Hi everyone, ive tried vodafone and they havnt got a clue so i tought i would try the people who have!!!

I have a problem with my bold and as per vodafone instructions i downloaded the new operating system from the crackberry website as had a problem with the timer on the pre-installed software, since then my internet browser does not work, it goes onto the vodafone live page, but whern i select another page it does not load and i have to do a battery pull or it wont even go onto the vodafone live page again.

I can get the internet and have re-sent the service settings but it just wont load the vodafone live pages

Anyone have any ideas....

Cheers
    10-07-08 02:14 AM
    When you say you've tried Vodafone, have you tried their support forums on their website? They can do a live chat thing with you and from what I've read on there they seem to know more than the people in the call centres
    10-07-08 03:25 AM
    If you goto options>advanced options>servive book

Do you have an entry for Blackberry Internet Browsing Service?

My mum had the same problem and didn't have this service book, a phone to Vodafone and asking to data technical support and the problem was resolved.

Turns out my mum's account wasn't provisioned correctly, yet it had been working before.
    10-07-08 04:31 AM
    I had a simular problem, the only way I could work around the problem was to wipe handheld, then do the upgrade to .162 after upgrading skip the setup wizard and wipe handheld again which after the reset puts the Vodafone live icon back on the main screen.

Then after this I setup the email profile for my BES server and worked fine without issues.

Before that I had tried resending services books etc but didnt work.

I experienced this issue with .147 and .154

.162 seems to be fine.
    10-07-08 06:10 AM
    Mark,

how would i wipe it totally and then load on the .162 as ive only upgraded the phone throught the desk manager etc

Thanks

Anthony
    10-08-08 02:16 AM
    Don't listen to the upgrade freaks.

My Bold on vodafone works perfectly with .126

I am sure the vodafone tech guys can sort your phone out. Upgrading to another OS version will only void your warranty.

I will upgrade my OS - but only when vodafone posts a new version.
    10-08-08 11:25 AM
    Thanks aloening, just got an email back from vodafone saying they will change my unit totally as i was given the wrong infomation, i got told to upgrade the software via email and on the phone! fingers crossed!!
    10-08-08 05:00 PM
    Resending your service books should help....
    10-08-08 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD