I am hoping 10.1 will bring the active sync back that I have enjoyed with my past BB's. I need to sync with my desktop outlook.

Now let me go deeper, I have tried Outlook 365, in fact 2 versions and both do not work well for me, it will not sync mail or contacts. Yes I have worked with both Microsoft and Rogers tech support, still no good. I will not sync with Google (which does work) or any other free service, just a personal preference. I don't think they are as secure.

But I will say the phone rocks other than this one major issue. But it is a deal breaker for me Blackberry, as I stood beside my sister and watched her sync her new iPhone with her iPad in no time.
    04-22-13 12:23 PM
    Mine syncs with Outlook. Maybe it isn't set up correctly?
    duckduke likes this.
    04-22-13 12:30 PM
    Are you talking Outlook desktop or 365?

I am talking desktop.
    04-22-13 12:31 PM
    I am hoping 10.1 will bring the active sync back that I have enjoyed with my past BB's. I need to sync with my desktop outlook.

Now let me go deeper, I have tried Outlook 365, in fact 2 versions and both do not work well for me, it will not sync mail or contacts. Yes I have worked with both Microsoft and Rogers tech support, still no good. I will not sync with Google (which does work) or any other free service, just a personal preference. I don't think they are as secure.

But I will say the phone rocks other than this one major issue. But it is a deal breaker for me Blackberry, as I stood beside my sister and watched her sync her new iPhone with her iPad in no time.
    Desktop Sync with Outlook or any other mail client is a function of the desktop software (BlackBerry Desktop or in the case of the BB10 BlackBerry Link) not the device. Iproducts sync through iTunes. BlackBerry Link will sync your Outlook Contacts and Calendar. It does not allow for daily email sync. That function is handled by the device now. Active Sync is not the same as OutLook sync. Active Sync is part of MS Exchange 2003+ and is indeed supported by BB10.
    04-22-13 12:33 PM
    I do not see where BB link with do a 2 way sync, it is one way and my contact list is a mess because of it.
    04-22-13 12:42 PM
    I do not see where BB link with do a 2 way sync, it is one way and my contact list is a mess because of it.
    It's easy to set up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ou-can-770009/

For simplicity sake, I created a new Outlook.com address that does NOTHING but handle my syncing duties. Works like a charm
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-22-13 12:47 PM
    Again I have had 2 different Outlook accounts, none seem to work. I spent hours hours on the phone the other day with Microsoft tech support only to have the guy in India tell me it will not work with my phone, when I can sync with both Google and Yahoo accounts. Again I am not going there.

Plus I have no intention of paying more for a service I use to get or can get with another brand. .
    04-22-13 01:00 PM
    @OP~
    Did you hit the link the other poster provided? I am synced with desktop. Mine works. I did have to configure some things and make sure contacts and calendar were set to sync.
    04-22-13 01:03 PM
    Again I have had 2 different Outlook accounts, none seem to work. I spent hours hours on the phone the other day with Microsoft tech support only to have the guy in India tell me it will not work with my phone, when I can sync with both Google and Yahoo accounts. Again I am not going there.

Plus I have no intention of paying more for a service I use to get or can get with another brand. .
    Why are you paying for an outlook . com account?
    Also is sync contacts on in the setting menu or is it syncing to the cloud but then your outlook on your desktop can't retrieve it?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:06 PM
    I will follow the link and I will try one more time!
    04-22-13 01:08 PM
    As I stated before it does not work properly. Contacts synced over to new active sync in my BB10 from desktop Outlook, but when I change contact in Outlook desktop info goes to Outlook online but it does not change on BB.

Calendar only works from Outlook online to BB, no other direction including to Outlook desktop.

Gonna try from my laptop today to eliminate any issues with desktop.
    04-23-13 07:50 AM
    BlackBerry link does not snyc outlook calendar and contacts. Only does import
    04-23-13 07:09 PM
    Amen to that. Absolutely shocked RIM did not at least duplicate blackberry desktop in blackberry link - forget enhancements.
    04-23-13 07:11 PM
    Definitely need to fix the sync with Outlook Desktop

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:15 PM
    Maybe I am not understanding but I just created 2 events on my Z10 calendar and then signed onto my Outlook and the events are there. I feel synced.
    And when I add a contact on either the phone or the desktop, it appears on both but I always sync my data.
    Seems to work on my Outlook for me.
    04-23-13 07:19 PM
    OP is correct. It does not work 2 way as it did in the past. And I find that the worst of this release. They came out with an update the allows us to download calendar and contacts one way to the device. That's of no help to people that for years have plugged a wire into their computer and synced their device. Outlook.com is not the same and not an adequate replacement for many.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:27 PM
    OP has a very valid issue. Syncing with Outlook desktop client without the need to configure an online version is what is preventing most of my BlackBerry clients from upgrading to a Z10/Q10.

There are quite a few small business owners that don't want their info " in the cloud ".

Myself, I have an internal Exchange Server so I am lucky and my Sync is great ( except for the 30 day limit) .

Posted from my Z10 in the CB10 app
    04-23-13 07:36 PM
    I would like this feature as well. I have 5 email accounts (3 Gmail 2 go daddy) and would like to sync with outlook desktop which is managing it all.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:59 PM
    it's not an os thing - it's a BB Link thing.
    04-23-13 09:39 PM
    I would like this feature as well. I have 5 email accounts (3 Gmail 2 go daddy) and would like to sync with outlook desktop which is managing it all.

Posted via CB10
    That part doesn't really matter. Whether its the OS or Link Z it still came from BlackBerry and Link was released in support of OS10 specifically and initially, the Z10 so at the very least, it IS a BlackBerry issue.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:01 AM
    it's not an os thing - it's a BB Link thing.
    Sorry my last post had the wrong quoted message.

That part doesn't really matter. Whether its the OS or Link Z it still came from BlackBerry and Link was released in support of OS10 specifically and initially, the Z10 so at the very least, it IS a BlackBerry issue.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:05 AM
    Outlook sync works for me, but only sync to the device. I can't sync new contacts to outlook! *face-palm*

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:14 AM
    I dont know whats going on
    but for me I have one business email running exchange 2010
    1 outlook account
    1 live account

and all of them working fine with contacts, email and notes

if there is anything I am missing or I can help with just let me know
    04-24-13 01:01 AM
    I dont know whats going on
    but for me I have one business email running exchange 2010
    1 outlook account
    1 live account

and all of them working fine with contacts, email and notes

if there is anything I am missing or I can help with just let me know
    You are on an Enterprise Server. This issue is relevant to former BIS users that utilized desktop to sync data hard wired 2 way device and desktop.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:36 AM
    Please see this help article by BlackBerry. Link supports two way syncing. It is working for me.
    You must have the updated Link, I got an update already.
    04-24-13 07:40 AM
36 12