone keys when going into automatic phone system.
    05-01-13 02:39 PM
    If it isn't for you don't.
    neiltb likes this.
    05-01-13 02:49 PM
    No red x's. I am sick of seeing them on my 9900
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-01-13 04:40 PM
    LTE

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:49 PM
    Convince yourself. Buy it and if you don't like it return it on time for full refund.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    05-01-13 06:55 PM
    I'm in the same and decided to try out the Q10.

Pluses:
    -browser
    -camera
    -bigger screen
    -better speaker/sound

9900 Pluses
    -trackpad
    -dedicated keys
    -quicker shortcuts to compose a message, look up a contact, calendar, calculator, etc.
    -sound profiles, etc.
    -BES

Tough call. I'd prefer an updated version of OS7 to this entirely new OS10, personally.
    vincentkong likes this.
    05-01-13 08:45 PM
    I had the same concerns when I upgraded to the z10. I loved my bold 9900 and I do miss some of the features not included on Bb10. However, the speed, fluidity, lack of the spinning clock, lack of need to constantly battery pull, and the fact that most the fears I had about the lack of some BlackBerry legacy Os features never really mattered in the end, have left never regretting decision. Only thing I regret is that I didn't wait for the q10.

Posted via CB10
    vba and chris8189 like this.
    05-01-13 09:29 PM
    I had the same concerns when I upgraded to the z10. I loved my bold 9900 and I do miss some of the features not included on Bb10. However, the speed, fluidity, lack of the spinning clock, lack of need to constantly battery pull, and the fact that most the fears I had about the lack of some BlackBerry legacy Os features never really mattered in the end, have left never regretting decision. Only thing I regret is that I didn't wait for the q10.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^^^^^^ this.

I went from a 9810 to the Z10 and I do miss certain things:

1. the precision of the trackpad
    2. the functionality of BB Mobile Conferencing (half implemented in BB10 but workable with workarounds)
    3. some apps (social feeds and google maps mainly)
    4. data compression.

As an aside, not sure what the issue is with attachment handling, it seems to work just fine (options to download automatically or by prompt).

The speed, polish, and fluidity of the new OS trumps what I miss. Also, BB has been very responsive. One of my biggest issues was with BB Travel and how it added events to your calendar. I got in touch with Michael Clewley on twitter first then by email and, long story short, he got the last issue fixed and released into BBWorld in less than 24 hours.
    vincentkong and vba like this.
    05-01-13 09:48 PM
    I'm in the same boat here. My 9360 has been running great especially with the v7.1.0.912 update. OS7 I feel has been optimized, something I fear that will be missing from the Z10 and Q10 at least for a while, it took a year for 7 to reach this level. Battery life still sucks (approx 8 hrs of heavy use) but I mainly attributed to the small size of the phone battery, 1000mAh, which in comparison to other smart phones, isn't really bad. Z10 reviews don't show much better battery life and Q10 reviews in regards to a supposely much improved battery life are vague at the moment. At least the small size of the 9360 has a much better appeal to me. I can carry my phone in my pocket with the utmost comfort and not by hand like the 90 percent of the Android users I see. I also read that custom themes will not be supported with BB10. Overall, I'm wondering if the cost of upgrading is really worth it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    05-02-13 12:28 AM
    Cuz you love and support BB.

Posted via CB10
    I love my BB, and loved my previous BB-s as well, but I don't want to support any companies. I want to have a good device which fits my needs.
    J_R_TheMotorMan likes this.
    05-02-13 01:51 PM
    How much longer will devs, your carrier and BlackBerry support your phone and OS? At some point in time you'll be forced into BlackBerry 10 or on to some other phone/OS combo.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    05-02-13 01:59 PM
    The only thing I miss from my 9780 are the additional led notifications and the ease of text editing. Everything else is miles above.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-02-13 02:16 PM
    I'm in the same boat here. My 9360 has been running great especially with the v7.1.0.912 update. OS7 I feel has been optimized, something I fear that will be missing from the Z10 and Q10 at least for a while, it took a year for 7 to reach this level. Battery life still sucks (approx 8 hrs of heavy use) but I mainly attributed to the small size of the phone battery, 1000mAh, which in comparison to other smart phones, isn't really bad. Z10 reviews don't show much better battery life and Q10 reviews in regards to a supposely much improved battery life are vague at the moment. At least the small size of the 9360 has a much better appeal to me. I can carry my phone in my pocket with the utmost comfort and not by hand like the 90 percent of the Android users I see. I also read that custom themes will not be supported with BB10. Overall, I'm wondering if the cost of upgrading is really worth it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    I'm waiting for the Q10 (in US) but I use Mobile Conferencing a lot and didn't see it on AppWorld, nor did I see BB Travel--or the Weather Channel (which can be sideloaded or bookmarked). All this plus the lack of 2-way syncing with Outlook has me worried--though the update to fix that is coming per BB.
    05-21-13 07:34 PM