I understand business people would like Skype for work reasons but what about people who don't use it for work?
    I know more people on Skype than on BBM so I know I won't need/use BBM as much.

Thoughts please

Posted with my precious
    04-25-13 05:57 AM
    I understand business people would like Skype for work reasons but what about people who don't use it for work?

Thoughts please

Posted with my precious
    Yuo gotta be kidding , I have 78 contacts on my BBM and all are happy that we can call or video chat, so your comments are invalid .
    stevepar and IqWaN like this.
    04-25-13 06:00 AM
    Not at all. Different uses.
    NightSlayer likes this.
    04-25-13 06:02 AM
    Comments arnt invalid at all! Where do you guys cone from?

Posted with my precious
    pels_17 likes this.
    04-25-13 06:04 AM

Thoughts please

Posted with my precious
    Depends on the use case scenario. Those who use Skype a lot will well, use Skype. Your answer is pretty much in your question, lol. "I know more people on Skype than on BBM so I know I won't need/use BBM as much."
    04-25-13 06:07 AM
    No that's just my opinion I wondering what the rest of the people think

Lots of new BlackBerry owners with z10 straight from iphone or Android who might have lots of Skype contacts vs long time BlackBerry users who might have pre-z10 Bbm contacts

Posted with my precious
    04-25-13 06:12 AM
    As long as blackberry markets their new devices with BBM along side then no Skype Imo will not replace BBM.
    IqWaN likes this.
    04-25-13 06:16 AM
    BBM when I can. Skype when I have too.

#postedwithaz10
    04-25-13 06:20 AM
    Do Skype video calls cost money?

BBM calls/video calls are free over wifi.
    04-25-13 06:28 AM
    No that's just my opinion I wondering what the rest of the people think

Lots of new BlackBerry owners with z10 straight from iphone or Android who might have lots of Skype contacts vs long time BlackBerry users who might have pre-z10 Bbm contacts

Posted with my precious
    That doesn't in any way change what I said, lol. It's still a use case thing. People coming from iOS or Android may not have ever used BBM, in which case, they're more likely to use Skype as they may have done on iOS or Android. BBM isn't gonna die just because Skype has arrived, I use Skype daily but I have no intent on using on my BlackBerry if I don't have to. It would just be another way for me to get yelled at lol.
    Kris Simundson and Spawn12 like this.
    04-25-13 06:31 AM
    The more people who buy BlackBerry devices because it has Skype, the more will have BBM available to use. Win for BlackBerry. If I have the option between the two I would rather use BBM over Skype. From my experience, BBM on my phone and PlayBook is a better experience than Skype on my PC for both messaging and video chat. The only thing skype brings is cross platform capability.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, Vorkosigan, Easy-G and 3 others like this.
    04-25-13 06:33 AM
    When BlackBerry 10 becomes viral, BBM will outgrow Skype. Guaranteed.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:49 AM
    Everyone uses BBM in UAE, won't give it up anytime soon...

Posted vai CB10 - STL 100-01
    04-25-13 06:51 AM
    Skype is an option..just like whatsapp is an option. Depending on your situation you now have the option to use Skype. Its really not a replacement to bbm. BBM is my go to for communication and if that isn't possible now I have other options..that's pretty much it
    04-25-13 06:53 AM
    Comments arnt invalid at all! Where do you guys cone from?

Posted with my precious
    Where do I cone from? Wow that's a loaded question.

You'll need a chair and coffee for that saga.

I use both, on different settings and for different reasons. Not mutually exclusive at all. There are times, like at work when I'm surrounded by people, where I would not use Skype. At home where I've got privacy, I would use Skype.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:28 AM
    Never used Skype and probably never will, my family have blackberry phones z10 s and others along with play books. Z10 to these units is simply fantastic and I've done it from all over the world.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:39 AM
    No way. They are both different for different uses...
    I have over 60 contacts on BBM and love the way it communicates. Also use Whatsapp for those that don't have BlackBerries.
    Skype would be secondary choice for me for the occasional phone call I would need to make to my peeps overseas that don't have BB's
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-25-13 07:46 AM
    Skype's presence will make BB10 phones comparable to the leaders and will now offer two products that do pretty much the same thing. iPhone and Android users who make the switch now have a place to hang their Skype connections. This will now come down to application product competition. This is good for Blackberry as a whole.

Users have their preferences just like the host of applications in BB World, Gplay and iTunes and will chose what they want. The best thing here is that now that BB has it, that's a battle that BB has won. Choice is good.

Go BB!
    04-25-13 07:46 AM
    BBM won't die because I don't even use Skype and I don't care to use it.

Posted via CB10
    IqWaN and nico2004 like this.
    04-25-13 07:47 AM

Thoughts please

Posted with my precious
    Easy. Nope. I use BBM far more than I would Skype. In fact, I don't really get what the big fuss is about Skype on BB10. I, for one, doubt I'll even bother installing it. I understand the attraction if you have family and friends out of town that you want to talk to daily, but if that was the case for me, I'd rather be sitting quietly for that anyway. I don't ever really want to video conference over a cell phone.

Maybe it's just me, though.
    04-25-13 08:58 AM
    Not dead just yet but chewed through just like with whatsapp, wechat, line, etc. BBM isnt a major selling point anymore.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:03 AM
    BBM offers much more capability and better performance (from what we've seen to date) than Skype. I think Whatsapp has little reason to exist if Skype is available on the same platforms. Skype offers the same features as Whatsapp plus much more. And Skype does not necessarily require you to expose your phone number.
    04-25-13 09:10 AM
    Not dead just yet but chewed through just like with whatsapp, wechat, line, etc. BBM isnt a major selling point anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Thats where your wrong, for Blackberry it is a major selling point whether you agree or not.
    brout and SDTRMG like this.
    04-25-13 09:18 AM
    Which has better security? Which is easier to hack into?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:21 AM
    I was gobsmacked at nico's 78bnm contacts. How many did you have a few years ago when BlackBerry ruled. For me Skype is available for 175 contacts and bbm 15. Guess which one I will use more. And Skype isn't just a video conference app. Personally I use it more for voice only as video is often sketchy unless you have vert good Internet which we don't.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:22 AM
43 12