I have seen a few threads with issues on Blackberry Link, however, I haven't seen any (yet) with this problem. Whenever I try to open it, it crashes. The Blackberry Link image appears, within 5 seconds windows reports that Blackberry Link has stopped working. Anyone experienced this? I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, did a system restore and reinstalled.
    04-30-13 12:46 PM
    Have not come across this. What OS?

BBX-I Said it
    04-30-13 12:52 PM
    Have not come across this. What OS?

BBX-I Said it
    Windows 7. 64 bit
    04-30-13 12:55 PM
    This could be one of a few reasons - Link has its own ip address that could bind and cause link to crash... rare, and usually more to do with a computer that hasn't been cleaned out lately.

Go to your windows search
    Type 'msconfig' and open
    Choose selective startup and unchecked startup items
    Click apply then ok
    Restart your computer now and when it loads again restart from the windows button

Recheck link now
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-30-13 02:03 PM
    This could be one of a few reasons - Link has its own ip address that could bind and cause link to crash... rare, and usually more to do with a computer that hasn't been cleaned out lately.

Type 'msconfig' and open
    Click apply then ok
    Restart your computer now and when it loads again restart from the windows button

Recheck link now
    will try this now
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-30-13 02:04 PM
    My problem with Link isn't the program crashing, but it causing my win8 PC to BSOD, and yes it only BSOD's when Link is running so its not something else.
    04-30-13 02:15 PM

Type 'msconfig' and open
    Click apply then ok

Recheck link now
    no luck
    04-30-13 02:34 PM
    Well at least ur computer boots up faster now lol.

Hope u find a fix for link soon,
    04-30-13 03:19 PM
    Well at least ur computer boots up faster now lol.

Hope u find a fix for link soon,
    haha! Link isn't THAT important now, but eventually I'll need to backup. Hopefully, I'll find someone who is facing this issue as well and we can find a way to resolve it.
    04-30-13 03:29 PM
    Have you tried using the update to link(newer version)? 1.1.0.33 Since this version came out I haven't had a crash.
    04-30-13 03:32 PM
    Have you tried using the update to link(newer version)? 1.1.0.33 Since this version came out I haven't had a crash.
    Yup. Installed twice today. I'm going to wipe my entire hard drive tomorrow and try and see if I have something that is causing this.
    04-30-13 03:40 PM
    I was having this same issue, also running Win7-64bit. After many attempts at uninstalling/reinstalling the BB Link software without any luck I noticed the System Requirements stated 'Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connection'. After updating to the latest .NET 4.5 Framework, I no longer have this issue. Hope this helps!
    RazzBerry likes this.
    05-01-13 02:27 AM
    Link is just awful
    I used it to backup and restore my phone in a vain bid to force an update and it duplicated a load of contacts which meant I ended up getting charged for mms when I thought I was doing a simple sms. And I had to waste another hour of my life sorting out the contacts.
    BlackBerry need to step up their game a bit soon

Posted via CB10
    schiri likes this.
    05-01-13 03:40 AM
    The .NET idea seems sound. That's one thing I haven't tried. I'm praying it works. Need the Link to sync all of my movies and pictures on my phone.
    05-17-13 10:28 PM
    I have the same problem.
    In my case this happens if I had already started and closed link.
    the first time after the pc startup, link starts just fine, but if i close link and later restart link, it crashes...

I found that after closing link, 2 services are still running in the background. If i go to task manager and kill 'blackberrylink.autoupdate.exe *32' and 'blackberrylink.helper.exe *32', then i can start up link again with no problem.

Hope this helps...
    05-18-13 04:36 AM
    I have seen a few threads with issues on Blackberry Link, however, I haven't seen any (yet) with this problem. Whenever I try to open it, it crashes. The Blackberry Link image appears, within 5 seconds windows reports that Blackberry Link has stopped working. Anyone experienced this? I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, did a system restore and reinstalled.
    I'm having the same issue with B-link.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 04:47 AM
    Link is causing my Win7 64 to BSOD when I connect via USB.
    06-03-13 03:07 PM
    Whenever I try to open it, it crashes. The Blackberry Link image appears, within 5 seconds windows reports that Blackberry Link has stopped working. Anyone experienced this?
    Yes was getting this every time I used Link. This was with Vista SP2 x64. So after reading this thread I thought I better check my .net installs. I had 3.5sp1, 4 Client Profile and 4 Extended. With that I thought I better grab 4.5 (thought it was in already). Once it was installed I quit getting these errors... so far.
    06-04-13 07:21 AM
    I starting getting this issue this morning. Searched this forum, came to this thread, read, installed .Net Framework 4.5 and now am fine.

Boight's answer FTW.

Thanks,
    Kelly J.
    06-15-13 12:11 PM
    I have the same issue. New Z10. Windows 7.
    Downloaded BB Link. Installed it. Crashed after opening (Setup screen) Message: "Blackberry Link has stopped working"
    Tried uninstalling, CCleaning, Re-installing. No change. With Z10 connected via USB and without connected.
    Rebooted Windows 7.
    Uninstalled and re-installed again.
    Still doing the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas.
    08-10-13 10:48 AM
    I'm having the same issue with B-link.

Posted via CB10
    I have same issue. BB link crashes on start up. BB Link box opens on start-up like program is loading and then flashes and disappears. Won't load. Any working solution/fix yet?

Thanks.
    09-07-13 11:25 AM
    Similar problem.

Running Win 7, Link 1.1 and just started crashing. Upgraded to Link 1.2, same problem.

Much trial and error and found contact sync not crashing Link, but Calendar sync would crash every time. Tried all combinations of sync
    preferences, and still crashed every time.

Deleted PC linked calendar on Z10 and re-sync'd. no more crashing.

Assumption something corrupted on Z10 calendar, but not sure. So far have sync'd without a problem several times.
    10-30-13 10:58 PM
    Similar problem.

Running Win 7, Link 1.1 and just started crashing. Upgraded to Link 1.2, same problem.

Much trial and error and found contact sync not crashing Link, but Calendar sync would crash every time. Tried all combinations of sync
    preferences, and still crashed every time.

Deleted PC linked calendar on Z10 and re-sync'd. no more crashing.

Assumption something corrupted on Z10 calendar, but not sure. So far have sync'd without a problem several times.
    Ensure you are running the latest .NET framework
    10-31-13 08:31 AM
    I have this issue too. It started with Windows 8. And then I upgraded to windows 8.1 and BBLink started working again. And then when I went to back up phone a week later, BBLink would start crashing on the startup logo again. I've tried a complete uninstall/reinstall with a reboot in between. I updated to the latest .NET Framework 4.5 and 4.5.1. I've downloaded the newest BBLink 121_b023_multilanguage.exe. When I uninstalled I chose to "Remove all user settings for BlackBerry Link".

-EDIT: Actually I remembered wrong. The last time I was able to open BBLink was when I updated my OS to the Carrier (TELUS) 10.2.0.424 about 3 weeks ago. After that I was not able to open BBLink again even after updating to 121_b023_multilanguage.exe
    Last edited by MikeRotch76; 11-21-13 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added info
    11-21-13 11:31 AM
    In my case Link takes forever to recognize my device (Z10) and then prompts me to upgrade to an OS version I already have.
    The user interface is pretty, though.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:11 PM