I can't imagine there is an embargo as the phone was announced 3 months ago already. Have you guys gotten review units yet? I am seriously considering preordering the Q10 but I need to know there aren't any deal breakers before I go ahead and spend the money vs just getting the Z10 now.
    jimmyjyc and freedomx20a like this.
    04-19-13 10:39 PM
    This might be the phone that makes me return the BB family. I dunno.

Bold 9000-> Torch 9800->Torch 9810 ->BOLD 9000 restored ->BOLD 9790->Lumia 900 ->S4 or Q10 ????

I know they are very different phones but I kinda wanted to try Andriod for once...but dam the Q10 calling to me.

TBH i'm leaning towards the Q10 since I picked up my friends S3 last week at a games night party at her house and I couldn't type...not for the usually reasons you think...it was SUPER LAGGING. I would push a letter and it wouldnt show up, so after 10 or so letters all I typed was gibberish.

I asked why is ur phone lagging? she said I dunno it does that sometimes. Got me thinking hmm i wonder if S4 will do this???
    Last edited by freedomx20a; 04-19-13 at 11:15 PM. Reason: forgot to put a ? after Q10
    04-19-13 11:14 PM

Bold 9000-> Torch 9800->Torch 9810 ->BOLD 9000 restored ->BOLD 9790->Lumia 900 ->S4 or Q10 ????

I know they are very different phones but I kinda wanted to try Andriod for once...but dam the Q10 calling to me.

TBH i'm leaning towards the Q10 since I picked up my friends S3 last week at a games night party at her house and I couldn't type...not for the usually reasons you think...it was SUPER LAGGING. I would push a letter and it wouldnt show up, so after 10 or so letters all I typed was gibberish.

I asked why is ur phone lagging? she said I dunno it does that sometimes. Got me thinking hmm i wonder if S4 will do this???
    That has got to be a problem that your friend created on her personal S3. Most of my colleagues have either an S3 or an iPhone, none of which have laggy typing like what you are describing.

I have a Droid DNA and I have never had any keyboard lag. It is pretty hard to get a 1.5ghz quad core phone with 2GB of RAM to slow down and lag at all. I doubt the Galaxy S4 will have any lag being that it is a 1.7ghz quad core processor with 2GB of RAM. Based on all of the reviews for the S4 and the HTC One, it appears that neither lags at all.

Also, if you are wondering why a Droid DNA person is typing on the Q10 forums, it is because Blackberry holds a special spot in my heart, so I still like to keep up with them.

Hopefully I win that nice free Q10 that Kevin has up on the main page so I can try out the physical keyboard.
    04-20-13 09:03 AM
    I bet it will be published on release day.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-20-13 10:50 AM
    I bet it will be published on release day.

Posted via CB10
    There is no release day. It depends on the carrier and country.
    04-20-13 02:14 PM

I've experienced this myself on many an android devices so it can't be that isolated.

As for the review it will come just before the initial launch I think. There is an embargo on reviews currently I'm sure of that.

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-20-13 02:59 PM
    They most likely have received testing units already... it'll be released when NDA is lifted.
    fragment137 likes this.
    04-20-13 03:46 PM
    There is no release day. It depends on the carrier and country.
    Whatever carrier country combo releases first then lol

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:29 PM
    Well, there have been plenty of leaks already and given that the phone has already been officially announced, there aren't really any surprises left.

But just like how they "didn't get a Z10 before the BB10 launch" and somehow were able to post a full review with pictures the moment they announced the phone.
    They also have not gotten a Q10 but rest assured they will have a Q10 full review the day the first carrier releases the phone.
    spike12 likes this.
    04-20-13 08:42 PM
    That has got to be a problem that your friend created on her personal S3. Most of my colleagues have either an S3 or an iPhone, none of which have laggy typing like what you are describing.

I have a Droid DNA and I have never had any keyboard lag. It is pretty hard to get a 1.5ghz quad core phone with 2GB of RAM to slow down and lag at all. I doubt the Galaxy S4 will have any lag being that it is a 1.7ghz quad core processor with 2GB of RAM. Based on all of the reviews for the S4 and the HTC One, it appears that neither lags at all.

Also, if you are wondering why a Droid DNA person is typing on the Q10 forums, it is because Blackberry holds a special spot in my heart, so I still like to keep up with them.

Hopefully I win that nice free Q10 that Kevin has up on the main page so I can try out the physical keyboard.

I did consider this...because I've never seen that kind of lag before. Keyboard type lag. Like Wow! But it has me curious. She is not a hardcore phone person. Its jsut her husband is korean and works for samsung. Their whole house is samsung.
    04-20-13 08:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:44 PM
    That's cryptic....

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:58 PM
    The review posts have been written already and as soon as BlackBerry releases the q10, it'll be a flood gate of Q10 related posts at CrackBerry. Trust me.

Post via CB Z10
    04-20-13 11:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which post are you winking at lol?
    04-20-13 11:24 PM
    But just like how they "didn't get a Z10 before the BB10 launch" and somehow were able to post a full review with pictures the moment they announced the phone.
    They also have not gotten a Q10 but rest assured they will have a Q10 full review the day the first carrier releases the phone.
    The Crackberry team is amazing..... they break the space/time continuum!
    04-20-13 11:57 PM
    Reviews, unless 110% positive, could negatively affect preorders or even get someone to prematurely choose something else.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    Shoryuken likes this.
    04-21-13 12:10 AM
    I couldn't wait and I ended up getting the Z10 today
    04-21-13 03:04 PM
    I bet Kevin posted that ON his Q10!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:43 PM
    I'm strangely tempted by the Q10, despite it having a smaller screen. Also I'm certain that I could type much faster on a virtual keyboard compared to physical.

Battery life is one, with increased capacity and the use of dark theme on OLED.

The always on keyboard also meant that there is no need to hit the search icon before typing. I like how you can just type in home screen to search. Like on older BBOS devices. Type and Go could be really awesome in this instance. Type and Go has the potential to be a killer feature when eventually BlackBerry release the api to developer. Same goes for hub integration as well. Keyboard shortcuts are very useful as well.

I don't really use much apps. The only game that i'm really addicted to Super Hexagon, has said that they are planning to support the game on Q10. Playing the game on physical buttons could be great.

Though I'm not a fan of the design as I find it too similar to the 9900 it just seem a little out of place. If you noticed, ever since PlayBook, the BlackBerry logo has been moved to the bottom of the screen. But strangely the Q10 kept it at the top like on older BlackBerry.

But still I will leave my decision until I played with it myself. To see if I can live with it. Can't wait for the launch, and of course, Crackberry's review of the device.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:57 PM
    The lag with the s3, is because your friend enabled power save mode. Two of my friends have s3 and note 2. It became extremely laggy. They both realised they enabled power saving mode lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:30 AM
    Just wondering how safe everything is gonna be on the q10? since not using BIS server anymore? Anyone can give me some technical answers to this question? Cheers
    04-22-13 09:15 AM
    BIS really just added another vector to exploit if you were using third party services like Gmail. SMTP via the Internet isn't all that secure anyway. BES makes sense to help better secure internal corporate communication though.

04-22-13 01:39 PM
    I couldn't wait and I ended up getting the Z10 today
    Congrats!
    04-22-13 04:01 PM
    BIS really just added another vector to exploit if you were using third party services like Gmail. SMTP via the Internet isn't all that secure anyway. BES makes sense to help better secure internal corporate communication though.

What do you mean? btw. why is there still a blackberry logo on the screen in BB10?
    04-22-13 11:12 PM
    I did consider this...because I've never seen that kind of lag before. Keyboard type lag. Like Wow! But it has me curious. She is not a hardcore phone person. Its jsut her husband is korean and works for samsung. Their whole house is samsung.
    Probably a defect they got for free......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-23-13 06:03 PM
26 12