So I have a bluetooth speaker and I always connect my z10 to that speaker to listen to my musics. However, I found something annoying, the volume control on z10 is disabled when it connected to the bluetooth speaker, I can't increase or decrease the volume of the music using my z10, but I have to go to the bluetooth speaker and adjust the volume there! This kinda annoying, I connected my phone to the bluetooth speaker for mobility i.e. i can take my phone anywhere in my room while listening to the music, but i was forced to go to the speaker and adjust the volume..

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:11 AM
    What kind of blutooth speaker you are using? I'm planning to get the Bose Sound link speaker...

Posted via Z10
    04-29-13 08:15 AM
    So I have a bluetooth speaker and I always connect my z10 to that speaker to listen to my musics. However, I found something annoying, the volume control on z10 is disabled when it connected to the bluetooth speaker, I can't increase or decrease the volume of the music using my z10, but I have to go to the bluetooth speaker and adjust the volume there! This kinda annoying, I connected my phone to the bluetooth speaker for mobility i.e. i can take my phone anywhere in my room while listening to the music, but i was forced to go to the speaker and adjust the volume..

Posted via CB10
    That is the AD2P protocol. Nothing to do with the Z10, every phone and BT device connected to speakers has the volume adjusted via the outputted device.

I have BT on my receiver and used to connect my ipod and volume control was done via receiver. Same with all my blackberry phones including my Z10. And it is the same in my car. The volume is controlled by the car not by the phone.

I know my BT headset like my moto S10HD volume is controlled either through phone or the headset. But it's a different protocol.
    04-29-13 08:32 AM
    They've corrected this in the 10.1 OS update.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:33 AM
    I believe you can for the new 10.1 OS. I just bought a pair of bluetooth headphones and I am able to change the volume using the phone's volume rockers.

But I've only tried this on 10.1, can't confirm if this also works for the older OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:36 AM
    Good. I've been very annoyed by this.

I usually keep the volume off so I can play a game or two without disturbing anyone, but when I connect my Motorola T505 to listen to a book in the car, if I haven't turned the volume up I won't have any sound. I have to turn off the T505, increase the volume, and then turn the T505 back on. Annoying. Glad it's fixed in 10.1. Now, let's just hope Verizon releases 10.1 soon.
    annon91221 likes this.
    04-29-13 08:49 AM
    I believe you can for the new 10.1 OS. I just bought a pair of bluetooth headphones and I am able to change the volume using the phone's volume rockers.

But I've only tried this on 10.1, can't confirm if this also works for the older OS.

Posted via CB10
    With a headset, the volume rockers work, but to a car or stereo system BT profiles give the output device master control of volume. Ipod touch did the same thing, with a BT headset, the volume rockers worked, but to my stereo system, the volume was controlled by stereo or car.
    04-29-13 09:11 AM
    glad that this was corrected in the 10.1 update, now just wait for the update to be released soon

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:23 AM
    What kind of blutooth speaker you are using? I'm planning to get the Bose Sound link speaker...

Posted via Z10
    I'm using a cheapo Divoom bluetooth speaker :P

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:24 AM
    With a headset, the volume rockers work, but to a car or stereo system BT profiles give the output device master control of volume. Ipod touch did the same thing, with a BT headset, the volume rockers worked, but to my stereo system, the volume was controlled by stereo or car.
    It didn't work with my BT headset on 10, but on 10.1 it now works.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 10:43 AM
    It didn't work with my BT headset on 10, but on 10.1 it now works.

Posted via CB10
    That's odd, I didn't have a problem with my S10HD's If I remember correctly, I could adjust the volume via my Z10 to my headphones, just not through my stereo.
    04-29-13 11:14 AM
    I think 10.1 fixes this, just tested with my car. I could control the volume with the phone's volume rocker.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:45 PM
    I think 10.1 fixes this, just tested with my car. I could control the volume with the phone's volume rocker.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, I guess BB is going a step beyond because I've used my old ipod touch (2yrs since removed) and my stereo and car would disable the volume keys on my ipod and same with my old 9900 and torch and bold 9000 with my stereo. Headsets worked fine with the volume rocker, but stereos and cars, they took the option away.
    04-29-13 06:57 PM
    I think fixing this should alleviate some of the concerns over Bluetooth audio quality. My suspicion is that for some devices, where OS 10 was "Locked" on the volume, it defaulted to a high output which "Blew Out" out the sound. My Verizon z10 sounds great in one car but worse than AM radio in the other.
    04-29-13 07:06 PM
    i have this same problem during phone calls using a blackberry bluetooth headset that doesn't have any volume buttons.my other blackberries have let me adjust the volume during calls using the same headset.glad to hear they fixed this with the upcoming 10.1 OS.
    04-29-13 08:06 PM
    Has anyone with 10.1 tried volume control from the phone, on the original blackberry stereo gateway?

It used to work on all previous blackberry phones up until the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll vouch for that
    04-30-13 06:36 PM
    Has anyone with 10.1 tried volume control from the phone, on the original blackberry stereo gateway?

It used to work on all previous blackberry phones up until the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the gateway's volume will work from the phone in 10.1.
    04-30-13 06:37 PM
    I encounter the "bug" once again on Z10, OS 10.2 as well as on 10.2.1. I connect both with JBL Charge or Bose Soundlink mini , I am able to pair and play, but volume control is disabled. Is there any similar experiences or do I have any of my settings wrong. I suppose I don't, as there is not too much you can actually set up in the bluetooth menu.
    Thanks for sharing.
    11-16-13 06:23 PM
    I use my Z10 with my jambox all the time and the phone controls the volume for the speaker. It even shows a dialog box with jambox - and +. I didn't install an app or anything to do this. I'm not sure what causes the issues for you. On a side note, I used a note 3 for about a week and even with the jawbone app, it didn't control the volume the way I wanted. The phone and speaker volume were independent of each other. I hated it.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:36 PM
    Exactly, even shows the JBL +/- buttons (same for Bose), without any effect. Anyone else out there having the same bluetooth volume issues?
    11-17-13 08:13 AM
    Is your master volume set like this?
    Volume control on Z10 is disabled when connected to bluetooth speaker?-img_00003501.png

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:01 AM
    Yes it is. I have tried every possible combination without any change. Still does not work. (+ do not have the audio boost option)

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:45 PM
    Yes it is. I have tried every possible combination without any change. Still does not work. (+ do not have the audio boost option)

Posted via CB10
    I am not certain but I think specific devices do not employ the full set of BT Audio protocols and, therefore, the volume control does not work with those units. Before getting the BB Music Gateway, I had a similar unit from Logitech BUT I could NOT control its volume. Similarly, while I don't remember which earphones, I could NOT control the volume on one specific pair but I could control others and I can control the volume on the BB Music Gateway.

I'm not sure if there's a way to determine what will or won't work.
    11-18-13 09:07 PM
    That would indeed help a lot. I have tried several devices in the media market close by, same on those. Maybe I should have a look whether it at least works with the BlackBerry equipment...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:59 PM