Whatsapp is pretty much the only app I need in order to try a Z10.

I'm curious about living with the app on a day to day basis. I switch platforms pretty frequently and while whatsapp is present on all, the experience ranges from excellent (iOS, Android) to sufficient (Symbian) to poor (WP8). What is the current status of Whatsapp on BB10?

Are there any particular feature misses from Android/iOS or pain points I need to be aware of?

Specifically,

1. Scrolling back to top in a long chat conversation, How fast do conversations load?

2. Can you view the time when contacts last updated their status? (This is not available on Android but is on Symbian)

3. Can you view and download large contact profile pics?

4. Chat history emailing?

5. Search within chat?

Thanks

Whatsapp is the only app I need but its pretty crucial that it works very well since it is the BBM for me (this part of world, BBM is dead and that's not something I can change since communication platforms are defined by friend circle and not on my personal preference)
    Last edited by ah06; 04-23-13 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Trimmed down questions :)
    04-23-13 06:58 PM
    Hey it has all the features you listed. Scrolling to the top it automatically loads the conversation. Also the emoji's are built in. There is push notifications as well. Every feature but searching within a conversation is there. What I do personally is send the conversation to myself and then open it up using word to go and search that way.

Posted via CB10
    ah06 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:15 PM
    Are you sure you can view the time when contacts last updated their status? This feature is only on Symbian I think (I really don't know why but the Symbian version strangely seems to have the most features)
    04-23-13 07:46 PM
    Are you sure you can view the time when contacts last updated their status? This feature is only on Symbian I think (I really don't know why but the Symbian version strangely seems to have the most features)
    I'm sorry I misinformed you there. I was thinking of WhatsApp on the legacy BBOS I remember it had it there. On the BlackBerry 10 devices that feature isn't here yet. You can just see them no time stamp on status updates.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:13 AM