Dear All,

I'm in a dilemma, and I'm reaching out to all you BB fan boys for your advise.

Right so I have an iPhone 5, amazing phone use it in the car for music, and Apple TV at home for sharing content with friends and family that come over.

You can call me a fan boy but let's all be honest you can't fault the iPhone.

Another thing if this whole Blackberry 10 thing fails, Blackberry is in the drain there on there last straw.

So why should I get the Q10? I want it don't get me wrong, I'm lying in bed digged out my old BB 9900 and using it to see if I have a reason for the new Q10 but I can't find it?

I would love it for BBM but all my friends have migrated over to iPhone or Android, so from 58 BB contacts I'm down to one!

I'm looking for that excuse to pop into CPW or Phones4u in the UK tomorrow to get it! But I can't find it!

Help me out guys, or shall I genuinely not buy it as there's no point?

Thanks All!
    04-30-13 06:08 PM
    Looks like you solved your dilemma. What works for you, works for you.

Enjoy your iPhone!
    Camelhmpz, spvsarah, brout and 1 others like this.
    04-30-13 06:20 PM
    Here are several:
    -Hardware keyboard
    -LED notification
    -Much larger battery
    -Slightly faster browser
    -More durable hardware (iPhone will dent/shatter easily)
    -Better call quality
    -The Hub
    -Real multitasking
    -Screenshare
    -Exclusivity

That's just to name a few. I don't want to post any more or else this post will get really large. You can also sync your iTunes music with the Q10.

Just pick the phone you think is best for you
    04-30-13 06:20 PM
    But I want the Q10 but I'm just trying to find a reason, don't get me wrong I won't drop the iPhone ill use the Q10 as a second phone to carry around!
    04-30-13 06:22 PM
    Hi there and first off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include your device (for now), carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

While nothing is impossible, BBRY will NOT be closing in the foreseeable future, i.e. during the lifespan of your device.

Why not go for it? Trust your gut! You're asking because you want it, but some part of your brain is trying to be conservative and ask why you want it...

Worst case, you hate it. If that's very soon, you can return it or exchange to try a Z10. If it's not so soon, you likely won't have any issue selling it privately in the near future.
    sklotz2000 and brout like this.
    04-30-13 06:24 PM
    I'm not arguing but I don't those as valid points because of the following

Here are several:
    -Hardware keyboard - touch works find, this doesn't bother me
    -LED notification - again doesn't bother me
    -Much larger battery - my iphone lasts me throughout the day, I use for music in car and it charges
    -Slightly faster browser - it may be, not sure on this but the seen is bigger on the iPhone & how faster can it really be ?
    -More durable hardware (iPhone will dent/shatter easily) - not a moving factor
    -Better call quality - I have HD voice oange UK network
    -The Hub
    -Real multitasking
    -Screenshare - what is this?
    -Exclusivity - what do you mean?
    04-30-13 06:26 PM
    I'm not arguing but I don't those as valid points because of the following

Here are several:
    -Hardware keyboard - touch works find, this doesn't bother me
    -LED notification - again doesn't bother me
    -Much larger battery - my iphone lasts me throughout the day, I use for music in car and it charges
    -Slightly faster browser - it may be, not sure on this but the seen is bigger on the iPhone & how faster can it really be ?
    -More durable hardware (iPhone will dent/shatter easily) - not a moving factor
    -Better call quality - I have HD voice oange UK network
    -The Hub
    -Real multitasking
    If that is how you see it then this thread is over. It is clear that the MAJOR advantages aren't for you, so stick with your iP5.
    mk2234 likes this.
    04-30-13 06:29 PM
    http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2...-the-keyboard/

Review from an iphone guy.

Posted via CB10
    bck2bb likes this.
    04-30-13 06:30 PM
    Screenshare is a new feature of BBM. During a BBM Video call, you can screenshare, meaning one caller can show the other caller their screen. Could be used for troubleshooting, help with directions, asking for advice on which photo to use for something, quick proofreading, etc.

Now you said you won't have any BBM Contacts, at least initially, so this won't matter to you yet.

Think re "exclusivity" he was being a bit cheeky...
    04-30-13 06:31 PM
    Hi there and first off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include your device (for now), carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

While nothing is impossible, BBRY will NOT be closing in the foreseeable future, i.e. during the lifespan of your device.

Why not go for it? Trust your gut! You're asking because you want it, but some part of your brain is trying to be conservative and ask why you want it...

Worst case, you hate it. If that's very soon, you can return it or exchange to try a Z10. If it's not so soon, you likely won't have any issue selling it privately in the near future.
    Yeah considering going for it, if I upgrade over the phone I can return it if I don't like it, that's a good idea tbh! Good idea thanks for that !
    04-30-13 06:40 PM
    It all boils down to what works best for you. Make a complete list of what you use your Iphone for and then compared that list to the features that BB10/Q10 has. If BB10/Q10 comes up short with features, then you will have your answer.

For example: for me whenever I look at a new phone the first thing on my list is does the phone have a non-slider physical keyboard. If the answer is no, then there is no point in going any further in looking at a new phone.
    04-30-13 06:41 PM
    Screenshare is a new feature of BBM. During a BBM Video call, you can screenshare, meaning one caller can show the other caller their screen. Could be used for troubleshooting, help with directions, asking for advice on which photo to use for something, quick proofreading, etc.

Now you said you won't have any BBM Contacts, at least initially, so this won't matter to you yet.

Think re "exclusivity" he was being a bit cheeky...

You know what, I think the only thing holding me back is no BBM contacts, only one lol. The reason why I moved over to BB years ago was for emails and BBM now the iPhone can do emails just as well, I need the contacts because I can see advantages with the new BBm app

Ill think ill give it a go and return it if I don't like it tbh! Lets see how it goes tomorrow!
    04-30-13 06:42 PM
    Don't think you really wanted to be reasoned with. You obviously made up your mind before you posted. Buh-bye
    04-30-13 06:42 PM
    Don't think you really wanted to be reasoned with. You obviously made up your mind before you posted. Buh-bye
    It's 1am here nearly, spent most of the day deciding what to do and I can't sleep because I'm thinking about it! Trust me I'm trying to find a reason lol.

I think ill get it upgrade via phone and return it if I don't like it! That's the best way I think tbh!
    04-30-13 06:44 PM
    ....keep following your friends! It's safe to not be a leader. No flame intended.
    04-30-13 06:46 PM
    You know what, I think the only thing holding me back is no BBM contacts, only one lol. The reason why I moved over to BB years ago was for emails and BBM now the iPhone can do emails just as well, I need the contacts because I can see advantages with the new BBm app

Ill think ill give it a go and return it if I don't like it tbh! Lets see how it goes tomorrow!
    How do you know you only have 1 BBM contact? Or do you mean that was all that was left when you last had a working BB, your 9900?

You never know: BB10 has been very well received in the UK. You might have other contacts who have also made their way back!

Whatever you decide is the right decision.
    04-30-13 06:47 PM
    Keep us updated on what you think of it. An interesting experiment...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:50 PM
    ....keep following your friends! It's safe to not be a leader. No flame intended.
    Lol - I've had iPhones since the iPhone 4. At the same time I used to also rock Blackberry"s, I used to use the iPhone 4s and the Bold 9900 till about September last year when the 5 came out! I've always had both most of the time!
    04-30-13 06:52 PM
    How do you know you only have 1 BBM contact? Or do you mean that was all that was left when you last had a working BB, your 9900?

You never know: BB10 has been very well received in the UK. You might have other contacts who have also made their way back!

Whatever you decide is the right decision.

When I had the 9900 before I put it down to rest anyway, I had 57 / 67 contacts, switched it back oand out of everyone I know everyone had an iPhone oAndroid expect for one person!
    04-30-13 06:54 PM
    Keep us updated on what you think of it. An interesting experiment...

Posted via CB10

Will do - I think I'm gonna sleep on Getting the Q10 and returning it if not liked.

Again this might change my has been all day!

Will keep you guys posted! Thanks!
    04-30-13 06:55 PM
    To be completely honest, if you cant find the reasons yourself for wanting the Q10 then there's no point in getting it. I love my Z10, thinking about switching to the Q10, but the only way you'll know if its for you if YOU go pick up a demo and play around with it. I could tell you the Q10 can jump through hoops of fire and shoots laser beams but until you actually use the feature(s) of the phone you will never get a sense of what it can really do and if those features are useful for your purposes.
    Shoryuken likes this.
    04-30-13 06:55 PM
    To the OP...

It's clear you're pretty established and immersed with your current platform. If it ain't broke, why change? You'll just cause yourself unnecessary frustration of having to leave an ecosystem that's worked for your needs. Change when it doesn't. Otherwise, stick with what works for you and save yourself a few bucks.
    04-30-13 06:56 PM
    Get what you want.....

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-30-13 06:58 PM
    Your dilemma is why many people carry TWO. You mention content....stick with Apple.
    But messaging and true multitasking to get things done? BB all the way.
    I say it to my friends all the time, "You wanna watch movies and play games or you wanna get $hit done?"
    I don't have TIME for both, and on the weekend when I DO have time, I sure as hell don't want my movies on a 4" inch screen.
    Case in point: I've had my Z since 3/26, and I side-loaded Netflix as soon as it was available through CB....guess how many times I've opened it? Twice....How many full movies have I watched? ZERO
    don't get me started on Instagram....and Angry Birds Star Wars? My CHILDREN (note the emphasis on CHILDREN) love it....but they're 11 and 13 without a care in the world.....nothing but time on their side.
    Me? I've played it, like Netflix, TWICE.
    But calendar? email? Remember App? Man, I'm constantly on those....speaking of....there goes a reminder now....
    Simple choice.....you want a tool or a toy?
    04-30-13 07:08 PM
    For me it's all about productivity. And BlackBerry sums that up in the word "flow"
    04-30-13 07:23 PM
40 12