Engadget

Haven't read it yet but through it in picket for my commute. I'm really looking forward to this after finally getting a chance to mess with the Z10 today.
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-23-13 10:29 PM
    They seem disappointed. The average battery life and the price are a surprise to me (not a good kind).
    Oh well, I guess I'll wait for the bb competitor to the Note 2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-23-13 10:54 PM
    The general consensus from the reviews I've read (excluding Crackberry's) is that the Q10 is for people who want a physical keyboard and are willing to sacrifice screen estate for that. What I find interesting is that some reviewers (like Tim Stevens from Engadget) are saying they enjoy the Z10 typing experience more.
    04-23-13 11:07 PM
    I was surprised by the keyboard part and expected better from the battery. Still can't wait to see one in person though.
    04-23-13 11:28 PM
    I hate to say it, but I did read BGR's review of the Q10 even though all their crap is the most bias stuff i have ever read, they did say that the battery life was very good as did CrackBerry. So idk what these other people are saying and how could it not have stellar battery life with that smaller OLED screen and a 2100 mAh battery. Impossible I say. Regardless of these reviews I will be picking one up whenever VZW releases it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Hit me up - 32FCEF27
    Suhailone likes this.
    04-23-13 11:37 PM
    i get the feeling engadget likes z10 more than the Q

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:50 PM
    "...we'd prefer a physical keyboard to peck at than a piece of glass to smudge, but here we'd choose the Z10 just for that larger display."

What?!!
    04-24-13 12:13 AM
    This is the relevant quote, which is testament as to how well the Z10 keyboard and predictive text works.

In nearly every situation, we were quicker entering text on the virtual keys of the Z10 than the physical ones of the Q10. The exception? Email addresses and passwords. Getting to special characters is far less cumbersome when they're all right there on the keys.
    04-24-13 12:23 AM
    While I'm not saying this to be the case here, just keep in mind that Engadget is notorious for being an apple fan boy. They dis other platforms with a sense of authority and have a mark of high-handedness in their reviews.

Take them with a pinch of salt. Just my opinion.

I personally will wait for more reviews or even better play with a Q10 before passing judgement.
    04-24-13 12:36 AM
    "...we'd prefer a physical keyboard to peck at than a piece of glass to smudge, but here we'd choose the Z10 just for that larger display."

What?!!
    Same thing I'm thinking... LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:41 AM

What?!!

My first impression exactly. But I could let that go - It could simply mean "Usually we prefer physical keyboards, but in this case (insinuation: the Kb is so bad) we'd rather go for a full touch screen".

Eitherways you look at it, it feels biased - Calling arguably (no personal experience yet) the best kb in the industry sub par to "his usual" kbs! lol
    04-24-13 12:54 AM
    The general consensus from the reviews I've read (excluding Crackberry's) is that the Q10 is for people who want a physical keyboard and are willing to sacrifice screen estate for that. What I find interesting is that some reviewers (like Tim Stevens from Engadget) are saying they enjoy the Z10 typing experience more.
    i am not surprised by that. although i know my 9930 has a smaller keyboard, my typing speed on my Z10 is insane. and the flick ability is nothing to sneeze at now that i am starting to get used to it. i do, however, absolutely love that quintessential BlackBerry form factor. i am actually going to annoy everyone at my local Verizon store for about 2 weeks by hogging the Q10 they have on display. i will be looking to see if i can live with the loss of screen real estate and the Z10 software keyboard. i'm back in love with BlackBerry, i just don't know which one i want to settle in on
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-24-13 01:48 AM
    I think it was a fair review overall. Preferential touch screen vs physical keyboard arguments aside, they hit a number of worry points. The tiny bezel between the keyboard and screen can make exiting apps tricky, or at least not quite perfect. It's not the kind of in depth review you get on CrackBerry where keyboard shortcuts, type and go, the defining functional characteristics of the phone are discussed in detail. I think that other blogs forget sometimes that a BlackBerry keyboard isn't just for typing.

I think it's safe to say that the Q10 will be a hard sell for mainstream smartphone buyers, but it serves its target market - the loyalists who use physical keys to their maximum potential.
    m0de25 likes this.
    04-24-13 06:22 AM
    If they like the Zed10 keyboard more then that shows their bias towards a touch screen handset, that's not really helping those that know they prefer a physical keyboard #73millioncustomers

It's sad how they inflict their bias on unwitting people who 'rely' on there every word!

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-24-13 06:27 AM
    While I'm not saying this to be the case here, just keep in mind that Engadget is notorious for being an apple fan boy. They dis other platforms with a sense of authority and have a mark of high-handedness in their reviews.

Take them with a pinch of salt. Just my opinion.

I personally will wait for more reviews or even better play with a Q10 before passing judgement.
    I have a feeling every review that does not declare the Q10 "is the greatest thing since sliced bread", will be labeled with the old "bias" tag.
    04-24-13 07:43 AM
    He gives a much better review than BGR did.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:01 AM
    What about the display, so many reviews mentioned that the display is a "Lower End" amoled....???

Is this really true?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:02 AM
    i get the feeling engadget likes z10 more than the Q

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but they aren't diehard BB keyboard users. Only an ***** would buy a Q10 and be disappointed by the smaller screen. Overall the review is way more balanced than that on BGR, much more information is presented, and way more useful.
    04-24-13 08:30 AM
    Engadget: "In nearly every situation, we were quicker entering text on the virtual keys of the Z10 than the physical ones of the Q10." Interesting, this was my experience when the original iPhone came out as well.
    04-24-13 08:34 AM
    I'd have thought the only case for bringing out the Q10 was for people wanting to move from an older keyboard model.

However, with the ommision of the trackpad, the target consumer is gonna have to learn a whole new way of using the device any way so they may as well just buy the z10 imho.
    04-24-13 08:38 AM
    If they like the Zed10 keyboard more then that shows their bias towards a touch screen handset, that's not really helping those that know they prefer a physical keyboard #73millioncustomers

It's sad how they inflict their bias on unwitting people who 'rely' on there every word!

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    Or maybe the Z10 keyboard is just plain better?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-13 08:40 AM
    Engadget: "In nearly every situation, we were quicker entering text on the virtual keys of the Z10 than the physical ones of the Q10." Interesting, this was my experience when the original iPhone came out as well.
    Orange keyboard been dead they peaked get over it.

This is bull unless you really fast navigator and typist on a Z.Considering on the Q is couple steps faster.From anywhere you can just type email,text,bbm ''steve'' and just type away how can entering text be faster.

I really do not take reviews serious nothing beats your own research and hands on down at the store.
    anon(3993749) likes this.
    04-24-13 08:55 AM
    I was surprised by the keyboard part and expected better from the battery. Still can't wait to see one in person though.
    Same here. I was expecting the battery life to last a week or so with normal use. Lol.

Oh well. Shame. This, together with the other thread saying the price will be $250 on contract basically closed the door for me.

One thing i learnt from rim : Never be an early adopter for bbry products. They burned me too many times

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    redantz likes this.
    04-24-13 09:12 AM
    I'd have thought the only case for bringing out the Q10 was for people wanting to move from an older keyboard model.

However, with the ommission of the trackpad, the target consumer is gonna have to learn a whole new way of using the device any way so they may as well just buy the z10 imho.
    So you would prefer the 9900 with a new OS over the Q10 with it's 30% larger screen area ? The trackpad is something I use occasionally but the KB I use all the time. Yes, overtime on the Z10 - Q10 you will get used to no trackpad and you will learn to type on the Z10. I know that I can cut and paste really well on my 9900 but I am a terrible typist on a Z10. I see folks all the time on their Iphones typing at speeds that I could never hope to achieve. This is why I know that the QWERTY devices will always have a market but the market is not large by comparison to those who prefer the full touch phones.

I would have preferred that BB had kept both the trackpad and offered a bigger screen as a unique BB advantage.
    04-24-13 09:21 AM
    Ahh...when I was about to buy Z10 i was sure that decision wont be disappointing to me! Love the new Z10. I love the keyboard!
    04-24-13 09:25 AM
71 123