Hi all, is anyone familiar with the app Vlingo? Is there anything similar for Z10?
    Thanks for your help

Baix

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:56 PM
    Closest is sayit. Or native voice control. But nothing yet that will read back texts or emails without selection.. yet. I also was a huge vlingo fan and miss it.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    04-26-13 06:46 PM
    I am a big fan too. One thing I just discovered a week or so ago was the voice to text button on the keyboard. If you hold down the . when the keyboard is up - it pops up the voice to text. I used this feature often on Vlingo.
    What features are you missing from 10 that Vlingo provided
    04-27-13 09:01 AM
    I am a big fan too. One thing I just discovered a week or so ago was the voice to text button on the keyboard. If you hold down the . when the keyboard is up - it pops up the voice to text. I used this feature often on Vlingo.
    What features are you missing from 10 that Vlingo provided

I don't know if it's the old OS that Verizon is shipping on their Z10's that is to blame, but I can't use Sayit on my Z10 because if I use it it eventually blocks both the native and Sayit voice apps from "hearing" the microphone. I have to reboot to make them work again. So after paying for Sayit, it's useless to me unless an OS update addresses the issue.

Vlingo was going through some financial problems so I don't know if they are in a position to develop for BB10 or not.
    04-27-13 12:29 PM
    I really miss Vlingo, the voice to text was great.
    Does Sayit even come close on the voice to text?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:21 PM
    Vlingo was acquired by Nuance. They now have lots of cash.

The biggest missing feature for me is the ability to select email accounts that it would read out loud while I was driving. Built in voice function has nothing like that.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:25 PM

Ayyup, I remember that now.

Well since Nuance was their biggest competitor and they had a bunch of legal spats between them, I'd be more inclined to think they will just absorb the Vlingo tech and kill off all of their independent platform initiatives, most likely including their historical support of Blackberry.
    04-27-13 03:11 PM
    I remember BlackBerry offered Vlingo in the premium app promotion for OS 7 devices for free. Best Free app I downloaded hands down.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 03:16 PM
    (I realize that this is a board for a more recent version of Blackberry OS, but this is where I found the Vlingo thread, and hoped that someone might have some further information).

I use Vlingo on a Symbian phone (Nokia) and since 4/26/13 Vlingo has not been able to transmit and receive data from the Vlingo servers. I bring this up here because I noticed a post to a Mexican Yahoo message board where a Blackberry user was reporting the same sudden onset of the problem, with the same symptoms. My guess is that Nuance has discontinued support for Vlingo on all mobile phone platforms excepting iOS and Android. I have tried Vlingo on an iPhone and it still works as usual. This situation is unfortunate since I use Vlingo extensively for dictation of emails and memos, and also for Google searches. I have written to [email protected] for further information, but it is very possible that I might not receive a reply. Anyone else attempting to use Vlingo?
    Thanks

�Alguna soluci�n para un problema de aplicaci�n llamada Vlingo para Black Berry? - Yahoo! M�xico Respuestas
    04-29-13 07:45 PM
    Contacted Vlingo /Nuance two weeks ago. Received reply back stating nothing in works for Z10 at this time.
    04-30-13 04:38 AM

FWIW: Nuance provides the engine for Apple's Siri.

Nuance also just reported financial results today including a $25M loss, and their stock dropped 20% as a result.
    04-30-13 02:46 PM