Hello Team,

I have been a very active reader on the forums and have loved my Z10 since the 5th of February. The reason for my post is this: about a month ago my picture messaging has been off and on, but mostly off. Please read below for what I have done to try and fix it but to no avail.

When it first started happening, picture messaging would stop working, leaving me with the wireless icon saying it was trying to send. Eventually I would either get a red x or general problems message (in red). At that same time I could send a "text" text with no issues. I understand that the data connection is being used for picture messaging, so I verified that I still at the 4GLTE data button indicator on the Z10. So... I phoned Bell and they got me to reboot the phone with a battery pull. That fixed it. For roughly a day, then it happened again. I call back they say that I need a new SIM card, I go get a new SIM. Worked for a bit, then it doesn't. They tell me it is my wireless. I disconnect from wireless and it works, occasionally, not all the time. Scenarios that I tried to get to work but couldn't... eventually leading them to call BlackBerry on my behalf...

1) Wifi on, connected, data services turned on as well. Can't receive or send.
    2) wifi on, not connected, data services on. Can't receive or send.
    3) wifi off, not connected, data on. Can't send or receive.
    4) wifi on, connected. Data off. Can't send or receive (Z10 doesn't receive pictures over wifi, you must have data turned on to go through MMS network).
    5) Finally, I checked with Bell to see if there was some sort of APN setting I was missing. NO.

At this point I am about ready to pull my hair out... still not having reliable picture messaging. I search the forums and find that it might be particular apps that are causing the problem (as I can't back up my Z10 either, so I remove all apps such as PC recipe box).... no luck. I completely security wiped the Z10, worked for about a week and then bam, no picture messaging. What is going on.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...78/index3.html
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ing-up-796596/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-fixed-771795/
    Back up did not complete :-( - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

All this time I have had full persistent data connection (as whatsapp is working just fine)...

The last thing that I did with Blackberry themselves was switch the mobile network from LTE to HSPA+ (I don't have a 2G option through Bell), and then back to LTE and I got some pictures that were sent a while ago to me!! Great! So now I know how to fix the problem without going with a battery pull..

Anyone know why I can't simply have persistent picture messaging without having to switch from LTE to HSPA+ back to LTE? What is getting stuck?.. Blackberry tells me there is no problem with picture messaging with the current build through Bell... I am on the latest OS through Bell as well.

-- Below is the correspondence via email with BlackBerry. I have truly done and talked with everyone I can think of... ideas?

-----

Hello Erik,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. It has been a pleasure to work on this issue with you regarding sending or receiving pictures via BBM or MMS.

Our records indicate that you have an incident open with us that has not been resolved, INC000026389085. To discuss this incident further, you may call us at any of the telephone numbers listed below. To ensure efficient direction of your call, please have your Service Request number ready as you will be asked to enter it into the system. Your Service Request number is INC000026389085. If you prefer, you may also reply to this email to contact us.

If we do not hear from you in the next three business days we will proceed with closing this request. Should you require further assistance with this incident, please contact us with your Service Request number using any of the telephone numbers listed below.

Thank you again for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. Have a great day, Erik.

Sincerely,

Corey

(this is where I thought I solved the problem)

Hello Team,

I have discovered why I am having issues with my picture messaging. Now, I can't be entirely correct but due to all my troubleshooting it is currently working now. I will detail exactly what was done on my end to try and rectify the issue and what I believe was the final solution.

I was having problems with picture messaging whereby it would not go through, either sending or receiving. Didn't seem to matter if I was connected to wifi, 4g, of with wifi only and data services as well as the mobile network turned off. Clearly I was getting very frustrated and didn't know why this was causing the problem.

Scenarios:

1) Wifi on, connected, data services turned on as well. Can't receive or send.
    2) wifi on, not connected, data services on. Can't receive or send.
    3) wifi off, not connected, data on. Can't send or receive.
    4) wifi on, connected. Data off. Can't send or receive (Z10 doesn't receive pictures over wifi, you must have data turned on to go through MMS network).
    5) Finally, I checked with Bell to see if there was some sort of APN setting I was missing. NO.

As you can see I tried just about every combination of events that I could possibly think about. Finally I did a security wipe based on the fact that you agreed with me saying it sounds like OS issues, even though my build number through Bell has not reported issues. Nothing.

Security wiped the device, lost a quarter of my contacts due to some not being transferred to SIM. I also couldn't complete a back up because it wouldn't connect with the BlackBerry Link software, back up failed.... More on that later. Despite it all I got the phone reconfigured and downloaded and installed all Free apps in the BB world. It worked for about half a day, I was excited. Then it failed.

I work in IT as a network technician so I was very frustrated that I couldn't get this device to work.

Turns out that there are certain applications that have been approved by BlackBerry that are in the World which are causing very strange issues, one of which, is picture messaging. Please see below for evidence gathered and/or reported by customers.

1) One answer says there has been reports about picture messaging and how it will be fixed in the 10.1 update, however, that didn't apply to me. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...em-z10-771221/

"I just called and left you a voice mail regarding the MMS issue on your Z10 device. The seniors have reproduced it and the issue is going to be resolved in a future software update of 10.1. I do not have a release date for the software release but I would expect to see it around the time the Q10 comes out."

2) As mentioned, I believe that some apps are causing issues with picture messaging and the inability to back up the z10. One of which is World of Goo, and the other is PC Recipe box.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...78/index3.html
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ing-up-796596/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-fixed-771795/
    Back up did not complete :-( - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Basically at the end of the day it was neither my phone nor my OS version. BB said I should get a new phone, however, my carrier Bell said that it was past the thirty day return policy. I would be stuck without my phone for five weeks and given a lowly flip phone as a loaner for $100! Needless to say I didn't want to do that so I persisted and found a solution that has worked for me.

Certain apps in the BB world are preventing users from a) backing up their Z10 and b) performing basic functions such as picture messaging.

I am not sure what the possibility is, however, due to all my own troubleshooting and suggestions from Bell and BlackBerry yourselves, I have lost two applications that were free in the world for a limited time. Now that they are not free, however, I can't redownload them and install them on my Z10. They were Nova 3 and Mobile Max security. Is there a chance that you could issue me a voucher so that I can download these applications and have them both on my phone and in my world again? I appreciate your help, obviously, however, I had to go through all this for nothing in the end result. That's how IT works, I know, but it would be nice to have these applications back.

Please let me know if this troubleshooting and solution has been helpful to you guys and if you would like more feedback and to talk with me, feel free to phone me or email me back.

Regards,

Erik

His reply:

Hello Erik,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. It has been a pleasure to work on this issue with you regarding sending and receiving pictures via BBM and MMS.

I would like to thank you for providing all the steps that you performed in troubleshooting the issue and your understanding with troubleshooting technical issues. In addition I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the situation has caused you, especially in regards to losing contact information due to not being able to backup your device.

The application that you mentioned such as PC Recipes and World of Goo, did you have these applications or do you believe it was another application that caused the issue?

In regards to the following two applications Nova 3 and Mobile Max security, I am not able to provide any vouchers; however I do have another options that may be agreeable to you. In regards to this option I would like to speak to you about it over the phone. If you could provide a time range that you are available and a contact number I will call you about it.

I will pend this case till Monday at which time a follow-up email will be sent to you unless we hear from you before this time.

If you would like to discuss this further, you may call us at any of the telephone numbers listed below. To ensure an efficient direction of your call, please have your Service Request number ready as you will be asked to enter it into the system. Your Service Request number is INC000026389085. If you prefer, you may also reply directly to this email to contact us.

Thanks again for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. Have a great day, Erik.

Sincerely,

Corey

---

The rest of the conversations that I had were either on the phone with Bell or BlackBerry themselves. BlackBerry even said OK he should get a new phone but it is past the thirty day RMA period and the 14 day Buyers' remorse.. So I can't without sending it in for "repair". Even a repair won't cut it.. something in the OS is causing this glitch, can anyone shed light on this situation? I have scoured the forums, Google, Bell, and BlackBerry reps know me by voice, lol.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys, sorry the poorly organized post....
    04-24-13 11:41 AM
    Just bumping this thread.
    04-24-13 12:34 PM
    I'm with Bell as well and have the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:19 PM