App Name: PaperPusher Scanner

Summary:
    Document scanner and PDF creator for BlackBerry� 10. The app lets you snap a photo and turn it into a clear and readable PDF. Scan documents, receipts, articles, you name it. You'll have a mini-size scanner and copier right in your pocket!

Scan a document and immediately share it. PaperPusher Scanner helps you by automatically correcting for perspective � no need to hold the phone perfectly straight. Also, it enhances printed text, notes and whiteboard photos and improves contrast significantly.

It works with whiteboards - take a photo and get a cropped, enhanced and perspective-corrected PDF or jpeg image.

PaperPusher Scanner is a native Cascades app, which means a swift UI that blends in perfectly. The app takes full advantage of the 8MP camera and the built-in whiteboard mode. It is Built for BlackBerry approved� and only available for BlackBerry� 10 - versions available for both Z10 and Q10.

Features:

• Automatically finds the page in the photo
    • Automatically corrects for perspective � no need to hold the phone perfectly aligned
    • Automatically determines paper orientation, portrait or landscape
    • You can enhance printed text, notes or whiteboard photos to improve contrast significantly, in b/w or color
    • You can set paper size to Letter, Legal, A4 or one of many other supported sizes
    • You can apply custom margins and change image orientation
    • You can adjust PDF quality/file size
    • You can save individual pages as jpeg images, aligned and enhanced
    • Load images saved on your phone
    • Open your PDF in any app that supports PDFs
    • Share your document or jpeg using BBM, E-mail, NFC, Bluetooth, ...
    • Export your PDF to the shared file area, the sdcard, or online file hosting services such as Dropbox (requires Dropbox app installed)
    • Organize your scans by tagging them. Group and filter scans according to the tags. Add your own custom tags.
    • Merge scans
    • Add captions to PDF pages

Link to BlackBerry World Listing: BlackBerry World - PaperPusher Scanner

Price: USD $4.99

More features are in the works! Here are a few screenshots:

PaperPusher Scanner - Document Scanner and PDF creator-screenshot_1.jpgPaperPusher Scanner - Document Scanner and PDF creator-screenshot_2.jpgPaperPusher Scanner - Document Scanner and PDF creator-screenshot_3.jpgPaperPusher Scanner - Document Scanner and PDF creator-screenshot_4.jpg

This is what the Q10 version looks like:

PaperPusher Scanner - Document Scanner and PDF creator-screenshot_q10_1_small.png
    Last edited by dafbb1; 05-20-13 at 09:24 AM.
    04-20-13 11:04 AM
    Can the app use the camera flash when taking the picture? I have tried some of the free apps for document scanning and the lack of a flash has a grey background when printing. Or are there options to brighten the page?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 02:30 PM
    Imagine a truck driver needing to fax a document to headquarters prior to customs for clearance. The paperwork needs to be printed on the recipients end. Needs to be very legible after printing.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 02:32 PM
    Yes, you can turn on the flash. Moreover, there is a feature to auto-enhance the contrast of text and remove the gray background and replace it with white, check out screenshot 4 above for an illustration. To get the absolutely best results, I'd still recommend taking the photo in good lighting conditions with plenty of ambient light available, and not rely on the flash alone.

Can the app use the camera flash when taking the picture? I have tried some of the free apps for document scanning and the lack of a flash has a grey background when printing. Or are there options to brighten the page?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 02:53 PM
    I bought this a while back and it is an absolutely brilliant app. We'll done dev!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 05:17 AM
    Just bought the app. What an absolute kick *** product! I took pictures of web pages and used this app to correct the Grey scale before printing. Amazing!!

Thank you for your responses and thank you for an excellent product!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 07:07 AM
    I used this app to scan signed documents for my mortgage renewal which I then sent to my broker from my phone. Worked great and saved me a lot of time!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:55 AM
    Can this app OCR business cards into the address book?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:48 PM
    Probably a dumb question. So I apologize in advance... Can you edit the created pdfs?
    05-15-13 01:03 PM
    Can this app OCR business cards into the address book?

Posted via CB10

Probably a dumb question. So I apologize in advance... Can you edit the created pdfs?
    The app does not use OCR, so the PDF documents are not editable. It does work well and the document can be easily shared.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-16-13 07:29 AM
    Great app! One of the last type of apps I have been missing on BB10.

Bought it for my Z10, but where is a Q10 version? ;-)
    05-19-13 03:00 PM
    The latest release has Q10 support and has just been approved by BlackBerry, it should be available in BlackBerry World now!

Great app! One of the last type of apps I have been missing on BB10.

Bought it for my Z10, but where is a Q10 version? ;-)
    05-20-13 08:49 AM
    The latest release has Q10 support and has just been approved by BlackBerry, it should be available in BlackBerry World now!
    Cool. Got it. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 02:19 PM
    The app does not use free ocr, so the PDF documents are not editable. It does work well and the document can be easily shared.

Posted via CB10
    I want to make a editable PDF or Word document, any ideas?
    12-02-15 12:26 AM
    I want to make a editable PDF or Word document, any ideas?
    I like that idea, also. I use a small free OCR program on my Win machine. But sometimes it would be convenient on the phone.
    12-02-15 09:15 AM
    I like that idea, also. I use a small free OCR program on my Win machine. But sometimes it would be convenient on the phone.
    The OCR on "Scan to Text Pro" ( http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25231876 ) is really good.
    Use it very often to extract text from a document I "scan" with the phone.

I guess the Q10's camera is good for something after all lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 12-24-15 at 02:52 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-24-15 07:04 AM