My guess is tht q10 will be more successful tthen the z10 by a large margin
    04-21-13 08:20 AM
    I Say no not really.
    04-21-13 08:33 AM
    I think so, and I reckon alot of people with z10's will trade in for the q10
    04-21-13 08:38 AM
    I see quite a few Z's out thier,if you double that exposure with the Q10 ,it's got me scratching my head.I'm really satisfied that i am long bb
    04-21-13 08:40 AM
    In terms of my own desire to have a BB, I couldn't care less if other people like it or not. I've never cared about what other people consider "cool" or "hip" or whatever. But I would like to see BB get more popular simply for the fact that the apps will not come unless there's a market for them, so the more users the better app support we'll get... I do hope to see more BB's out there in the future. It makes me a little sad at the human race when I see everyone like sheep with the exact same phones all of the time... I wish individuality comes back and to start seeing some variety in the types of devices people have...
    cleonwayne likes this.
    04-21-13 08:55 AM
    I have run into 3 9900 devices. I ask if they have seen the Z, and 2 said no. I asked if they would get it, and they said they need a keyboard.

My answered, yes

BlackBerry did it smart. Send the phone that will grab the masses attention, and wait for the big hit. We do will buy the Q will market for BlackBerry for free

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:57 AM
    In terms of my own desire to have a BB, I couldn't care less if other people like it or not. I've never cared about what other people consider "cool" or "hip" or whatever. But I would like to see BB get more popular simply for the fact that the apps will not come unless there's a market for them, so the more users the better app support we'll get... I do hope to see more BB's out there in the future. It makes me a little sad at the human race when I see everyone like sheep with the exact same phones all of the time... I wish individuality comes back and to start seeing some variety in the types of devices people have...
    Totally agree with these sentiments. Google Trends has consistently shown that there is much more interest in the Z10 than the Q10. In addition the device is priced at the highest levels. BB7 owners being a very conservative group that doesn't use a lot of apps and mainly like their BB's for e-mails and texting etc will wait until the price comes down. Early sales will be excellent but after that sales will likely settle down to the 9900 when it was introduced level. The R phone has the potential to garner a lot of sales in the UK and other price sensitive markets.
    04-21-13 10:22 AM
    When it comes to folks around my age then I think it's based on most of these corporations. Once they see its equally balanced as a work AND personal device then I see people out here with them in hand. The big catch will be the BBM again. Seeing that integrated video will bring back the younger crowd. Once you show them flash then introduce them to the real features like security is still the best of any mobile platform.
    04-21-13 10:33 AM
    Agreed. Although, Z trumps Q in Google Trends just because it's available now.

Concur with the rest of your speculation. BB7 owners are the biggest market. The not so conservatives will go for the Q, the remaining will either go for the R, or will stay with BB7 for the trackpad.

So, having said that, Bbry should continue their work on BB7 for sometime to retain their customers.

Back to the OP, I hope so. I loved BBM, but most of my friends (and myself) drifted to other platforms and whatsapp. Can't wait to return back. Release the Q10 already!
    04-21-13 10:37 AM
    Depends where you live, in canada i still see a ton of blackberries out there.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:39 AM
    BB7 owners being a very conservative group that doesn't use a lot of apps and mainly like their BB's for e-mails and texting etc will wait until the price comes down.
    Are people using it for business really that concerned about price to save 50 bucks here or there? (I don't think so IMHO)If you did street interviews on the topic on Wall st with passers by they people would probably roll their eyes, or shrug their shoulders. The time taken asking them the question would probably be worth more to them than any phone discount price difference!
    04-21-13 10:43 AM
    Are people using it for business really that concerned about price to save 50 bucks here or there? (I don't think so IMHO)If you did street interviews on the topic on Wall st with passers by they people would probably roll their eyes, or shrug their shoulders. The time taken asking them the question would probably be worth more to them than any phone discount price difference!
    I see where you are coming from.

But here's the deal. Don't look at the individuals. Think work environment, it's the corporates and the second tier companies that pay for their staff. So, it's not one phone that's being purchased, but suddenly the number is one in hundreds or thousands. That is why I state that the R series is important for the BB10.

It depends on how we see it, but price is ALWAYS a factor, especially for the business folk. After all, they can't be compared to guys who drop cash for iphones or s4s.
    04-21-13 10:56 AM
    BB = Lower the price = More spread = More Apps ?

I want The Q10 but the lack of certain apps and support kinda annoys me to throw such an investment into it

But as for the BBs again it depends on the country, like here in Kuwait it was all Blackberrys and iPhone, but now number is Android phones such Samsung, Sony, HTC, then iPhones.
    04-21-13 12:03 PM
    BlackBerry could've really pushed the phone as a "texter's phone" before iMssage launched. They probably still can but now people are entrenched in that instead... If they push BBM and WhatsApp they'll do well. I'd like to see BBM come back. (Secretly I'm also interested in Google Babel.)

All I can say is my friend is on BBOS6 and he's going to be going to BB10. I think BBRY will make a very viable 3rd option.
    04-21-13 12:04 PM
    You'll see bb users with a new bb q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:06 PM
    I spoke to rogers regarding an unrelated issue and the lady told me the Q10 comes out this week! she even said 22nd though initially it was supposed to be the 26th (according to her). Any merit to this?
    04-21-13 12:10 PM
    If BBRY can shore up it's horrific App gap & they can make the Q10 email as functional as the prior BBRY's....
    ...Then YES, it's a different enough looking device from what's out there.
    ...AND it looks GOOD, very sexy, stylish and appears to have very good battery life.

BBRY's ONLY problem has been a lack of functionality when compared to Droid and I.O.S....
    ...They have everything else down pat, right where they need to be.
    ...They need to have world class email & not the third world type of email functionality the Z10 has.
    04-21-13 12:17 PM
    I'm holding out for the Q10 as I prefer a keyboard.. Something I think I have in common with the majority of blackberry fans out there.

They hand out blackberry's at work and I'm confident that the moment the new os10 versions of the old 97xx phones come out they will snap them up.
    04-21-13 12:30 PM
    If BBRY can shore up it's horrific App gap & they can make the Q10 email as functional as the prior BBRY's....
    ...Then YES, it's a different enough looking device from what's out there.
    ...AND it looks GOOD, very sexy, stylish and appears to have very good battery life.

BBRY's ONLY problem has been a lack of functionality when compared to Droid and I.O.S....
    ...They have everything else down pat, right where they need to be.
    ...They need to have world class email & not the third world type of email functionality the Z10 has.
    Will you define horrific app gap? As long as it has big hitters (let's not get started on discussing who really NEEDS to take vintage photo effects) and actually useful apps like Sound hound it'll be fine. Numbers are numbers. I can tell you the majority of Android apps are either really useless or fakes/clones of existing games. However, BB10 is still lacking some of these for sure. I survived it on Android on the early days and I'll survive it again.
    04-21-13 01:06 PM
    I hope we start seeing new berries everywhere. It amazes me to see the stats on how low BB share is in the US. In New York in a business environment i must say subjectively it seems like 1/3 of the people are still on blackberries, some of them pretty old which i hope means they will stay with bb and get Q10's when available.

Our company used to be 100% BB (even in a BYOD environment) in the last two and a half years we encouraged any device you like, it shifted pretty quickly to 40% BB, 50% ios and 10% android (mostly on contract expiration). Certainly nothing like the general population, a very small sample, but indicative of the real estate industry where detailed accurate communication in real time is key. Improved camera/multimedia and apps will make many a hard keyboard user stick with BBRY but there are still some key apps that could make users switch. For whatever reason RIM missed the boat on apps a few years back, it has to catch-up to make sure it keeps and grows the user base. Most of my iphone users first question when they saw the Z10 was it looks great, does it have...(Instagram/Skype/FinancialApp)??? These may not even be critical to their daily business use but are tightly tied to their personal life.

We will continue to support whatever device our users want, within reason, but i am pretty sure a few of the folks who have issues with their on-screen keyboards may be ready to switch back. Hopefully the Q10 marketing will focus on communications not the kind of general branding BBRY used for the Z. Presumably What'sApp, Instagram in native format and other social gaps will be filled and least then they can say we are as good or better than the rest.

The only mega risk on the horizon this quarter is Google Now, when the cloud and your desktop use is linked to your mobile and location the entire mobile industry could be moving in a direction BBRY can not compete in, based upon the lack of user data and the entire computing loop.
    Last edited by nycspaces.; 04-21-13 at 01:16 PM. Reason: sloppy
    04-21-13 01:12 PM
    I see where you are coming from.But here's the deal. Don't look at the individuals. Think work environment, it's the corporates and the second tier companies that pay for their staff. So, it's not one phone that's being purchased, but suddenly the number is one in hundreds or thousands. That is why I state that the R series is important for the BB10.It depends on how we see it, but price is ALWAYS a factor, especially for the business folk. After all, they can't be compared to guys who drop cash for iphones or s4s.
    I am not privy to mass purchase prices - only consumer costs. (Mine will be likely free with my plan) does anyone here have bulk buy enterprise cost comparisons between iPhone 5 and Q10?It wouldn't seem like Apple's style to say "use ours we are the cheapest"
    04-21-13 01:34 PM
    I agree with you with respect to Canada and the USA. These markets are not so price sensitive. I understand the UK are price watchers. The Canadian market is quite small... Maybe equal to California. In Canada we should see take up by big business and govt. I think though that the BB can not make a business come back in the USA unless there are
    definite security issues that take precedence.
    04-22-13 01:34 AM
    $200 for a phone on contract is just too much. How anyone can afford that is a mystery. Maybe I'm just poor (probably), but a mass movement of people paying $200 for a phone that doesn't have the draw that Android and Apple has, is kind of silly. I don't mean to be a troll, and perhaps it's just cause I'm tired on a Monday, but I can't see a lot purchases being made to the point where seeing a BB will become any more than a monthly occurrence (not daily).

To answer the OP's (whatever OP means. Help!) comment, the q10 should definitely sell better than the z10.

I hope that r10 comes out sooner than NEVER, cause that's about where me and other level-headed spenders will be placed. (me being a thrifty person that doesn't make outrageous un-level-headed purchases. If you can afford a q10, great.)
    Pain likes this.
    04-22-13 02:58 PM
    Anyone who pays the price for the Q10 vs an Iphone 5 or latest Samsung obviously wants a modern OS and the QWERTY format .
    04-22-13 03:34 PM
    Anyone who pays the price for the Q10 vs an Iphone 5 or latest Samsung obviously wants a modern OS and the QWERTY format .
    That would be me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-22-13 03:39 PM
43 12