I have had many android ports working previously on my Z10 including, Kindle, CNN, AmEx, Chase, Flipboard, etc. However, I recently tried loading the 10.1 software (not the latest but the one prior) and that turned out to be a disaster for me as the Hub was gone (thus no email, BBM, etc) in addition to other problems to numerous to mention here. So, I did a factory restore and then reinstalled my data and apps from a backup. I and am currently on 10.0.10.116 with AT&T in the US. So I tried to reload the android ports and nothing works. Not CNN, not Kindle, not AmEx, nothing. Each starts to load with the BB logo (which is upside down incidentally), then closes and pops me back to the main app screen. I tried rebooting the phone but still nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kurt
    04-26-13 05:48 PM
    I have had many android ports working previously on my Z10 including, Kindle, CNN, AmEx, Chase, Flipboard, etc. However, I recently tried loading the 10.1 software (not the latest but the one prior) and that turned out to be a disaster for me as the Hub was gone (thus no email, BBM, etc) in addition to other problems to numerous to mention here. So, I did a factory restore and then reinstalled my data and apps from a backup. I and am currently on 10.0.10.116 with AT&T in the US. So I tried to reload the android ports and nothing works. Not CNN, not Kindle, not AmEx, nothing. Each starts to load with the BB logo (which is upside down incidentally), then closes and pops me back to the main app screen. I tried rebooting the phone but still nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kurt
    If you've restored application data, that will cause the android player to crash. Reload the official OS, and only restore media and settings.
    04-26-13 06:00 PM
    Thanks Mecca. I am loading 1483 as we speak and will only restore the portions you suggest. I will post my results.

kurt
    04-26-13 06:17 PM
    Finished loading 1483 and did not even bother doing a restore. Rather, I just rebuilt everything fresh following the install and put all the android ports back on and while I have only tested a few, they seem to work just fine. Thanks again Mecca.

Kurt
    04-26-13 11:18 PM
    If you've restored application data, that will cause the android player to crash. Reload the official OS, and only restore media and settings.
    I agree with this...you will have to download all the apps from BlackBerry World...but restoring a backup messed up my Android player as well... I wish there was a 'wipe android player' option to result to defaults...

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.1483
    04-28-13 01:18 AM
    That's what happens when people jump to install a leaked OS that happens to be developers only.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:44 AM
    1. Download this: Load Android Apps on Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps (I only get my bar files from here 95% of the time they work, best site for bars period)
    2. Search developer tools on phone -> switch to on (you'll get a notification that it is on)
    3. go to program and press scan while your bb is plugged in (it'll prompt you to set a password, just do it)
    4. Then press add or CTRL+A and find your .bar file
    5. check mark the apps you want on your phone
    6. Install and before press "OK" when it says "Done", look at the download log to check if it went on your phone

Cheers
    04-30-13 11:18 PM