I know this question has been posted before (sort of) but it was almost 3 months ago and there wasn't really an answer.

Does anyone know if Bridge functionality will be either improved or brought back to where it was with the BB10 update? Being able to respond to BBMs, emails and SMS messages was a huge convenience while I was working on my PlayBook.
    04-25-13 06:53 AM
    I don't think so. 10.1 is mainly to get the q10 up and running

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:02 AM
    I can't even download bridge with my leaked os 10.1

Maybe it's updated with the official one, will wait and see

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:27 AM
    I don't think so. 10.1 is mainly to get the q10 up and running

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that 10.1 will solve any of the issues on its own but I'd be extremely disappointed if we don't get some kind of update dealing with them. My PlayBook use is down by about 50% and I'm back to using my laptop for most uses, I don't see the point of powering my PlayBook up a lot of times anymore now that a lot of the functions that made the PlayBook special and different are missing. I was hoping that someone would know if a Bridge update was coming with the 10.1
    04-25-13 07:34 AM
    I can't even download bridge with my leaked os 10.1

Maybe it's updated with the official one, will wait and see

Posted via CB10
    Hope so!
    04-25-13 07:36 AM
    I think you will need to see the 'BlackBerry Bridge' app updated to see any change in 'BlackBerry Bridge'

It isn't part of the OS, it is a separate app that you download from BlackBerry World

Yeah.. from the ZED on CB10
    04-25-13 07:39 AM
    I think you will need to see the 'BlackBerry Bridge' app updated to see any change in 'BlackBerry Bridge'

It isn't part of the OS, it is a separate app that you download from BlackBerry World

I appreciate that but as full functionality wasn't available on 10.0 I can only assume that the issue has something to do with the OS. I was hoping that perhaps improvements to 10.1 would allow functionality to be restored to Bridge.
    04-25-13 07:51 AM
    Or maybe the bridge Dev team is busy fixing / working on other things....?!

04-25-13 08:13 AM
    Or maybe the bridge Dev team is busy fixing / working on other things....?!
    That does seem likely when we consider the actual userbase of playbooks, BB cut a fair amount of head count a while back so it doesn't seem unreasonable that lower priority items liking further updating bridge are not going to get the highest priority over things that would help them to sell more bb10 handsets which are vastly more important than anything to do with playbook right now.
    drewread likes this.
    04-25-13 12:32 PM
    TBH I don't see the need of bridge apps anymore.. the Z10 is very fast in network connectivity and the PlayBook already has email and PIM built in as native apps.

Just share the Internet through bridge and operate the native apps and PIM like you would on wifi. The data on both sides obviously syncs.

I agree to BBM missing but let's wish for a native app rather than the limited bridge apps.

Posted via CB10 on BB10 on Z10 in Red Transform Shell
    04-25-13 01:27 PM
    TBH I don't see the need of bridge apps anymore.. the Z10 is very fast in network connectivity and the PlayBook already has email and PIM built in as native apps.

Just share the Internet through bridge and operate the native apps and PIM like you would on wifi. The data on both sides obviously syncs.

I agree to BBM missing but let's wish for a native app rather than the limited bridge apps.

Posted via CB10 on BB10 on Z10 in Red Transform Shell
    I liked being able to use my PlayBook to answer texts and bbm while my phone was on charge. I'd like to see that feature return, but after they've rolled out more fixes for BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    drewread likes this.
    04-25-13 01:29 PM
    Just got a tweet back from @BlackBerryHelp basically telling me to keep an eye on BB World for updates although they don't have any information if an upgrade to Bridge is coming or not.

The missing functions may not be a big deal to all but they are to me and, I'm sure, many others too. They were what made the PlayBook different from cookie cutter tablets and their absence are the cause of me relying less and less on my PlayBook for work.
    BerryWizard and JeepBB like this.
    04-25-13 01:47 PM
    Just got a tweet back from @BlackBerryHelp basically telling me to keep an eye on BB World for updates although they don't have any information if an upgrade to Bridge is coming or not.

The missing functions may not be a big deal to all but they are to me and, I'm sure, many others too. They were what made the PlayBook different from cookie cutter tablets and their absence are the cause of me relying less and less on my PlayBook for work.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved my bridge functionality.. I just understand that they are busy bailing buckets of water out of more profitable areas of the company in an attempt to right the sinking ship. Look at the number of playbooks sold and do the math.

Bridge will be updated, by only after other bb10 functionality is rounded out. makes good sense from a business standpoint.

04-25-13 09:03 PM
    waiting on a 10" PlayBook

Via CB *BBZTEN*
    04-25-13 09:12 PM

Thanks to follow up for us. They can't obviously not give too much info but it sounds promising to me

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:59 AM
    Thanks to follow up for us. They can't obviously not give too much info but it sounds promising to me

Posted via CB10
    I got a Bridge update this morning... just about to pull out my playbook and check it out.

Update: I don't see any functional change, no added features. I suspect just some minor changes to welcome the Q10 into the fold.
    04-26-13 07:39 AM
    10.1 and Q10 upgrades, nothing useful

04-26-13 07:55 AM
    With latest leak of the z10 i can now download the bridge app but nothing new here ( PlayBook is at latest version too)

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 04:45 AM
    Does anyone know when/if a Rroyy version for AT&T people will be coming out soon? The bridge has lost a significant amount of usage for those on AT&T without Rroyy... (We need you!!!!)
    05-02-13 11:08 PM