I decided to make a new thread to address all the threads about MMS and the pearl.

Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now

Give it about 2-3 mins

Then it should work! I heard this through a very trusted source...so hopefully it's true!!
    10-07-08 06:12 PM
    It looks like it works but I tried to send a pic and get the big red x as if it didn't go through.

after about 5 minutes, still nothing. It has the MMS on the phone now, but it doesn't work
    Last edited by Smahie; 10-07-08 at 06:24 PM.
    10-07-08 06:19 PM
    ahhh crap....well i carry the curve, or i'd test it out....

did you do a battery pull?
    10-07-08 06:25 PM
    ahhh crap....well i carry the curve, or i'd test it out....

did you do a battery pull?
    I have the curve too, but my hubby has the pearl. I didn't do the battery pull at first (great idea though), but I just did and it still didn't go through. Keeps saying message failed to send
    10-07-08 06:31 PM
    ok...well just heard that they got some of the service books, but that it hasn't been fully approved yet. I guess once the 4.5 software comes out it will be fully MMS capable.

DANG IT!!!
    10-07-08 06:31 PM
    Big red X here too. I'm a little too afraid to update my software, because I'm not sure I can do it safely. What now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 06:39 PM
    I have 4.5 on my pearl and after the update in host routing tables it sends mms like a charm.
    10-07-08 07:31 PM
    You HAVE to be running 4.5. It will not work on 4.3.
    10-07-08 07:43 PM

That makes sense. I know my hubby has the 4.3, and I know it doesn't work.
    10-07-08 08:09 PM
    Negative... Im running 4.3.0.81, did the register now and MMS is working on in and out of network texts....
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYY

Ok sorry but yes it works now on my 4.3 Alltel
    10-07-08 09:05 PM
    Negative... Im running 4.3.0.81, did the register now and MMS is working on in and out of network texts....
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYY

Ok sorry but yes it works now on my 4.3 Alltel

are you able to send picture messages?
    10-07-08 09:10 PM
    That's great news if it works for 4.3 too. There's a possibility it may be more erratic on 4.3 than 4.5. Or maybe not. Since it's still officially in testing, it may be erratic for both anyway!

10-07-08 09:17 PM
    Yeah they send fine... Just a note after I shut down and restarted they wouldn't send so I had to re register and then they worked fine so it may be a bit buggy
    10-07-08 09:33 PM
    I'm getting the big red x too

10-07-08 09:36 PM
    4.5 on my pearl, and it's working really well ! Thank you RIM, Alltel, God, etc.
    10-07-08 09:40 PM
    Yeah they send fine... Just a note after I shut down and restarted they wouldn't send so I had to re register and then they worked fine so it may be a bit buggy

hmm, thats odd. I rebooted, battery pulled, and re-registered atleast 3 times and it won't work for me .

Damn!
    10-07-08 09:52 PM
    hmm, thats odd. I rebooted, battery pulled, and re-registered atleast 3 times and it won't work for me .

Damn!
    Me neither. It shows MMS in my menus now, but I get the red X's every time I try to send something.

Last edited by beiermb; 10-07-08 at 10:18 PM.
    10-07-08 10:09 PM
    RIM prematurly sent the update that is due out soon. MMS still not working.
    Sorry guys.

10-07-08 10:20 PM
    Just received a message on my Pearl running 4.3
    10-07-08 10:21 PM
    Just received a message on my Pearl running 4.3
    Lucky dog! You didn't have to wait very long between getting your Pearl and seeing MMS go live, did you??
    10-07-08 10:58 PM
    Success rate appears to be around 5%.
    Release was not scheduled until the end of the week.
    If its working for you, great. If not, just hang in there, should be starting up for all soon.
    Alltel cannot resend the service books. RIM said it was an error and will not be pushed again until the official release.

10-08-08 01:08 AM
    RIM prematurly sent the update that is due out soon. MMS still not working.
    Sorry guys.

It's working perfectly on all five of the Pearls that I have running 4.5 on. I haven't tried any with 4.3 though.
    10-08-08 07:22 AM
    Lucky dog! You didn't have to wait very long between getting your Pearl and seeing MMS go live, did you??
    Very true, but I was running a Moto Q for the past year and a half. It's been awhile since MMS.
    10-08-08 09:04 AM
    Success rate appears to be around 5%.
    Release was not scheduled until the end of the week.
    If its working for you, great. If not, just hang in there, should be starting up for all soon.
    Alltel cannot resend the service books. RIM said it was an error and will not be pushed again until the official release.

LISTEN to this man he knows what he's talkin about.

Patients is a virute!
    10-08-08 01:54 PM
    LISTEN to this man he knows what he's talkin about.

Patients is a virute!
    Let's just say the success rate is A LOT higher for people who have the MMS service books and either haven't updated Docs2Go or have deleted it. There are a lot of people successfully sending and receiving on Pearls out there, but certainly not enough to crash the MMS platform, which is what Alltel is fearing.

They are especially concerned about people running OS 4.3 using MMS on the Pearl because 4.3 allows a significantly higher amount of data to be transmitted across the platform than 4.5 does. Potentially, it could overload the MMS system, according to some people at Alltel. That's why CSRs have been strictly forbidden from advertising the availability of MMS on the Pearl and tech support has been told not to provide any support for MMS on the Pearl.
    10-08-08 03:12 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD