Its actually very Simple, BB10 took years in the making and WP was rushed to market. Why BB will out sell Windows? BB Once owned the market while WP was used just for business, WP has no fans to bring back while BB has millions missing BBM, Yes we have whatsapp but All my peps will admit nothing compares to BBM and in a way they do miss that about BB. When WP was released you could not even change the Ringtone to your personal one....Ummmm Its a Phone, Custom Ringtones should be automatic.

BB has nothing to worry about with windows, Yes Nokia rules when it comes to Camera, Video and features but the OS is way to simple. BlackBerry will be #1 again and I do see hope for WP because Windows to me did the opposite, You see most companies trying to make Mobiles into computers while Windows you see the opposite they have brought the Mobile to the Desktop, Windows 8 looks very Mobile (in a way like WP) and in exchange more people will become familiar using 8 then when they pick up that mobile phone, "Hey This looks alot like my desktop" Smart Move in my opinion.

I see BlackBerry #1 and Windows Phone (Maybe) #2 in the next 5 years. But IOS is Thinner Lighter and Faster (Please Bring Something else, Something New, Something Fresh) I don't see it happening so I see the Downfall of Apple, Android is way to glitchy, unsecure, un-updateable and OPEN FOR ALL, Ill pass on those guys and stick to BB10.
    04-26-13 01:45 PM
    Its actually very Simple, BB10 took years in the making and WP was rushed to market. Why BB will out sell Windows? BB Once owned the market while WP was used just for business, WP has no fans to bring back while BB has millions missing BBM, Yes we have whatsapp but All my peps will admit nothing compares to BBM and in a way they do miss that about BB. When WP was released you could not even change the Ringtone to your personal one....Ummmm Its a Phone, Custom Ringtones should be automatic.

BB has nothing to worry about with windows, Yes Nokia rules when it comes to Camera, Video and features but the OS is way to simple. BlackBerry will be #1 again and I do see hope for WP because Windows to me did the opposite, You see most companies trying to make Mobiles into computers while Windows you see the opposite they have brought the Mobile to the Desktop, Windows 8 looks very Mobile (in a way like WP) and in exchange more people will become familiar using 8 then when they pick up that mobile phone, "Hey This looks alot like my desktop" Smart Move in my opinion.

I see BlackBerry #1 and Windows Phone (Maybe) #2 in the next 5 years. But IOS is Thinner Lighter and Faster (Please Bring Something else, Something New, Something Fresh) I don't see it happening so I see the Downfall of Apple, Android is way to glitchy, unsecure, un-updateable and OPEN FOR ALL, Ill pass on those guys and stick to BB10.
    Android isn't glitchy or unsecured, there are government agencies using Android right now. It's probably the most updated and easy to update os on the planet. Bb10 could secure 3rd place quickly, but 1st place is android right now with over 70% marketshare, for BlackBerry to beat that they would need to gain 65%. Something nobody has ever done that quickly, or at all. I've said it before, even if Google dropped android today, it'd still be around a very long time, possibly forever because the development community is so incredibly massive that support for devices would continue for a very long time.
    hvd23 likes this.
    04-26-13 02:47 PM
    I got out of the "whats better" game a few years ago when I realized everyone uses mobile devices differently......to each their own and thats all I have to say about that
    04-26-13 03:39 PM
    Android isn't glitchy or unsecured, there are government agencies using Android right now. It's probably the most updated and easy to update os on the planet. Bb10 could secure 3rd place quickly, but 1st place is android right now with over 70% marketshare, for BlackBerry to beat that they would need to gain 65%. Something nobody has ever done that quickly, or at all. I've said it before, even if Google dropped android today, it'd still be around a very long time, possibly forever because the development community is so incredibly massive that support for devices would continue for a very long time.
    Times change, Times change. You looking at android like it will be around forever, people said the same thing about windows and look at them today they are struggling. Nothing is forever. Almost every week someone or something is being hacked and its all over the news (I would not be surprised if it has something to do with Google) Gaining 65% in a market with 4-5 OS's is not hard at all and like I said give it 5 years. I find it funny how u say forever NOTHING is forever. Watch and see what happens. I will be back in 5 and say I told you so lol
    04-26-13 04:23 PM
    The problem for BB is that Windows 8 and WP have a massive company backing them and OEMs. but right now in Tablet market share Windows 8 already has 7.5 market share in just 3 months and while recently by kanter said that WP had 5.6 of US sales. while BB had just 0.9 M Share for all of march. what BB really needs is more OEMS to help them. but certainly right now it's not the case.

Sent using my Z10
    independentvolume likes this.
    04-26-13 05:32 PM
    Noone has ever gained that much market share? In the sentence prior to that you stated that android is at 70% so it has been done because that was in about 5 or so years (launched October 2008 I believe)I'm not saying BB will do that like the OP but clarifying that it has been done.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:51 PM
    Noone has ever gained that much market share? In the sentence prior to that you stated that android is at 70% so it has been done because that was in about 5 or so years (launched October 2008 I believe)I'm not saying BB will do that like the OP but clarifying that it has been done.

Posted via CB10
    Android had the growth of the smartphone market at its back for the last five years. Since smartphone use is at above 50% in the US, that growth will slow down and therefore, the ability for there to be a significant shift in OS domination will be diminished. The opportunity is in worldwide smartphone adoption, but I don't know that that adoption rate for the next five years will be enough to significantly change the OS market rankings.
    04-26-13 06:00 PM
    In fact Android is glitchy and insecure. The ACLU has to threaten to sue to get someone to put security updates out because it's a mish-mash of manufacturers, Google and carriers. None of which will take responsibility for it. People buy certain individual models. It is hard to know how many of them know it is Android or what that means. It is selling in the states because Samsung and Verizon have a huge marketing budget and push it. In the emerging markets it sells because it is cheap. Google paid for the basic development and Samsung gets the established market buyers to subsidize their cheap prices elsewhere. Nice scam Samsung has going on. HTC appears to be making the higher-end models for the wealthy markets for as long as they stay in business.

Samsung sees China Inc. moving fast into their low price segments so they need to move up, squeezing out HTC. Yes Android will be around a while as manufacturers like not having to pay much for it.
    Last edited by jrohland; 04-26-13 at 06:14 PM.
    04-26-13 06:02 PM
    Meh - I like both. Good for each company trying something new and throwing the old out.
    04-26-13 06:05 PM
    The problem for BB is that Windows 8 and WP have a massive company backing them and OEMs. but right now in Tablet market share Windows 8 already has 7.5 market share in just 3 months and while recently by kanter said that WP had 5.6 of US sales. while BB had just 0.9 M Share for all of march. what BB really needs is more OEMS to help them. but certainly right now it's not the case.
    You could spin this either way. You could look at it and say, "Microsoft is a giant company, spending billions and has many OEM manufacturers selling Windows Phone yet less than 6% of all phones sold in the US in the US (which knew BlackBerry 10 was launching next month were Windows Phones".

I think Microsoft doesn't get enough credit for their innovations recently, but Windows Phone hasn't taken off despite everything Microsoft put behind it and despite the fact that BlackBerry essentially gave them 18 months to skewer the BlackBerry userbase while prepping BlackBerry 10.

I don't think it's 'cut and dry' for either company right now.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    04-26-13 06:09 PM
    I would tend to judge which is better by the end result and not how long it took.
    04-26-13 06:11 PM
    I can see Windows 8 has taken of very quickly in the tablet market. so all goods for them. I can see Windows 8.1 and Wp8.1 and the next Xbox being very good for driving that integration further \

Sent using my Z10
    04-26-13 06:21 PM
    Better is subjective and descriptive... not reality.... what is better is a users choice and why people have this overwheleming need to make something better is beyond me... If you own an Apple product,,, you consider it better or you would not stay with it... same holds true for Android, BB, and WP.... wish people would stop making comparisons and just enjoy what the have till something "better" comes along....

As for the Android security.... this issue is simple... Android is open source which mean those who make malware and viruses can easily talke advantage of this knowledge.... for this reason there wil be more malware and the like for an Android making more vulnerable to security... does not mean the vendors are not trying to patch and fix the issues... all you need to do is look at how many malware and viruses populate Android devices and I do not know how anyoine can say they are secure... especially compared to the other four...... they just have to do fixes more that the other closed platforms.... there in lies the security problem... the time it takes to identify and fix an infection can cause havok for the user of a company...... in essence making Andoid an easier target... so yes Android is more insecure just by being open source.... There are a number of "wrapper" solutions such as Knox and VMware that will help Android become more secure..... Like all technology... the dance for security will always continue.... right now Andorid is the OS of choice for Malware and viruses...
    04-27-13 07:41 AM
    Blackberry doesn't need to worry about Windows Phone 8 too much because WP8 is simply too immature and lack features. It's not difficult to find users and reviewers who complain about WP8.

Why Windows Phone 8 is strictly mediocre and why Microsoft should be worried.

So yes, WP8 is mediocre and the OS looks more suitable for a feature phone than a smart phone.

The challenge for Blackberry comes from Android, iOS and perhaps new contenders like Firefox OS and Tizen. Windows Phone is out of the game as far as I can see. Also many Windows Phone buyers are usually one time buyers and they often move on to other OSes.

Poor Nokia I would say, no matter how good camera they put in Windows Phone, it will not be enough to change the popularity of WP8.
    04-27-13 08:19 AM
    Meh - I like both. Good for each company trying something new and throwing the old out.
    I like the concept of having my office docs available on my phone the same as on my pc. I was highly tempted to try a WP8 device, but the Z10 drew me in with the keyboard and the hub. I hope they continue to evolve. Competition is the best spur to innovation.
    04-27-13 09:19 AM
    Times change, Times change. You looking at android like it will be around forever, people said the same thing about windows and look at them today they are struggling. Nothing is forever. Almost every week someone or something is being hacked and its all over the news (I would not be surprised if it has something to do with Google) Gaining 65% in a market with 4-5 OS's is not hard at all and like I said give it 5 years. I find it funny how u say forever NOTHING is forever. Watch and see what happens. I will be back in 5 and say I told you so lol
    No probably not. You might be back in 5 years whining about something but it won't be I told you so.
    Or are you telling us that Google is responsible for all the hacking in the world?

While you are at it can you give me the names of the Android malware you are worried about?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:00 AM
    Better is subjective and descriptive... not reality.... what is better is a users choice and why people have this overwheleming need to make something better is beyond me... If you own an Apple product,,, you consider it better or you would not stay with it... same holds true for Android, BB, and WP.... wish people would stop making comparisons and just enjoy what the have till something "better" comes along....
    Many consumers who use a smartphone really have no idea about the OS they are running and do not always know what the capabilities nor the liabilities of the platform they have chosen. It seems it is not a case of "better"; it is more an idea of "this is what I was sold". In my limited opinion, it seems the average consumer wants something easy to use to do a few things they want to do. They want to tap an app and get done what they want done.

One of the things that hurt BlackBerry was the complicated menu system on their legacy devices. You had to do some work to figure out how to maximize your phone to do what you wanted it to do. My boss used his BlackBerry constantly but was so frustrated because of having to reboot it periodically. He didn't know how to do an OS upgrade. He didn't want to study and figure out which menu option to use, etc. He just wanted it to work. I tried to help him, but at that time I was using a Windows 6.1 phone and it was a struggle for me to find what needed to be done. He is now on an iPhone and is happy.

Me, I came to BlackBerry because I wanted a keyboard and a touchscreen (the only one WP had was rampant with problems). I got the first iteration of a slider, the 9800. With just a little study and perusing the CrackBerry fourm and asking "stupid newbie questions" that patient longtime CrackBerrians answered (yes I did use the search button a lot!), I learned a lot and I am still learning. My 9810 just works great. I have it set up like I want running on a leaked OS. Stable and powerful. But I am the odd ball when it comes to phones. Not everyone wants to study to use a phone. Many people do not even watch the tutorials that come on most phones or read the guides books to set up their phone.

BlackBerry 10 looks to be easy to use and yet it satisfies the "geek" in those of us who want to dig deeper. I have been playing with one at the local ATT Store (I know they are getting tired of me coming in...they don't even greet me anymore.They know why I am there). I think BlackBerry will get back in the game and be a solid number three player in the smartphone market. They have an easy to use phone that also has lots of options to maximize performance for the individual consumer needs.

Good, better, best? That is up each person to decide what platform best meets their needs. Time and sales will tell it all for BlackBerry.
    04-27-13 11:02 AM
    You aren't a computer engineer specialized in security, all of them say android is insecure.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 11:10 AM
    Eh. I tried WP8 out at a local Microsoft store and I found it very hard to use. I loved the idea, and it looks and feels clean and modern - but for whatever reason it feels hard to use. I find my Z10 (although it's not as radical) much more usable.
    04-27-13 12:58 PM
    You aren't a computer engineer specialized in security, all of them say android is insecure.

Posted via CB10
    That couldn't be father from the truth. They don't give out fips 140-2 to devices that aren't secure.

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland and Drew808 like this.
    04-27-13 01:54 PM
    Double post
    04-27-13 01:56 PM
    That couldn't be father from the truth. They don't give out fips 140-2 to devices that aren't secure.

Posted via CB10
    Not unless you personally know them...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:49 PM
    Not unless you personally know them...

Posted via CB10
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-27-13 02:57 PM
    Actually I think WP and BB both have their cool part. I kinda see WP and BB both climbing the charts in the coming years.
    As they are both fighting for the 3rd spot, I would really like to see some kind of cooperation from them both and bump up both their reputation tho
    04-27-13 03:22 PM
    Dude. no matter how many features you put in it. it's not going to help market share grow any faster. it's all about marketing it properly and getting carriers on board.. BB10 may have a lot of features than Wp8. but it doesn't have the carrier's attention or popularity.

Sent using my Z10
    04-27-13 04:25 PM
51 123