I had the Z10 since February 5th and my relationship with BlackBerry had drastically changed. This phone had been rock solide stable: memory management is nothing as I ever seen, it never slows down and just flows.

However I am going through battery pull withdrawal : like it or not battery pull had been part of the BlackBerry culture with the legacy devices. Simple, elegant movement of the hand, twist of wrist and a few minutes later, we know we have a fresh OS.

I secretly kept my Bold 9900 lying around so that from time to time I would check the memory and see if it needs a battery pull. When I do it, I still get that rush... a thrill like a fresh start.

I know, you will say the Z10 also has a removable battery so I can pull it if I want. But it's not the same.

Posted via CB10
    Tom_Colorado likes this.
    04-20-13 11:01 PM
    I know exactly how you feel it's not the same pulling a battery from the zed ten you don't get any sort of rush

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-20-13 11:07 PM
    Unfortunately I haven't been suffering withdrawals. I flew to Vegas a few days ago, so I turned off my phone during the flight. When we landed I pressed the on button. The red light flashed but it wasn't turning on. After waiting a while, I just did a battery pull. Of course, that worked and the boot screen came up. A little while I tried it again thinking maybe it was a fluke, but no. Needed another battery pull to turn it on. Grr!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:38 AM
    I rarely had to pull battery on my 9900. On original Z10 OS I had 2 spontaneous reboots and one lockup that required battery pull (in about 6 weeks).

I've had no lockups at all on 10.0.10.85, I had well over 2 weeks uptime until I let my battery run out accidentally a few days ago.

I might eventually be tempted to skip OS updates and instead go for crazy uptime - nah I'll likely still update ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:58 AM
    I agree with the op. I haven't needed to do a single battery pull since Feb. 5th.

If you think you need to do a battery pull, try this: press and hold the top power button, keep holding it for about 10-15 seconds. Let go and the Z10 will go into a full power off. When it restarts, it will be equivalent to a battery pull.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:01 AM
    Unfortunately I haven't been suffering withdrawals. I flew to Vegas a few days ago, so I turned off my phone during the flight. When we landed I pressed the on button. The red light flashed but it wasn't turning on. After waiting a while, I just did a battery pull. Of course, that worked and the boot screen came up. A little while I tried it again thinking maybe it was a fluke, but no. Needed another battery pull to turn it on. Grr!

Posted via CB10
    I feel your pain! What carrier and OS version are you on?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:10 PM
    Yeah it is weird not doing battery pulls when have done them so long, BUT I am not missing it one bit! Hallelujah!!!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-21-13 03:14 PM
    Old habits die so very hard. Did battery pulls in the first few days. None since. Not missing that necessity at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:41 PM