According to economists in this WSJ article, there is no resulting productivity gains from smartphone usage as has been seen from most computer advances. I postulate that the economists are looking at corrupted data because the iPhone is more a gaming device that does all the same things as a smartphone. I may be wrong but I thought it would be very interesting to see the difference between iPhone, Droid, and Blackberry users. The link is below and I thought it would be interesting to see what all the Crackberry addicts might think.

Why Aren't Smartphones Making Us More Productive? - WSJ.com
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    05-01-13 01:53 PM
    Yeah, that claim would definitely be untrue for Z users.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:02 PM
    According to economists in this WSJ article, there is no resulting productivity gains from smartphone usage as has been seen from most computer advances. I postulate that the economists are looking at corrupted data because the iPhone is more a gaming device that does all the same things as a smartphone. I may be wrong but I thought it would be very interesting to see the difference between iPhone, Droid, and Blackberry users. The link is below and I thought it would be interesting to see what all the Crackberry addicts might think.

Why Aren't Smartphones Making Us More Productive? - WSJ.com
    While I do have games on my iPhone, I also have some really good business and productivity apps (far more and better quality than whats available on my Z10). This allows me to use my iPhone as a true business tool (and I can use it to have some fun too).
    05-01-13 07:37 PM
    These type of articles are pointless IMO. You're either productive or you're not, your choice of smartphone has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-01-13 07:40 PM
    I just did some work while flying and now replying to this post. Delta still has the free in flight wireless for BlackBerry users and with the Work Place I can access the Internal network and catch up on work

It is quite fast by the way and we are still in the air, so this is your answer

Posted via CB10
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    05-01-13 07:56 PM
    It is the indivual; not the phone. I use my BB Z10 for a lot more work than most may use their smartphone and I know some iPhone users that are pretty productive as well.
    05-01-13 08:09 PM
    Definitely up to the user, not the phone. My BlackBerry's have been huge in helping me stay productive. I'm a very disorganized person, so having my phone remind me of important tasks and events is immensely helpful.
    05-01-13 08:11 PM
    I have been super productive with my Blackberries. I hopped to iPhone 4s for a while and even with Siri I did not have the productivity that I have with my Berry. I have a Droid as backup and I like it, but again, no comparison to my Berry.

Jen Cohen, a Forbes columnist and a health guru wrote an article lamenting how she was missing her Berry after hopping to iPhone. She complained that she was always productive on the Berry, including social media posts. On iPhone she cited all she did during the day was look for AC plugs for charging.

Hey, to each their own, but for me. it's a Berry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    bigbmc26 and Bobcat665 like this.
    05-01-13 08:55 PM
    Very interesting. It doesn't matter how productive Z10 users are, when you dilute them with the productivity loss from iphone and droid users, the conclusion of the article becomes a reality.
    05-01-13 09:32 PM
    I'm not anti iPhone. I respect the design and the software. I just couldn't be as productive on my 4s as I was with my BB9780, so I gave the i@hone to my girlfriend and reactivated the Berry. The battery life on the 4s was horrific. And I did not care for Apples way or the Highway of doing things. Siri was neat, but not neat enough for me to be productive with it.
    My Android, which I still use, is OK as well. I like it better than the iPhone OS wise. But still, I can't be as productive on it as my 9780.
    Apps? Heck yes. If you are an appaholic then you gotta go Apple or Android for now. me? I just need my bank, airline, social apps and Crackberry.
    And I have them on the Berry, although we just lost the Chase banking app on legacy Berry. sigh.

mapperav likes this.
    05-08-13 09:15 PM
    Lol. I've had every OS so far and they are all just as productive. It's the extras that can get a wanderer in trouble I guess. Therefore, if you're easily sidetracked get a berry or windows phone. Fewer good apps to pull your attention.
    05-08-13 10:42 PM
    IMO, it's not as simple as that.

While some may be distracted by apps, others use apps as productivity enhancement tools.

For me, it wasn't the app overload in iPhone or Droid, it was the way the phones handled messaging, and the way the phones interfaced with the operator.

Some may actually prefer the user experience of iOS or Droid, but I prefer Berry hands down....which is probably why I subscribe to Crackberry....go figure!

05-09-13 04:27 AM
    How any one can say some smartphones are less productive than others is beyond me. Is this not ultimately determined by productivity of the user, And how the implementation of the device fits them personally?

This is all very subjective and inaccurate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    raysgrumpy, barnfoot and mikeo007 like this.
    05-09-13 07:57 AM
    Having spent this morning installing a Chinese language pack on an iPhone and a 9780, I can tell you that you are way off on the whole productivity thing. One is a couple of clicks, the other is visiting the stone age.

Edit. I have to reboot my pc after uninstalling the 9780 software? How quaint.
    05-09-13 11:04 AM
    I am highly productive with my 9780. Last year I ran two companies with it.

How quaint indeed.

newcollector likes this.
    05-12-13 06:30 PM
    I still can't understand why people still ask which of these two devices make them more productive. If all you need email, phone, BBM or related messaging apps then BlackBerry wins.

However if you need all that plus gaming, Google maps, cloud services outside of box or dropbox, Netflix etc then iphone wins. The battery question is such a non issue these days, you want longer life on iphone? Buy a mophie or those usb battery chargers.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 07:20 PM
    Yes it's just iPhone. You can't attach multiple files you worked on in to one email on the iPhone (except pictures). BlackBerry you can attach all the files you need in to one email. BlackBerry is more secure, smaller foot print so less data on your plan and much faster overall.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:27 AM
    Measuring productivity should begin and end with the individual. Good tools can help but in the hands of an inherently disorganized / lazy / unproductive person they will make little or no difference. In some cases they may even exacerbate those shortcomings.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-13 12:38 PM
    I still can't understand why people still ask which of these two devices make them more productive. If all you need email, phone, BBM or related messaging apps then BlackBerry wins.

However if you need all that plus gaming, Google maps, cloud services outside of box or dropbox, Netflix etc then iphone wins. The battery question is such a non issue these days, you want longer life on iphone? Buy a mophie or those usb battery chargers.

Posted via CB10
    Gaming is not a productivity requirement of my smartphone, unless you work for Sega or similar. Everything I need I have on my Berry including apps that I require.

I had an iPhone 4s. Just could not learn to love it, even with Siri. I still have an Android as backup.

When the heat is on, and I am under fire from my associates and customers, i reach for my Berry.
    It has successfully run 3 companies for me now. Nice.

Productivity is subjective. Some may be as productive with another brand. Not I, and I have tried them all, yes, even the new Windows phone.

05-13-13 09:42 PM
    With an iphone its hard to be productive with so many time killing apps.

With a BlackBerry its hard to be productive when doing battery pulls.

Both have their differences its just in how you look at it.

I think people think they're more productive on an BlackBerry because they don't have the ability to play games but also cannot put the phone down. Heck maybe its the physical keys making people feel more productive. I have a work iphone and a personal BlackBerry and I can say without a doubt I prefer to type on my 9900 any day over the iphone. I can get the same daily productivity done on both but the iphone just needs an extra few seconds to double check spelling and autocorrect things before the send off. At the end of the day it boils down to preference but in my opinion no device is more productive than the other. Its all in how you use it.

Sent from my game boy color
    05-13-13 11:09 PM