just wondering how much more data will be used on the 10 OS .... I have a Curve now and 19 days in to my 30 day billing period I have used
    30 MB of data used , and I think that about 10 MBs were used on wifi .... my plan is a 500 MB limit .... and usually I use the phone on wifi quite a bit more
    a bit more than I have this month .... I understand that data will not be compressed on the 10 .... I would say that I get about 10 emails a day ...
    would appreciate any help from people that have used the Z10 and what they have experienced
    04-19-13 09:46 PM
    I used to put on 200-300mb a month on my 9900, now on the z10 around d 700-1000mb. This is because the browser is so much better you tend to browse more.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:17 PM
    so I take it that you are higher just because you browse more and not just because of the actual OS change ?
    04-19-13 10:22 PM
    Well I still use a Legacy Blackberry but I guess it's almost the same with the iPhone. I currently use about 50 mb out of my 500mb capacity and when I use the iphone with the same sim card, it consumes about 180mb monthly. It would probably use around 500 mininum, but I'm careful with data usage and I try to be on WI FI whenever it's possible. (Heavy user here) I mostly do texting, a lot of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and occasional browsing. Try to not watch videos to save data. Probably a 1GB data plan would be enough, depends on how you use your phone.
    04-19-13 10:35 PM
    You'll probably use at least five times more.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-20-13 01:16 AM
    You'll probably use at least five times more.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    True but that's without using the phone 5 times more, after a while I found myself using less afraid of extra charges, that happened in the end anyway lol
    04-20-13 01:47 AM
    Much like the z10 data compression is a thing of the past so you can expect an increase in data usage. This ain't your grandma's blackberry lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:16 AM
    With my old BlackBerry I used 50 MB a month. I use my phone for work. This is my second month with my Z10 and in my first month my wife and I used bb video 3-4 times briefly (2-3 minutes each time) off wi-fi. I also find I am using the phone more (is just a great phone) . My bill showed just over 500 MB at the end of the month.

Now 1/2 way through my second month, and we have used my phone and BB video quite a bit more (family health emergency) and I'm at 560 MB.

Bottom line I think it depends on what else you use that uses data also. (streaming, down loading etc)

Sorry couldn't be of more help. Hopefully someone else will have more information.

Try to use wi fi as much as possible. Have a Great Day.
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    cooboo likes this.
    04-20-13 11:29 AM
    well I dont stream videos off wifi and dont download songs , and I dont do Facebook or Instagram , so I am hoping even though the data may be 3-4 X more I will still be under 500 MB on the network
    04-20-13 12:07 PM
    well I dont stream videos off wifi and dont download songs , and I dont do Facebook or Instagram , so I am hoping even though the data may be 3-4 X more I will still be under 500 MB on the network
    Lol, and why have a smartphone you can't do anything with it unless you have Wifi available everywhere or you start paying more for your communications?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:19 PM
    well I use it for emails and texting and bbm and occasional browsing when necessary, lol at people that buy phones to play games and watch movies , I believe a laptop or tablet takes care of that very nicely
    luddite2 and Jake Storm like this.
    04-20-13 12:25 PM
    It's a combination hat the browser is better and that data is no longer compressed. You will definitely be using more than you currently are, quite a bit more I think.

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-20-13 03:01 PM
    I started off really worried on my Z10, so I never browsed.

Then I realized it wasn't bad and now get around 600mb a month.

Only way to know is to consistently monitor your usage early on.
    04-20-13 03:06 PM
    well I use it for emails and texting and bbm and occasional browsing when necessary, lol at people that buy phones to play games and watch movies , I believe a laptop or tablet takes care of that very nicely
    Precisely.

I just need a phone to be a phone. Occasionally, I need access to the internet away from home when I need some information immediately. It is often just to find out what restaurants are around me in an unfamiliar location. Sometimes I would like to find out the traffic report before getting on the freeway heading home and finding myself stuck in stop and go traffic. Sometimes if a store does not have an item in stock I would like to check other stores before wasting gasoline with a search and hunt. There are a variety of other reasons why I would need access to the internet. I have no compulsion to entertain myself with my phone.

I say "would" because I do not have a smartphone. I currently have a four-year-old LG Glance. I have not been able to justify the added cost of data for the rare occasion that I need access to the internet. I also like having to charge my phone only every couple of weeks. I have often relied on my other half for the information I need at that moment but it isn't always convenient when they are at another location and unavailable. Since we will soon be moving to a data share plan I will get a smartphone and I am aiming for the new Blackberry 10.
    Last edited by luddite2; 04-20-13 at 04:00 PM.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    04-20-13 03:41 PM
    Might just be me but I went from 250 mb on my 9900 to now 2.5 gb on the Z10. Mostly because I love using the phone

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 06:48 PM