View Poll Results: Do you protect the body of your Blackberry?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 80.52%
  • No

15 19.48%
    When you have your Blackberry in your hand, do you have some sort of covering that protects the body of the Blackberry?

This can be anything from a hard case, soft case, silicone case, some clear covering, or anything that protects the Blackberrys body when it's in your hand. I'm not really considering a side holster as a case, as it's only protected when its on your side.

Feel free to drop the name of the one you use, but I'd rather not have this turn into a "Which case" debate

Okay I'll start... Yes, I have a case! (specifically seidio)

(i tried looking for a poll on this topic but couldn't find one, so sorry if its a repost)
    10-07-08 01:22 PM
    When you have your Blackberry in your hand, do you have some sort of covering that protects the body of the Blackberry?

This can be anything from a hard case, soft case, silicone case, some clear covering, or anything that protects the Blackberrys body when it's in your hand. I'm not really considering a side holster as a case, as it's only protected when its on your side.

Feel free to drop the name of the one you use, but I'd rather not have this turn into a "Which case" debate

Okay I'll start... Yes, I have a case! (specifically seidio)

(i tried looking for a poll on this topic but couldn't find one, so sorry if its a repost)
    I have a silicone case (black) on my black BlackBerry Pearl. It works well. Plus when I'm driving I can put my phone on my center console and not have to worry about it flying all over my truck. Plus helps me keep a firm grip while holding it or placing it on my shoulder to talk. I would definitely suggest getting one. Will probably have to replace mine soon, though, the case has a small tear in it by my mute button, that will eventually tear through to my camera lens and flash. Only 9.99 at T-Mobile though. Can probably get them for cheaper on EBay or something.

My 2 cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 01:42 PM
    Yes I do.

Otterbox

10-07-08 01:46 PM
    *~*Yep...I've got a magenta skin on my PinkBerry (will post pics soon)...I love that it helps me keep a grip on it when I have it in my hand, and it keeps my berry well protected. Another site that has the silicone cases for cheap is Amazon.com. HTH!!*~*

Last edited by PinkBerryPrincess; 10-07-08 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Edited to add pics...
    10-07-08 01:46 PM
    My BB is unfettered by skins. I just keep mine in my holster until I am ready to use it. No problems so of yet.

10-07-08 01:50 PM
    Otterbox and Body Glove cases. Depending on my mood. Sometimes mine goes naked. But,yes, all bodies are worth protecting.
    10-07-08 01:52 PM
    I use a BSE Skin from BestSkinsever.com and also alternate between the white OEM skin and the leather pouch that comes with the curve. This is for my perosnal berry.

My work berry just gets a OEM holster and that's it. That'll teach it a lesson for making me do work!
    10-07-08 02:08 PM
    Right after I got my Pearl 8130, I bought a Case Logic side pouch with magnetic flap and it fit and worked very well. However, I was bugged with all the fingerprints I was getting on the phone from taking it in and out of the case. Plus, I didn't like the idea of the device being completely unprotected.

I learned the consequences of that last statement after I dropped my Pearl just a few inches onto some concrete. The finish on the Pearl, I can attest, is VERY fragile.

After that happened, I bought some RIM OEM skins and found them to be a very nice solution to (a) protect the device and (b) conceal the damage I had already done. But...I lost the ability to use the case I bought because it won't slide in anymore. For a short time I have been carrying the phone in my pocket, but I don't like that at all, especially if I'm wearing jeans. It's uncomfortable and the skins pick up lint more than I would like.

So a couple of days ago I ordered a Seidio Innocase Holster (or "skin-on holster") so I can keep the skin and carry the Pearl outside my pocket. I've heard many good things about this combo and am looking forward to trying it out. I'm pretty confident, though, that this will be the ideal carrying solution.

But, to make a long story short (too late) I am a skin guy now and won't go back to carrying the Pearl naked.
    10-07-08 02:15 PM
    I keep my baby naked. I have often thought about a case but have yet to find one I like.
    10-07-08 02:18 PM
    Silicone skin.
    10-07-08 02:20 PM
    Orange silicone skin and 50 SPF sunblock.
    10-07-08 02:25 PM
    Bodyguardz skin and aftermarket leather holster.
    10-07-08 02:27 PM
    I have a bse on the screen, a silicone skin, and a seidio holster.

10-07-08 02:32 PM
    Naked all the way

10-07-08 02:34 PM
    Can probably get them for cheaper on EBay or something.
    Actually Amazon is the place to go. I found a three-skin package, and if you can live with black, semi-clear white and royal blue, you can get 'em for about $15 shipped, or five bucks a piece.
    10-07-08 02:37 PM
    BSE. It greatly improves the resale value.
    10-07-08 02:42 PM
    I use a BSE!
    10-07-08 02:59 PM
    i have a black skin and i use it for protection occasionally but i much prefer the way a naked curve looks and feels in my hand.
    10-07-08 03:16 PM
    I keep mine naked
    10-07-08 03:55 PM
    Silicone Skin.

I also have the "Best Skin Ever" type thing, but I haven't put it on yet.
    10-07-08 04:01 PM
    Casemate holds my berry nice and tight.
    10-07-08 04:18 PM
    I am lazy and never got a skin......it's getting kind of beat up by now.....
    10-07-08 04:23 PM
    Naked....but I did buy one of the Seidio rubberized battery door covers. That seemed to be where the most wear occured on my 8830 and I don't want the battery door on my Curve lookin like junk! So I replaced it...
    10-07-08 04:23 PM
    *~*Yep...I've got a magenta skin on my PinkBerry (will post pics soon)...I love that it helps me keep a grip on it when I have it in my hand, and it keeps my berry well protected. Another site that has the silicone cases for cheap is Amazon.com. HTH!!*~*

May I ask where you got your all black keypad and if its available for the Pearl?

By the way, I have my BB naked. I've got around 100 scratches on it. Maybe a case would be useful.

10-07-08 04:30 PM
    Bse Ftw! .
    10-07-08 04:39 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD