Hello guys, I need to open this thread with a shout out to Kevin and BlackBerry. I know Frank has said they started the marketing in the US BUT you know it isn't working, or broad enough when every time anyone sees a BB10 ad they and the forums go crazy of excitement. The ads are so RARE that fans go crazy.

Yesterday I went to 3 AT&T stores near where I live (Puerto Rico, USA).

1st kiosk:

The Z10 was next to the Galaxy S3 and other phones that I can't recall. That's fine, however, every phone in there was On and running the demo video, with flashy things here and there attracting the eyes. The Z10? Sleeping. Screen off, demo video deactivated and unable to browse the web because some sort of incomplete process from AT&T activating the SIM card and WiFi. Simply useless. The Ads were for the for Facebook Home, Nokia Lumia 920 and Galaxy series.

Big Store:

Here the Z10 had the demo video running and was connected to their network. However, the Z10 was next to the ultra cheap phones, including feature phones. When you entered the store, the ads were for the iPhone 5, Nokia Lumias and Windows Phone 8, and for the Facebook home thing.

The smartphone display order was: (from the front to the back of the store)
    1. [iPhone 5 & iPhone 4S - on the Apple exclusive booth] ***Obviously***
    2. [HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia something, HTC Windows Phone 8X, Galaxy S3 in white, Galaxy S3 in red, and Galaxy Note 2 -- on 1st "Smartphones booth"]
    3. [Galaxy Note 1, older HTC phones Nokia Lumia 900 - 2nd generic booth]
    4. [Even cheaper and older smartphones, LGs, HTCs, Samsungs, the iPhone 4 & ******the Z10******* -- end of the 3rd generic booth]
    5. [Next booth: the "messaging ready phones" or something like that and the cheapest feature phones]

3rd kiosk:

I really don't remember the order but again, all devices running the demo videos, On and flashy and the Z10 displaying a battery error like if it had no battery or something, a flashy red battery icon with the "charging" lightning pulsing. Useless.

Kevin, I really would LOVE to hear something concrete from BlackBerry regarding the lack of interest and support from the US carriers, specially AT&T and T-Mobile, and the ABSOLUTE absence of BlackBerry 10 ads. It's been a month since the introduction of the Z10 in the US and I have not seen ONE promo of the Z10 on TV, flyers, posters and others.
    This is really serious, Kev. If these stores have sold 5 BB devices combined, throughout the month it's a pretty optimistic number.

I love my Z10, I really love it. I'm 98% satisfied with it, BlackBerry 10 is a huge leap from previous phones, but I feel we are still dealing with the RIM of the Co-CEOs era, with absolute no marketing outside Canada or select US areas.

I'm starting to feel hopeless with this BB thing...
    04-20-13 09:22 AM
    I think new BlackBerry is very cost conscious. Shareholders all also interested more in the bottom line. They will spend money for ad depending upon the return. I also think USA being a tough market they are waiting till they have more apps and all the bugs are fixed. Just my two cents.

Posted from my lovely Z10
    04-20-13 09:55 AM
    Hello guys, I need to open this thread with a shout out to Kevin and BlackBerry. I know Frank has said they started the marketing in the US BUT you know it isn't working, or broad enough when every time anyone sees a BB10 ad they and the forums go crazy of excitement. The ads are so RARE that fans go crazy.

1st kiosk:

The Z10 was next to the Galaxy S3 and other phones that I can't recall. That's fine, however, every phone in there was On and running the demo video, with flashy things here and there attracting the eyes. The Z10? Sleeping. Screen off, demo video deactivated and unable to browse the web because some sort of incomplete process from AT&T activating the SIM card and WiFi. Simply useless. The Ads were for the for Facebook Home, Nokia Lumia 920 and Galaxy series.

Big Store:

Here the Z10 had the demo video running and was connected to their network. However, the Z10 was next to the ultra cheap phones, including feature phones. When you entered the store, the ads were for the iPhone 5, Nokia Lumias and Windows Phone 8, and for the Facebook home thing.

2. [HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia something, HTC Windows Phone 8X, Galaxy S3 in white, Galaxy S3 in red, and Galaxy Note 2 -- on 1st "Smartphones booth"]
    4. [Even cheaper and older smartphones, LGs, HTCs, Samsungs, the iPhone 4 & ******the Z10******* -- end of the 3rd generic booth]
    5. [Next booth: the "messaging ready phones" or something like that and the cheapest feature phones]

3rd kiosk:

I really don't remember the order but again, all devices running the demo videos, On and flashy and the Z10 displaying a battery error like if it had no battery or something, a flashy red battery icon with the "charging" lightning pulsing. Useless.

Kevin, I really would LOVE to hear something concrete from BlackBerry regarding the lack of interest and support from the US carriers, specially AT&T and T-Mobile, and the ABSOLUTE absence of BlackBerry 10 ads. It's been a month since the introduction of the Z10 in the US and I have not seen ONE promo of the Z10 on TV, flyers, posters and others.
    This is really serious, Kev. If these stores have sold 5 BB devices combined, throughout the month it's a pretty optimistic number.

I love my Z10, I really love it. I'm 98% satisfied with it, BlackBerry 10 is a huge leap from previous phones, but I feel we are still dealing with the RIM of the Co-CEOs era, with absolute no marketing outside Canada or select US areas.

I feel maybe tour just not catching the ads because the amount of advertising happening in canada and then UK on tv and the streets is crazy. I see a bb10 ad on tv almost everyday I'd expect the same in the USA.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:44 AM
    I would hope BlackBerry would redirect some of the marketing budget to support and add a 800 support line. Even in Canada many retailers will try and sell you an I phone or Android unless your persistent. Then I am to return to them for support? A big flaw in the roll out to what I find to be a better phone every day.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:06 AM
    I feel maybe tour just not catching the ads because the amount of advertising happening in canada and then UK on tv and the streets is crazy. I see a bb10 ad on tv almost everyday I'd expect the same in the USA.

Posted via CB10
    Not here, buddy, definitely not here. I'm 100% sure Alec Saunders noted the BB absence when he came here for vacations last month.
    04-20-13 11:12 AM
    Go to exit out of a text message by swiping up with the keyboard on the screen and the device thinks you pressed the space bar, then exits and saves a Draft with a space in the Draft text. Veryyy annoying!

Wrong thread, sorry

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:14 AM
    I'm not sure what you're watching, but I see an ad on tv nearly every day. During the NCAA basketball tournament it seemed like every hour. They weren't very informative, but they were there!

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-20-13 11:16 AM
    I'm not a fan of the current BlackBerry "Keep Moving" commercial. It seems they didn't learn their lesson from the glowing bikes commercial. Everyone recognizes the commercial but not that it's advertising a BlackBerry product. The commercial's concept overshadows the product. I was watching the NCAA tourney with a friend and that commercial came on. When it started I said "Ooh, BlackBerry commercial." My friend said "Oh, this is a BlackBerry commercial?"

As far as carriers and stores, I think they're doing pretty good. Even at the T-Mobile kiosks at the mall they have a wall with a video of the Z10 playing. I went to Best Buy last week to get an iPod Touch (don't shoot me) and saw that they had a huge Z10 display in the entrance to the mobile phone department:

There were two dummy devices and two live devices. The display itself had all kinds of info about the Z10. I was really impressed!
    04-20-13 11:40 AM
    Rico, USA).

I live right outside of Washington DC and I see advertising everywhere. Almost every Verizon store in the area has Z10 advertising. I'm also seeing a lot of commercials.

Verizon just sent their newest phone advertisement in the mail and it features the Z10 on the front.

The Z10 is even being advertised on the boarding passes for Delta Flights.

BlackBerry marketing, promotions and lack of interest in the US-img_00000105_edit.jpg
    BlackBerry marketing, promotions and lack of interest in the US-img_0083.png

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-20-13 11:46 AM
    Well, I see. However, I'm not lying. Here the promo is near zero.
    BlackBerry marketing, promotions and lack of interest in the US-img_00000224_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:15 AM
    People ***** at me for saying this but, it's the carriers that need to step it up. While blackberry needs to get on their asses, because in Canada the advertising for the Z10 is by far the most seen.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:19 AM
    I've seen many Z10 TV commercials here in the US. However, as a bb fan, I felt like I was the only one who got excited to see these commercials, because I was the only one who can actually understand them!
    Blackberry have to change their commercials, create a variety of commercials that each one of them will highlight a different feature of the device, something like: you took a photo of your impatient child, and blinked? No problem! with Blackberry time shift you don't need to retake the photo, could your phone do that?

The keep moving strategy is not working, because it is not explaining moving where, it is just showing the device and mentioning it is new Blackberry. Well, the name Blackberry means nothing in the US of today, and Blackberry should adopt their own slogan and to "keep moving" (or start moving) to create much better desired TV ads.
    xpowers likes this.
    04-21-13 10:43 AM
    People ***** at me for saying this but, it's the carriers that need to step it up. While blackberry needs to get on their asses, because in Canada the advertising for the Z10 is by far the most seen.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, but assuming they are the same as the US commercials, it is a total FAIL.
    04-21-13 10:44 AM
    Yea, but assuming they are the same as the US commercials, it is a total FAIL.
    Tv commercials isn't what im talking about I mean displays on the streets and online ads are probably way more effective nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:54 AM

1st kiosk:

Big Store:

3rd kiosk:

I too live in Puerto Rico and can vouge for this. The marketing here for the Z10 literally sucks. The phone are all the way in the back and non functional. Even at Costco they finally have a display with 4 units and all of them where turned off.

Kemj: This is the Costco next to the golf course in Bayamon.

Posted from the beyond...
    kemj likes this.
    04-21-13 11:29 AM
    I too live in Puerto Rico and can vouge for this. The marketing here for the Z10 literally sucks. The phone are all the way in the back and non functional. Even at Costco they finally have a display with 4 units and all of them where turned off.

Kemj: This is the Costco next to the golf course in Bayamon.

Posted from the beyond...
    The AT&T stores I visited were in Mayag�ez. I can see this is throughout the island... I hope Alec took notes on this when he visited PR.
    04-21-13 04:51 PM
    I live in metro-Detroit, a top 10 TV market in the US, and in the last two months I've seen a total of 3 commercials on US TV and 4 commercials on CBC (Detroit gets Windsor, Ontario, CA ) The Samsung GS series is almost everyday, as is the iPhone 5 ads for all US carriers. BlackBerry only has 2% of US sales...and I'm sure they are not going to try too hard and spend too much for a lost cause.
    04-21-13 05:07 PM
    I agree with the forum posters noting that they wouldn't use AT&T as evidence of the success or failure of BB's Z10 campaign. AT&T seems to take barely a passing interest in BB10 -- it's a checkbox for them to have "something for the BlackBerry people."

Keep in mind that this is going to be a long, hard slog for BB, and they're going to have to rebuild after a long period of decline.

If they get to 5% share in the next 12 months of the US market (including PR), that will be a real achievement. You're not going to see Samsung-like or Apple-like market share during that time.
    04-21-13 05:14 PM
    I've seen many Z10 TV commercials here in the US. However, as a bb fan, I felt like I was the only one who got excited to see these commercials, because I was the only one who can actually understand them!
    Blackberry have to change their commercials, create a variety of commercials that each one of them will highlight a different feature of the device, something like: you took a photo of your impatient child, and blinked? No problem! with Blackberry time shift you don't need to retake the photo, could your phone do that?
    Those ads actually exist as part of the Keep moving campaign:

It's a pity you haven't seen them or perhaps they aren't showing them enough.
    Spencerdl and xpowers like this.
    04-21-13 05:22 PM
    Go to Union Station in Washington Dc. Not an ad or display in the store. I made such a fuss that they was selling a phone with an old operating system, they gave me a free Z10 shirt, coffee cup and blackberry pen. They are hiding the free promotional stuff in the back. I'm with Verizon.

Posted via z10
    Last edited by illlya; 04-21-13 at 06:19 PM.
    04-21-13 05:43 PM
    I see the Verizon Z10 commercial during the Yankee game every single day. I haven't seen any of the Keep Moving commercials though.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-21-13 05:49 PM
    Again, AT&T is doing nothing to promote BB10, but AT&T does not equal "the USA."
    04-21-13 06:00 PM
    I see their ads on the stock market almost everyday. They have a few commercials, pretty much all the same minus the one feature they are trying to advertise. However, I feel they dont really do enough, or much really, to actually show what the product can do. If you watch all those commercials, you notice its X amount of seconds of just random frames "moving" or "flowing" into the next (and BB users aside, who would catch it really?) To finalize it with "The new BB10 Z10 with.(insert push here). Designed to keep you moving" Though, alot like the MS surface commercials(just a bunch of prancing and dancing around), I feel they really LACK on educating the common consumer/home user as to what the z10 actually capable of. Most the air time is spent with "fill" or "fluff". A 5-8 second clip of the timeshift camera is not enough. Samsung has a similar feature with their note 2. They did a great job showing what, how, and most importantly WHY you would WANT such a feature(was shown in a family holiday setting taking pictures of a group of kids). I could be over-thinking it, but I do feel they fall short on capturing the people. Jesus, even how they show one of the BEST virtual KBs out there is very short on delivery via TV.

BB/Thors whole thing behind the new OS is "This is a mobile computing platform" - Ok great, show me that in your marketing, your TV ads, web, etc... Stop making the potentials out there feel that its just another "phone" Other than it being actually "new" (in terms of an OS), there isnt alot out there to justify the capture and switch for the users we (BB) want.

I am willing to bet, if BBs marketing were to re-vamp the approach a little, they could easily boost a little market share. How is up to the marketing dept. If it were me, Id divide a business and play/home style ad campaign and start there. One side you show the actual productivity aspect. WHERE it would be better for most business people. On the other side, you show the gaming, and hate saying (but is what it is) the apps- we are trying to capture that young crowd (even if YOU think apps are not a big deal, millions of common users will tell you otherwise and sales numbers will back it). Show how much faster the KB is on the Z10. That feature alone has sold people I work with....

Sorry for the rant, as much as I do believe in BB and their new OS. I do feel they are kind of shorting themselves a little on trying to grasp the audience. My only other thought is the same as a couple other members here have mentioned....
    They are fixing bugs, and trying to get some apps onboard before a bigger "push" ?
    04-21-13 06:01 PM
    As far as banners and displays in the carrier stores, who creates that material? Dies the carrier create it or does BlackBerry create it and send to the carriers?
    04-21-13 06:36 PM
    I just want to say that although Blackberry thinks it's a good idea to bring your Z10 into the pool, I on the other hand would suggest not doing it
    BlackBerry marketing, promotions and lack of interest in the US-img_00000546.jpg
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    04-21-13 06:49 PM
31 12