I sucked it up. Abandoned my 9930 and its clunky spacebar, and I'm tasting BB touchscreen again.

Unfortunately, the experience was dreadful.

I couldn't find it right away. I'll admit it was on display with a big banner on the wall above it, but it wasn't the first place to look. Strangely, older BlackBerry models were on a setup right when you walk in the door. The Z10 was hang'n out with a few Droids over in the corner.

So, great! There it is. Lets put it in my hands!

Uhhh.... no. It was strapped to a security cord. A plastic tie went all the way around the center of the damn thing. I eventually, after a few painfully failed attempts, was able to unlock the screen. Still didn't matter much though. If you want to actually put it in your hands and type, good luck. I'd be surprised if anyone was patient enough to unlock it in the first place.

This is not going to sell that phone to anyone to doesn't know they want it before they go into the store!

It seemed as though very few people actually have bought one. The sales associates had no experience activating the device! At one point, the lady had to go into the back room for nearly 10 minutes. The phone was set up when she came back.

On a positive note, I showed off the phone today with 2 friends who carry iphones. They were both impressed. I believe 1 of the 2 would actually switch to the Z10.

On a personal note, I'm loving the phone so far. I'm not thrilled with the battery life after day 1, but its day 1. I'm probably not efficient enough yet. I definitely miss the keyboard, but I felt this way when I switched from a Curve to the Storm 1 & 2.

I'm on the fence. I can suck up the $35 restocking fee, return the Z10, upgrade to the Q10 instead, plus the $50 difference = I'm out $85 bucks to end up with the Q10. Is it worth it? I have some time to decide...
    04-25-13 08:55 PM
    You should have a 14 day period to decide if you want to return it no?
    Check on that, play with it during the grace period and then decide.
    04-25-13 08:57 PM
    Correct. 14 days. I'm currently debating whether I buy a case for it...
    04-25-13 08:59 PM
    Battery life does get better. I was horribly disappointed during the first week or so but now the battery lasts. With all phones the battery life usually sucks at first due to the abnormal usage and the need for the battery to calibrate.
    deke09 likes this.
    04-26-13 10:16 AM