My Blackberry Link has just updated to 1.0.1.33 Unfortunately, this has not resolved my main problem; Link still does not see my music in Windows Media Player (I use the Windows 8 default music folder). I was hoping it would give the option to point Link to the Music folder.

It has however stopped me linking with my Z10; it would seem that I need 10.1 installed on the Z10 to link with this version of Link. I have tried both wireless and USB, but Link does not see the Z10; although it was working fine before the update. The Remote Access option in Link states that 10.1 or higher is required.
    Hopefully the 10.1 update will arrive soon.
    Last edited by Saxacat; 04-26-13 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Typo
    04-26-13 03:40 AM
    You probably don't want to hear this, but Blackberry Link works great for me now with the new update. Gone is the slowness and constant freezes. I have Windows 7 64 Bit.
    grumpyaeroguy and tonytraj17 like this.
    04-26-13 04:31 AM
    I have the same issue of Link not seeing my music on WMP. It only sees 2 albums and nothing else. I also don't like that I can't tell Link where to place my music when I sync from BlackBerry to PC.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 04:35 AM
    You probably don't want to hear this, but Blackberry Link works great for me now with the new update. Gone is the slowness and constant freezes. I have Windows 7 64 Bit.
    Mine has always run quite well (Win 8 Pro 64Bit), just the problem with it not seeing any of my music.

I have now managed to get Link and the Z10 to again see each other (after a couple of reboots of both PC and Z10). Other than the Remote Access (which I cannot try as I don't yet have 10,1) not sure what else the Link update brings.
    04-26-13 05:20 AM
    Any new features noticed by anyone?
    04-26-13 06:43 AM
    My Blackberry Link has just updated to 1.0.1.33 Unfortunately, this has not resolved my main problem; Link still does not see my music in Windows Media Player (I use the Windows 8 default music folder). I was hoping it would give the option to point Link to the Music folder.

It has however stopped me linking with my Z10; it would seem that I need 10.1 installed on the Z10 to link with this version of Link. I have tried both wireless and USB, but Link does not see the Z10; although it was working fine before the update. The Remote Access option in Link states that 10.1 or higher is required.

Had this problem. Go to windows firewall and add BlackBerry Link.exe in the allow list.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:45 AM
    Any new features noticed by anyone?
    Well it has a file sharing feature that it says needs the phone to be on the next level of firmware. It seems to intimate that if your computer is on your files can be accessed from your phone anywhere on the internet which would be cool

Blackberry Link 1.0.1.33-clipboard01.jpg
    akavbb likes this.
    04-26-13 06:46 AM
    What i see is that the filesharing Option comes with 10.1 so that you can Access Files on your PC from your z10 ... But right now you can Access Files on your 10 from your PC!
    If your z10 is in your wifi network you can move or copy Files like pictures and Music right now...

You have to setup your Firewall and maybe the Internal settings on your Router to enable Full Access....
    04-26-13 07:03 AM
    BTW try to uninstall link and maybe older Versions of Desktop Manager... Reboot your PC and Download link again from blackberry.com make a fresh install....
    04-26-13 07:09 AM
    I can Finally back up and the thing is so fast now! Love it, still works to do but the most I need is there now

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:28 AM
    You can change the folders that media syncs to now, which is a nice addition.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    04-26-13 07:42 AM

same observation here...
    04-26-13 08:34 AM
    still hangs at OS updates. dammit.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:34 AM
    I keep crashing - - - sigh
    04-26-13 03:11 PM
    I keep crashing - - - sigh
    You PC or Link keeps crashing? I get Link up and running and then after I plug in the Z10 and Link gives me a windows error. After I wiped the phone, I tried a restore and now I have nothing. Well, at least the cellular part still works.
    04-27-13 02:37 AM
    I know it's no solace to you but I use windows 8 pro x64 with no music problems. Try removing the media library links in wmp then close and reopen wmp. Reinstall BlackBerry link as well.
    If

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 05:18 AM
    Had this problem. Go to windows firewall and add BlackBerry Link.exe in the allow list.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Vgorous, have tried that without success.
    04-28-13 11:07 AM

to make that Link see your music you need to open WMP and add some custom library in WMP then add you music to this library and then open Link without closing WMP

works for me on win8
    04-28-13 11:10 AM
    Heard the reload software option doesn't work in this release. I think that is the most important feature O.o

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:18 AM
    I have tried backing up my pictures through the new BlackBerry link, and it only backs up, taking ages, two photos out of 25. What do I do to fix this problem?

Posted to CB via Z 10
    04-28-13 12:52 PM
    to make that Link see your music you need to open WMP and add some custom library in WMP then add you music to this library and then open Link without closing WMP

works for me on win8
    Thanks for the suggestion; tried it but still no joy.

What is strange, is that on my laptop, which also has Win 8 Pro on it (albeit the 32bit version) Link does see some, of my music. I only have a few CDs on the laptop and Link can see 2 of them. I tried a sync of some tracks from the Z10 to my laptop and although all the tracks ended up on the laptop, Link couls only see 1 of them!!!

Guess I'll just drag and drop in Windows.
    04-29-13 02:04 AM