So most of you will be able to go to https://developer.blackberry.com/bla...alphas/update/ to get your upgrade to 10.1.0.1485 but those of us that were silly enough to make our dev Alpha B's into FULL Z10's and installed the Z10 firmware on the Dev Alpha B; you will notice that if you download the newest 10.1.xxx firmware (the developer edition) (and follow the link above) will get an error that your device is no compatible with the download (for the Dev Alpha B)

The reason is that now your device looks like a STL100-1 (and reports as being such a device, don't belive me? Check the About in settings and you'll see that in the Model Number)

So for EVERYONE that wants to get 10.1.0.1485 for test and has ANY device (except the beautiful Dev Alpha A)

Just click on the "Different Device? Customize your download here." at the bottom of the link

Firmware 10.1.0.1484 for ALL devices (includes flashed Dev Alpha B with the Z10 software)-downloadlink1.png

From there you can download the 10.1.0.1485 for
    - Dev Alpha B
    - Dev Alpha C
    - STL100-1 (what your B looks like now to the autoloader, I also think the red Z10 LE that everyone got at BBJam Europe is this model too)
    - STL100-2 (the Z10 in europe)
    - STL100-3 (The Z10 in the America's and the RED Z10 LE)
    - STL100-4 (The Verizon Z10)

OF COURSE check your model number in your "Settings-About" and don't just trust a gringo like me.

Firmware 10.1.0.1484 for ALL devices (includes flashed Dev Alpha B with the Z10 software)-downloadlink2.png
    04-22-13 10:22 AM
    What's different in this from the other leaked OS please?
    04-22-13 10:48 AM
    What's different in this from the other leaked OS please?
    This isn't a leaked OS, this is the official developers' release for Dev Alphas and Z10s. It won't have all the applications included. If you want that you'll have to use one of the leaked versions.
    04-22-13 01:42 PM
    Is there any risk to loose my files or something else? Because of beta....
    04-22-13 03:55 PM
    Is there any risk to loose my files or something else? Because of beta....
    They aren't beta, they are developer releases.

Installing any of these systems will perform a system wipe, so a backup first will be essential. Since these files are not full operating systems you may or may not be able to restore all your data after an install. On the other hand you will have your data to restore to the phone once you've reverted it to an official OS.

You can do what ever you want with your phone, but I can not see any reason to install these images unless you are a developer. I am sure you won't be happy.

If you want to test drive BB 10.1 before an official OS comes out for your phone, go to the leaked OS thread in the Z10 forum and use one of those. But by doing so you take full responsability for your phone and your data. I have not heard of anyone permanently bricking a Z10, but there is a first time for everything.

I'm a developer so I'm running the Dev Alpha C version on my Dev Alpha C. If I need to, I may run the STL 100-3 version on my LE Z10, but I doubt it because my Z10 is the phone I use every day.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-22-13 04:47 PM
    They aren't beta, they are developer releases.

Installing any of these systems will perform a system wipe, so a backup first will be essential. Since these files are not full operating systems you may or may not be able to restore all your data after an install. On the other hand you will have your data to restore to the phone once you've reverted it to an official OS.

You can do what ever you want with your phone, but I can not see any reason to install these images unless you are a developer. I am sure you won't be happy.

If you want to test drive BB 10.1 before an official OS comes out for your phone, go to the leaked OS thread in the Z10 forum and use one of those. But by doing so you take full responsability for your phone and your data. I have not heard of anyone permanently bricking a Z10, but there is a first time for everything.

I'm a developer so I'm running the Dev Alpha C version on my Dev Alpha C. If I need to, I may run the STL 100-3 version on my LE Z10, but I doubt it because my Z10 is the phone I use every day.
    Thanks,
    I still wait for Official release.
    04-22-13 04:53 PM
    Hi, I installed this on my STL100-1 device and the model now reads Dev Alpha. How do I revert back to the public OS? Have tried using Link but it states that there are no updates available for the phone.
    04-26-13 03:35 AM
    @shomeet

You have installed an official release from blackberry. This isn't a "leak" or "not yet released" version.

This is for developers and as such does display the model as such.

If you'd like the "full OS" you'll have to look for the "leak" forum posts.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:39 PM
    I have installed the 10.1 on my Z10 (STL 100-1), but i want to go back to 10.0. I have tried to flash the file, but after flashing the OS i still 10.1. What can i do?
    04-29-13 01:08 AM
    Anyone tried this on the DAC?
    05-11-13 04:38 AM
    Is there a way to revert the STL100-1 back to Dev Alpha B? I want to try the leaked 10.0 os, but I'm kinda concerned about changing model numbers and having no way back. (Since I actually want to develop apps for this phone too).
    05-12-13 03:12 PM
    Down load dev alpha autoloader and flash
    05-31-13 09:27 PM
    I just got Dev Alpha B version on one DAB
    and I got STL100-1 on another Dev Alpha B

I don't see much difference and I don't get my network to work (Calls). Is that expected?
    Last edited by basitj; 06-02-13 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added title
    06-02-13 02:48 PM