I had Travel/Calendar/BB World/ Wallpaper Sky open. Looked over on my desk at my phone and saw the boot screen. Anyone see restarts on this build?
    05-01-13 10:45 AM
    Have you had restarts before this? What carrier are you with?

Posted from my ZED10
    05-01-13 10:49 AM
    I have, my phone wasn't in bedside mode when it woke me up this morning with an email notification.
    I don't have any apps installed and didn't do a restore when I loaded .1483 -this is very disappointing as I had hoped the new OS had eliminated reboots for me.
    I'm on T-Mobile and have been occasionally experienced reboots since I purchased.
    05-01-13 10:50 AM
    I had Travel/Calendar/BB World/ Wallpaper Sky open. Looked over on my desk at my phone and saw the boot screen. Anyone see restarts on this build?
    That's odd, I just had the same thing happen, at about the same time. No apps open, though. This was my first reboot on 10.1. I hadn't seen any since the first couple of days of owning the Z10, a month ago.
    05-01-13 10:53 AM
    That's odd, I just had the same thing happen, at about the same time. No apps open, though. This was my first reboot on 10.1. I hadn't seen any since the first couple of days of owning the Z10, a month ago.
    Maybe BB is going with the old Detroit model of planned obsolescence.

p.s. Honestly, I'm going to wait for the official 10.1 release and if I still experience reboots I'm switching -there is absolutely no excuse for a problem as grave as this not to be fixed in the first major update.
    Last edited by charlielefaux; 05-01-13 at 11:46 AM.
    05-01-13 10:54 AM
    Verizon. I have a bunch of apps via BB world and sideloaded. I think I've had a few overnight. I use the PlayBook rapid charger. I don't recall it ever restarting when not plugged into power but I know this has been discussed ad nauseum.
    05-01-13 10:58 AM
    Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.1483 on Verizon

I too was fed up with all the reboots (I didn't even install the latest OS from Verizon when I bought this BlackBerry), but after I finally did enough waiting and research I installed this leaked OS.

Still had reboots (albeit less than before) so I decided to permanently delete all the Verizon-installed applications.

Lo and behold, I haven't had any reboots for three to four days which is an immense difference.

My opinion (don't quote or crucify me on this) would be memory leaks? Because my free memory would start at 1.2GB to start my day and then stabilise around 800-700MB.

I hope this post helped at all because other posters in threads saved my relationship with me and BlackBerry many times.

.... Or is it BlackBerry and I? Grammar Nazis please proofread haha

Anyway, good day and/or night to you all.
    05-08-13 01:41 PM
    Why don't you install a better build? 10.1.0.1627 has been around.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:57 PM
    That worries me. I too have been getting so much reboots lately. It's definitely making me lose patience. If the official 10.1 doesn't fix it, I'm gonna, cringe, switch to another platform. It's one thing to tolerate a bug here and there and the lack of apps, which I do because the other awesome features compensate, but the constant rebooting is too much of an inconvenience. I've given it my best shot.

Posted via Zed 10
    05-08-13 02:04 PM
    It pains me to say it, but I honestly can't blame anyone for switching away from the Z10 if you have this kind of reboot issue.

It's a testament to the "Stick it Out" mentality of BlackBerry fans that you haven't already given up!

I just hope it isn't due to software loaded onto the phone by the American carriers (since it's rare that any Canadians have this issue--for example, I've had one random reboot since I bought the phone and none before or after, but I'm with Rogers in Canada).

How did the US carriers not see this during their 2 months of testing?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 12:58 PM
    When you install a leaked version you should know that something may not work properly. If you don't want to experience those things just wait for official release.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 01:06 PM
    I've had one random reboot and that was before I installed the leaked OS.

STL100-3 on Rogers so who knows what it might be
    05-09-13 01:25 PM
    I've had 3 reboots with 10.1.1627
    05-09-13 01:29 PM