So here's the deal...

I saw how impressed people were with SayIt 10 that a few months ago I did some searching and found SayIt for BlackBerry 7 aka SayIt legacy. It also had, very oddly, great reviews. What gives? Are we BlackBerry owners really that desperate for a Sirioid?

I am generally very proficient at figuring apps out. I tried all syntaxes to get the voice commands included in the help info to work, and many of them did not. Also, the conversation mode didn't work either and when it did responses were in broken English at best.

Over half the time when asking SayIt legacy questions or providing prompts it was supposed to support (based on the help doc and the claims on its storefront page on App World,) it would respond with "I have no idea what you are talking about."

If I asked it questions it would just say, "Should I know (what I just asked it)?"

Can you say LETDOWN?! This effluvial app belongs in a cesspool, not BlackBerry World. And people are deeming this as the "Who needs Siri?" Come on! Let's not get delusional.

To top things off, the app ran glitchy, and loaded one of those grand ? apps along with it...what a treat!

And the best part is, I contacted the blasted developer twice by email asking for a refund and he ignored me both times.

I'd love to give a second chance and try SayIt 10 for BlackBerry 10. Maybe this new version, reinvented and hopefully at least half decent, will keep me moving. But I am not willing to shell out another $5 because I'm too worried it will be last time all over again...strangely, almost freaky good reviews leading to the massive let down.

And honestly, I mean come on...I was ripped off. We all were who bought that. Unless mine was glitched...though I reinstalled it several times and closed other apps for what that's worth. But seriously...$5 for an app that misuses Wolfram Alpha and can answer one question coherently..."what is SayIt?"

Oh, did I mention out of my 40 contacts it failed to recognize any of them? So much for voice dialing for safe driving.

Can I please get a refund or a free copy of SayIt 10 Mr. BachKoa University?

Thank you kindly,

~STV
    arturobaez likes this.
    04-21-13 04:38 PM
    The very same thing happen to me. Bought it while using the 9900 and it didnt work one time. Every request I made its response was "Can't understand what you are saying ". Now using the Z10 they want me to pay again. I believe I was ripped off.

Z10?..yes it can!
    rai187 likes this.
    04-21-13 05:45 PM
    Probably be best to contact the developer directly.
    04-21-13 05:47 PM
    I like it. But it isn't as good as people were reviewing it, imo. I was impressed at how well it understood me but that's about it.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-21-13 06:03 PM
    hmm sayit...was ooooookk! wasn't all tht. But I hav a lot of iphone friends who I would love to go against apple siri...but I don't wanna b let down...lol

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:56 PM
    Probably be best to contact the developer directly.
    I did. He ignored me...

Oh and to the mods: Sorry my title had to be edited, but you gotta give me credit for creativity.

~STV
    04-21-13 08:32 PM
    Agree, it's not functional enough to be used regularly... needs to be improved, mainly the server engine, it doesn't know how to respond too often...

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    04-21-13 10:46 PM
    I wish it did native actions, like compose texts etc. I believe the dev told one person that the native app does this, so there's no need, or something like that.

SayIt is better at picking up my speech accurately, and the native app is a bit weak (but not bad).

Also I like the UK female voice. I just wish it was better at understanding my requests, like many others here have noted. I'm not sure I'd buy it again if I had the choice.
    04-22-13 12:35 AM
    So Mr. BachKoa University can you weigh in on this thread and check your email and give me my refund then?

I tell you what...you refund my purchase of the OS7 app, and I'll buy BB10 one as it seems to actually do what it says it will unlike your beta-ish legacy app.

~STV
    04-22-13 01:18 AM
    So Mr. BachKoa University can you weigh in on this thread and check your email and give me my refund then?

I tell you what...you refund my purchase of the OS7 app, and I'll buy BB10 one as it seems to actually do what it says it will unlike your beta-ish legacy app.

~STV
    So, you are talking about the SayIt for BBOS or SayIt for BB10?
    04-22-13 01:42 AM
    I was excited for wolfram functionality but whenever I ask for integrals or derivatives, it doesn't understand

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-22-13 02:14 AM
    There is nothing comparable to SayIt on BB10 atm. Its a very good application.
    04-22-13 02:32 AM
    I love this app and by the support it gets from the dev. It will only get better.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:22 AM
    Well.... I guess this means you will have to go for the awesome app that is VIKI... Oh wait... That's still never coming..
    04-22-13 08:15 AM
    So, you are talking about the SayIt for BBOS or SayIt for BB10?
    BBOS legacy.

~STV
    04-22-13 09:39 AM
    Bump. Plz sir refund me.

~STV
    04-22-13 11:03 PM