I'm not saying that android is "Bad" but that to make your phone good, you need to spend a lot of time customizing and downloading apps. Android is not good out of the box. Sure it can be good if you put the time in on it, but the average user wants to take the phone out of the box and have it fully functional. They don't want to have to download a good keyboard or an app to eliminate the Google bloatware. The gs3 apparently doesn't have a default autocorrect, or its not obvious how to turn it on, because I can't count the number of times someone with a gs3 has asked me how to spell a certain word, or has sent me gibberish texts, which would never happen with an iphone or z10.

Android may well be the best phone for "Techies" or people who want to spend a lot of time customizing their phone, but for the average user it is not, and any sales associate who is recommending android phones over Iphones or blackberry is doing their customers a disservice. Know why? Because someone who is a techie already knows about Android. They don't need you to recommend it to them. If my aunt, for example, told me she wanted to buy a new smartphone I would never recommend android because she would not ever make good use of the playstore. I would recommend an iphone for its intuitive usability, or a blackberry for the physical keyboard. I could go on, but I think you see my point.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 12:59 PM
    I can't count the number of times someone with a gs3 has asked me how to spell a certain word
    Posted via CB10
    If folks consistently mistook me for Merriam-Webster, I'd be ticked too.
    05-01-13 01:07 PM
    I'm not saying that android is "Bad" but that to make your phone good, you need to spend a lot of time customizing and downloading apps. Android is not good out of the box. Sure it can be good if you put the time in on it, but the average user wants to take the phone out of the box and have it fully functional. They don't want to have to download a good keyboard or an app to eliminate the Google bloatware. The gs3 apparently doesn't have a default autocorrect, or its not obvious how to turn it on, because I can't count the number of times someone with a gs3 has asked me how to spell a certain word, or has sent me gibberish texts, which would never happen with an iphone or z10.

Android may well be the best phone for "Techies" or people who want to spend a lot of time customizing their phone, but for the average user it is not, and any sales associate who is recommending android phones over Iphones or blackberry is doing their customers a disservice. Know why? Because someone who is a techie already knows about Android. They don't need you to recommend it to them. If my aunt, for example, told me she wanted to buy a new smartphone I would never recommend android because she would not ever make good use of the playstore. I would recommend an iphone for its intuitive usability, or a blackberry for the physical keyboard. I could go on, but I think you see my point.

Posted via CB10
    Bb isn't good out the box or when u download the limited supply of apps.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-13 07:20 PM

I disagree!

Posted via z10
    05-10-13 07:27 PM

I strongly disagree! Z10 is already perfect for me out of box with native File Manager, Remember, Box, the best virtual keyboard by far, great camera with lot of photo editing capacity, zoom in / out camcorder (looks like none of Android or iOS device has zoom in / out video capturing by far). I don't even have to download 3 - party apps for daily usage. Unlike my previous iPhone, it could not live without the aid of 3 - party apps.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    05-10-13 07:37 PM
    I strongly disagree! Z10 is already perfect for me out of box with native File Manager, Remember, Box, the best virtual keyboard by far, great camera with lot of photo editing capacity, zoom in / out camcorder (looks like none of Android or iOS device has zoom in / out video capturing by far). I don't even have to download 3 - party apps for daily usage. Unlike my previous iPhone, it could not live without the aid of 3 - party apps.

Most if not all the things u mentioned the z10 has my Gnex has also lol. Including native photo editing capabilities and zooming

05-10-13 08:18 PM
    a phone that does everything out of the box or tries to do everything will surely slow down any os and a phone that only implements the most basic functions of any feature will leave much to be desired. there will always be someone out there who can take a better approach to an app so why not let them instead of depending on bbry. who says blackberry's way will be the most loved? freedom of choice is a good thing thats why android is doing so well
    Greenghost likes this.
    05-10-13 08:58 PM
    It's all products and its origin. Apple is healthy to eat, that's why I eat it for 2 years but found it is too common and boring. Jellybean or Ice cream Sandwich is junk food so I never want. Because it is junk food, it gets the most malware. BlackBerry is healthy, juicy, tasty and more precious so I end up picking. Apple is American's seed but unfortunately grown in China. Jelly Bean is American ingredient packaged in a Korean bag. As a Canadian, I am proud of having Canadian grown BlackBerry and the most advanced OS in the world.

05-10-13 09:51 PM
    It's all products and its origin. Apple is healthy to eat, that's why I eat it for 2 years but found it is too common and boring. Jellybean or Ice cream Sandwich is junk food so I never want. Because it is junk food, it gets the most malware. BlackBerry is healthy, juicy, tasty and more precious so I end up picking. Apple is American's seed but unfortunately grown in China. Jelly Bean is American ingredient packaged in a Korean bag. As a Canadian, I am proud of having Canadian grown BlackBerry and the most advanced OS in the world.

Hahaha most advanced huh.

05-10-13 09:53 PM
    Hahaha most advanced huh.

someone is delusional amirite?
    05-17-13 12:57 AM

So this is what it comes down to…rank nationalism!!! Your first post was b.s, so you played the nationalism card. Wake up, if only Canadians bought BlackBerrys, the company would be out of business within six months.
    mikeo007 and Greenghost like this.
    05-17-13 08:18 AM
    I used to think bb was the best thing since sliced bread, then i thought the same about apple. Now using my moto razr maxx hd i feel the same. It is personal preference. My wife still uses her iPone, loves it and when the time comes will more than likely get the newest version. I wont recommend any device to anyone, let them make their own choice. The only time i have ever mentioned to anyone about which device they should get was my dad, and that was because he was torn between two devices and his concern was about battery life, so i suggested that he get the maxx hd. In this case it was the one he was leaning more towards anyway.

Now as for having to spend hours or days to set my phone up by downloading tons of apps to get it the way i wanted... never happened. I downloaded one thing which is black background because i don't like pictures as my background. the rest of downloading were standard apps like Facebook and twitter. Same things you would have to download on apple or berry.
    05-17-13 10:21 AM