The price of the Q10 will drop dramatically within 2-3 months just like the Z10 did. I got my Z10 in Australia on launch day for $696 and a month after it was dropping to as low as 500.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 09:18 AM
    The price of the Q10 will drop dramatically within 2-3 months just like the Z10 did. I got my Z10 in Australia on launch day for $696 and a month after it was dropping to as low as 500.

Posted via CB10
    That's my thoughts as well. As bad as I want the new White Q10, I think I'll hold off until the price goes down a bit and updates are sent out.
    04-30-13 09:23 AM
    Free for me so no point hanging on, but to be honest I'm too much of a tech ***** to wait anyway.

Posted via CB10
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    04-30-13 09:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Z10 here in Canada when it came out you could of gotten it for 600$.. Now some people are selling it for 350$. Was lucky enough to get 430$ from mine. It's ridiculous.
    04-30-13 10:31 AM
    Waiting for price drops or updates is THE stupidest thing one could do when buying a phone.

If you always wait, you will never get anything, because updates and price drops will always come.
    kazn3r likes this.
    04-30-13 10:35 AM
    Well....................

If you play that side of things (waiting for price drops) you just have to know what you're waiting for, then pounce. I play that game, and am not under a contract, however I never really have the "latest" phone-- I'm usually off by 6mo or so. But for me it's the thrill of the hunt, researching, reading reviews, and waiting for initial kinks/software to be fixed. And in the case of the Q10, I am eager for all the people that can't wait to get some Q10s out there in the wild so 6mo from now there will be people upgrading to something else, canceling, etc etc and I can pick one up and keep the cycle going.

For me, I can't justify the $500-700 every six months that I'd need to pay to keep up on things.

Just an opinion from the other side :-)

P.S. If you're using Outlook in your day job the RSS feeds and Craigslist are your friend-- I'll be setting up a Q10 keyword search on our local Craigslist feed any day now and start watching the price goes down-- and when that one person in a few months from now is desperate for cash-- I pounce :-)
    JUSTQUAN2 and vpblaze like this.
    04-30-13 10:47 AM
    Waiting for price drops or updates is THE stupidest thing one could do when buying a phone.

If you always wait, you will never get anything, because updates and price drops will always come.
    I am going to have to disagree with everything you said.

Except for the part about "always wait" this is true if you always wait, you will never get anything, considering always is forever...however, if you wait a month or two you will save a good bit a money and will get a much better OS assuming there has been some maintenance releases during the short wait time.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    nickthebold likes this.
    04-30-13 10:49 AM
    Are any of the price drops for upgrades or just new contracts?
    04-30-13 10:54 AM
    Ya gotta pay to play.. Having the latest and the greatest comes at a price. I say don't wait
    04-30-13 11:00 AM
    Ya gotta pay to play.. Having the latest and the greatest comes at a price. I say don't wait
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 11:34 AM
    You're telling people to wait on a public forum. What if everyone on this site and their friends listens to you? Then what? When will the prices come down and will BlackBerry still exist in a year or two?

I'm not saying people will actually listen to you, but this is the kind of thing you decide for yourself and not encourage everyone else to do it.

Posted via CB10
    kupfernigk likes this.
    04-30-13 12:59 PM
    No point in waiting if you're on T-Mobile in the U.S. I don't think full retail price changes, and that's what you pay off over time with their new plans.

I'm getting the Q10 within the first 6 minutes of the stores opening the day it launches.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado, Shumsher and dosto like this.
    04-30-13 01:09 PM
    No point in waiting if you're on T-Mobile in the U.S. I don't think full retail price changes, and that's what you pay off over time with their new plans.

I'm getting the Q10 within the first 6 minutes of the stores opening the day it launches.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, I'm gonna just buy it full retail. I'm getting it as soon add it releases as well.
    04-30-13 02:59 PM
    Brand new z10s in Vancouver are going for 450 obo on local sales forums

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 03:02 PM
    I don't know if it's a "smart" versus "dumb" thing - it's more where you fit in on the scale of consumer purchasing diffusion. You can be an early adopter a laggard, or anything in between!

Source: Everett Rogers, Diffusions of Innovation
    04-30-13 03:09 PM
    however, with technology, like the storm, it became preferred to own a late model storm because (at least i noticed after having 4) the factories tweaked tolerances, therefore enhancing the screen click.

Without a trackpad, though, i do not see any hardware issues that will need to be fixed in the coming months. of course, updates--but if i waited for updates to Windows, i'd still have a beige computer...
    04-30-13 03:31 PM
    I was actually surprised to see the Z10 dropping this fast in terms of pricetag. Taking a look at the other, legacy Blackberry devices, those are pretty stable in terms of pricing. Even the Bold 9900 is still quite expensive around here, even though it is more than 18 months old. The Z10 on the other hand started at about 630,-€ around here. That was back in early March. Today the average pricing is below 550,-€, with first offers scratching at the 500,-€ mark.

The Q10 seems to have an official off-contract price of 679,-€ in Germany. However first retailers started to go down to roughly 629,-€ (basicly the Z's starting price) and a very few of them right now are even below 600,-€. However since nothing is in stock and nobody knows when it hits the stores, those prices mean nothing right now.

Currently Samsung is ruining everyones game. Don't know why, but this company literally throws their phones right at you! The Galaxy S3 just dropped to 350-380€. That phone was almost 150€ more expensive just two weeks ago. They are also selling off their Ativ S devices, these go for as low as 260,-€ at the moment - making it the best bang for the buck available. I actually dislike how they stress their competition with those agressive pricings. Neither Nokia, nor Blackberry or even HTC can afford it right now, to compete with those pricings.
    04-30-13 09:09 PM
    I was actually surprised to see the Z10 dropping this fast in terms of pricetag. Taking a look at the other, legacy Blackberry devices, those are pretty stable in terms of pricing. Even the Bold 9900 is still quite expensive around here, even though it is more than 18 months old. The Z10 on the other hand started at about 630,-� around here. That was back in early March. Today the average pricing is below 550,-�, with first offers scratching at the 500,-� mark.

The Q10 seems to have an official off-contract price of 679,-� in Germany. However first retailers started to go down to roughly 629,-� (basicly the Z's starting price) and a very few of them right now are even below 600,-�. However since nothing is in stock and nobody knows when it hits the stores, those prices mean nothing right now.

Currently Samsung is ruining everyones game. Don't know why, but this company literally throws their phones right at you! The Galaxy S3 just dropped to 350-380�. That phone was almost 150� more expensive just two weeks ago. They are also selling off their Ativ S devices, these go for as low as 260,-� at the moment - making it the best bang for the buck available. I actually dislike how they stress their competition with those agressive pricings. Neither Nokia, nor Blackberry or even HTC can afford it right now, to compete with those pricings.
    That's business. Samsung and apple will do anything and everything to keep BlackBerry nokia and HTC from growing

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:44 AM
    That being said... Unable to tolerate the wait for a Q 10 in Oz
    No stocks , no supply , component shortage has pushed back supplies etc.. message from our local E-tailers ( grey import stock )
    I think I have to choose the option of waiting and let the price move from $750 odd to $500.
    I am a BB die hard fan. currently using a 9780.
    05-07-13 04:53 AM
    You can always shop around and bargain. Those are rarely reasons to wait past the first couple of weeks.
    Waiting for bugs to be ironed out (especially those involving importing data from previous devices) and for the release of essential software (such as Blackberry's own Wallet), on the other hand, are--in my opinion--compelling reasons to wait.....

Posted via CBQ10
    05-07-13 07:25 AM
    Because it seems that majority of people do not like the Z10 hence everyone selling them and hence the price drop. The Q10 wont be having a price drop anytime soon.
    05-07-13 09:31 AM
    Look the z10 dropped in price fast because it doesn't have a keyboard, when a consumer goes to buy a full touch screen phone he would go to an iOS device or android as they the most supported OS in term of updates and apps and even custom Android OS's, and iOS jailbrake modification, in the end even in the old days BB full touch screen was not that much of a success the success of a BB is in the keyboard and its compact small sized factor .

Now BB Q10 is the device that all people want even if they are a Android or iOS user and never had a BB experience before then the Q10 is attracting them because they got more of a more open system and app support seems easier on it and great battery.

Now im still waiting for the release of BB Q10 here its this week or after, and for someone to say that waiting is dumb im sorry but your wrong to say that.
    05-07-13 09:50 AM
    Price drop on Q10 will be a lot slower than Z10 till blackberry come up with their next flagship with a physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:40 AM
    Most of people those are selling cause they could not stick with their old berries any longer and went for a full touch

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:42 AM