Hi wondered if anyone has had this problem.
    When I go into my photos, there are my photos but also black squares where there should be photos. If I select one of the black squares my pictures will show. If I select albums it says miscellaneous, 8 photos but there all blank. Basically what I'm saying is some of my photos don't show as thumbnails. I've checked my media card and it seems fine.
    Hope that makes sense, any help appreciated

Posted via CB10
    sirk25 likes this.
    04-30-13 06:29 PM
    Was JUST about to post a topic regarding the same issue. It's got me stumped!
    04-30-13 06:30 PM
    Hi wondered if anyone has had this problem.
    When I go into my photos, there are my photos but also black squares where there should be photos. If I select one of the black squares my pictures will show. If I select albums it says miscellaneous, 8 photos but there all blank. Basically what I'm saying is some of my photos don't show as thumbnails. I've checked my media card and it seems fine.
    Hope that makes sense, any help appreciated

Posted via CB10
    It has to do with the indexing of the photos, sometimes it misses a few here and there. Not sure if there is a fix for it, it's just so random at times. In my case, it always comes from photos apps are using -- not pics I've taken.
    04-30-13 06:32 PM
    happens to me as well
    04-30-13 06:43 PM
    ..it always comes from photos apps are using -- not pics I've taken.
    Seems to happen like that.. for example, since downloading WhatsApp, I know have a bunch of photos of the wallpapers/backgrounds WhatsApp Uses.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:46 PM
    Hey thanks for the replies. Feel better knowing its not just me. Think your right Blaize the photos that are missing are usually ones I've done screen captures of. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:47 PM
    This is the same for everybody, my z10 is also experiencing this.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    04-30-13 06:51 PM
    This is happening to me as well

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 09:26 PM
    Can anyone who is running 10.1 confirm that this issue has been corrected? I have it happen with screen captures and also camera taken shots. Makes it very difficult to find images! Anyone find a work-around?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 09:04 AM
    Have you checked the file extension? If you change the name of the image file you have to be sure to keep the extension on the end or else it saves it as another file type.
    05-13-13 09:17 AM
    I've confirmed that the issue has nothing to do with the file name or extension. Some pictures taken with the z10 are nor showing thumbnails! Strangely, some of the did originally show the thumbs but then stopped. Seems random, perhaps changing after a phone restart. I've also confirmed that UT has nothing to do with the SD card or formatting. I have a new card that was formatted on the phone, and I have the issue occurring also on the internal memory.

It's also not an indexing error, or clicking on the black frame wouldn't pull up the correct image. The JPG standard contains a small thumbnail image of the full size image within it. It appears that bb10 is randomly failing to extract that thumbnail and add it to its directory.

I'm going to make a note of all the "Black Frame" images on my phone, and layer do a restart to see if there are any changes. Wish there was a menu selection for "Rebuild Index"

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 10:31 AM
    By the way, if you copy the image (no changes, just make a copy) the copy will display the the thumbnail. You can then delete the original. A work around but very annoying. This is a basic function of any image viewing app so BlackBerry needs to address and fix it asap.... it's the sort of basic detail that buyers expect will just work.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 10:34 AM
    Mine are grey, and open onto a blank black screen (if they open) plus, as an added bonus, are undeletable. Magic !
    05-13-13 11:18 AM
    Mine are grey, and open onto a blank black screen (if they open) plus, as an added bonus, are undeletable. Magic !
    Those are probably something else. Especially if they show up in a folder called Misc. I think some app creates them, a few images of various shares of gray that I guess the app needs. The issue that this thread seems to be focused on is actual images that do open up for viewing but do not display their thumbnail.

I've further noticed that even if you check those directories in file manager those same image thumbnails do not display.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 11:48 AM
    still happening with 10.1
    10-05-13 01:52 PM