So, anyone here on a Novell Groupwise environment? If so, have you been successful with using BES 10? I'm kind of shocked that they don't fully have a solid method for Groupwise at the moment..but BlackBerry tells me there are work arounds for now. If anyone here has done this, can you give me any tips on how to activate one of my Z10's on BES 10 using Groupwise?
    04-20-13 08:06 PM
    So, anyone here on a Novell Groupwise environment? If so, have you been successful with using BES 10? I'm kind of shocked that they don't fully have a solid method for Groupwise at the moment..but BlackBerry tells me there are work arounds for now. If anyone here has done this, can you give me any tips on how to activate one of my Z10's on BES 10 using Groupwise?
    I believe there is one other person on this site (can't think of his name right now) that I have seen mention about having BES 10 installed on groupwise. However its always better to have a BBRY support plan so you can call them directly and in a worst case scenario help you install and get it working as I know their documentation online can sometimes a little lacking, but not at the support level.
    04-21-13 12:03 AM
    The Z10 works great with the Novell GroupWise Mobility Service (Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack) version 1.2.5 via the ActiveSync protocol. No BES involved. Look for a 1.2.5 new build in the next month that addresses a few minor issues for the Z10.
    04-21-13 02:06 AM
    We have a GroupWise environment, we have a BES 10 Server in combination with Novell Datasyncronizer. Without BES you have not really a management software and no Balance. At the moment on our BES 10 Server is an active directory running, because otherwise you can't create users on your BES, because no LDAP integration at the moment. But we are going to use DSFW to integrate BES in our eDirectory in some days. I'll keep you updated.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:01 PM
    Yes, my shop has GW8 and BES10. We use the Novell connector for ActiveSync.

We're still in early stages, with fewer than 20 Z10 users at this point.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:16 PM
    Hey thunderbuck,
    what version of the novell connector are you using? (1.2.5)?
    04-25-13 04:39 AM
    BlackBerry tells me there are work arounds for now. If anyone here has done this, can you give me any tips on how to activate one of my Z10's on BES 10 using Groupwise?
    Have you got it working?

We've got GW 8.02, BES10 via Novell Datasychronizer 1.2.4, working fine.

Torsten
    04-25-13 06:50 AM
    The Z10 works great with the Novell GroupWise Mobility Service (Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack) version 1.2.5 via the ActiveSync protocol. No BES involved. Look for a 1.2.5 new build in the next month that addresses a few minor issues for the Z10.

Hello All,

Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack 1.2.5.299 has been re-released today in the Patch Finder with Z10 fixes and few other bug fixes
    (NOVELL: Patch Finder)

NOVELL: Downloads - Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack 1.2.5.299 (Novell Data Synchronizer 1.2.5 + Mobility Pack)
    04-29-13 06:01 PM
    Yes, my shop has GW8 and BES10. We use the Novell connector for ActiveSync.

We're still in early stages, with fewer than 20 Z10 users at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Hey,

Would love more information on how this is done.

We have a split environment (Exchange and GW). We also have Novell Data Sync active.

Would it be possible to install BES 10, and have it work with both exchange and GW users??? How would this be done? Would love advice on this!!!!
    05-07-13 07:44 PM
    05-07-13 09:54 PM
    Hi everybody,

we are running a GroupWise shop with 2012 and BES10. It is a supportet and stable solution with only little Issues. The bad point is that SWS is still not supportet in the GroupWise inviroment. It is running fine so far but is not supportet by Blackberry. Blackberry knows our demands and is willing to work on it.

If they are not able to support us in the future we will have to move on and decide to another solution. This will include other devices (non BB) and a different Management solution.

Let`s see what BES12 has in the books.
    07-11-14 12:06 PM
    To follow-up on your comment:

We are using gw8 with BES. we have a mixture of iOS, Androids and Z's.

We had a number of BES4 licenses that were sitting idle when we switched Devices to the Z's.

SWS works perfectly on the Z's. However, I was specifically told that I should expect unpredictable results if I was to add SWS to the iOS and android devices . In addition, SWS (iOS and Android) requires a different license.

Our "health care unit" will require a SWS type environment soon. Ive purchased annual licenses to determine our next steps - we've got 8 months to decide.

The plan is to move to gw2014 this Month. I've commented on this same issue on the Novell GroupWise Forum.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 05:29 PM