It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was much better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    Last edited by kanyeezy1; 04-20-13 at 01:32 PM.
    mset, ihys, rdifiori and 42 others like this.
    04-19-13 08:44 PM
    Mine doesn't seem to restart unless I restart it in purpose

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:46 PM
    Agree with everything you said.
    04-19-13 08:47 PM
    Doesn't matter what year it is...when something is BRAND new, it will have issues.

Video games launch with issues, computer OS' launch with issues, cars launch with issues.
    04-19-13 08:54 PM
    Apple called, your cheque is ready.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:55 PM
    I disagree. There's nothing really "new" about the smartphone industry. They added software features, but the technology has been around forever now. Elementary issues that are known to the Z10 now simply should not happen. It's like purchasing a TV and automatically turns off, nobody cares that it is the first Toshiba GK3948, don't sell me a TV with issues PERIOD.
    Doesn't matter what year it is...when something is BRAND new, it will have issues.

Video games launch with issues, computer OS' launch with issues, cars launch with issues.
    04-19-13 08:57 PM
    Speak for yourself, but not for all.
    Not everyone is having the problems you describe so stop speaking for everyone. For everyone of you who hate their device, there are thousands of others who love it so please close the door on your way out...
    Think Apple is impervious to problems?
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    Posted via CB10
    Umm. Mine has been issue free since I got it. Hmm...

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. There's nothing really "new" about the smartphone industry. They added software features, but the technology has been around forever now. Elementary issues that are known to the Z10 now simply should not happen. It's like purchasing a TV and automatically turns off, nobody cares that it is the first Toshiba GK3948, don't sell me a TV with issues PERIOD.
    If this were a BlackBerry Bold 9900 launch and issues like this were happening, then ya, big problem.

But when the OS is a baby, it won't be perfect.

Would you get mad if your baby started crying?
    04-19-13 09:00 PM
    Rocking this phone since 7 weeks without any problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:01 PM
    good argument.... I hate nothing more than Apple and it's basic, made-for-little-girls products but THEY WORK.

Posted via CB10
    MERCDROID and JeepBB like this.
    04-19-13 09:02 PM
    I'm having no issues with mine and those on T-Mo (and Canadians) seem to not be having restart issues. Which suggests to me, it may be carrier related. That aside, my last Android was certainly not first generation and it had plenty of "quirks". Personally I have not used nor had to use that excuse with the Z10. It's been great.
    snarlybear, seacan2 and bigbmc26 like this.
    04-19-13 09:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Stop it, BlackSheep.

OP, while you are frustrated, the fact is that these phones are being mass produced by people who are basically slave labor. EACH phone make has issues out of the can. Yes, you should hold BlackBerry accountable. There is a correlation of random restarts to Verizon but the important thing to note is that NOT ALL devices reboot. There are either batches being made incorrectly by said slave laborers or a certain batch of components used in the phone are broken. We don't know. My sympathies and while BlackBerry can't oversee every. single. device. they are the ones ultimately responsible. I don't know how much you should blame them but they take responsibility, it is their product.
    04-19-13 09:04 PM
    I am Canadian and on my second Z10 from two different carriers
    I'm having no issues with mine and those on T-Mo (and Canadians) seem to not be having restart issues. Which suggests to me, it may be carrier related. That aside, my last Android was certainly not first generation and it had plenty of "quirks". Personally I have not used nor had to use that excuse with the Z10. It's been great.
    04-19-13 09:06 PM
    It depends on what you're using the 1st gen argument for.

If there are bugs in the software, or some new form of technology being used, then saying it's 1st gen would be valid. But if it's missing key features or functions that competitors have, then it's no excuse.
    First of kanye likes blackberrys.Secondly at least be original with a user name jeez.

You come looking for help??.But go on some useless ramble.Do you want help?? This aint the way to go about it.Many dont have these issues you talk of.Im from UK we have first batch of Z10s mines been working fine ever since I turned it on feb 2nd.

Many have transfered from your iphone/android and are very happy with the switch and have no issues.If you are having issues with your phone look aroudn the forum ask for help attention seeking titles will get you answered and pretty much flamed.Im just cool right now so i'll keep it calm this time.

If no one has answers then clearer something is wrong with your handset on an OS level might need upgrading or just in general defect model take your complaint to the shop there's no answers here.Many have not had problems and by looks of post all complaints coming from america side.I dont know what your carriers do to phones with their ''testing'' over there blocking settings,bloatware and such but its messed up alot of Z10s for some of you.I suggest you look for some information if nothing found take your complaint to phone shop and your networks.

Im out.
    seacan2 and der_mit like this.
    I think being a frustrated customer he should be able to vent his frustration without being labelled a fanboy of the competitor. I think that instead of defending BB, maybe everyone should get together and figure out how to make the system better. Let BB know what�s going they seem to have alot of "love" for Crackberry.
    rdifiori, AndrLo, Etios and 8 others like this.
    04-19-13 09:07 PM
    Stop it, BlackSheep.

OP, while you are frustrated, the fact is that these phones are being mass produced by people who are basically slave labor. EACH phone make has issues out of the can. Yes, you should hold BlackBerry accountable. There is a correlation of random restarts to Verizon but the important thing to note is that NOT ALL devices reboot. There are either batches being made incorrectly by said slave laborers or a certain batch of components used in the phone are broken. We don't know. My sympathies and while BlackBerry can't oversee every. single. device. they are the ones ultimately responsible. I don't know how much you should blame them but they take responsibility, it is their product.
    Thank you, one of few people on here with reason and who is not a blind follower. Simply take responsibility for your broken product. Also, I'm not on Verizon or even in the U.S. I have so far tried two different Z10s from two different Canadian carriers - exactly the same issue on both.
    04-19-13 09:07 PM
    good argument.... I hate nothing more than Apple and it's basic, made-for-little-girls products but THEY WORK.
    My iPhone 4 home key randomly does not work. My coworker's iPhone 4s is having the same issue. It's driving her nuts, but she's sticking it out. I gave up.

I really wish "THEY WORK", unfortunately I have to reboot the iPhone every time I want to close an app. Maybe I am "holding it wrong"?

No phone is perfect, even on the 4th generation...

Posted via CB10
    web99, Vince33, seacan2 and 4 others like this.
    04-19-13 09:08 PM
    First of kanye likes blackberrys.Secondly at least be original with a user name jeez.

You come looking for help??.But go on some useless ramble.Do you want help?? This aint the way to go about it.Many dont have these issues you talk of.Im from UK we have first batch of Z10s mines been working fine ever since I turned it on feb 2nd.

Many have transfered from your iphone/android and are very happy with the switch and have no issues.If you are having issues with your phone look aroudn the forum ask for help attention seeking titles will get you answered and pretty much flamed.Im just cool right now so i'll keep it calm this time.

If no one has answers then clearer something is wrong with your handset on an OS level might need upgrading or just in general defect model take your complaint to the shop there's no answers here.Many have not had problems and by looks of post all complaints coming from america side.I dont know what your carriers do to phones with their ''testing'' over there blocking settings,bloatware and such but its messed up alot of Z10s for some of you.I suggest you look for some information if nothing found take your complaint to phone shop and your networks.

Im out.
    Are you OK? my user name? that is of concern to you? OK, I forgot my password for my original account so I made one with same name and added the number 1, because after looking information on BB10 right before buying I didn't think I'd need to be back here looking for solutions. The rest of your post requires no reply, unfortunately.
    04-19-13 09:10 PM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    It's not a 1st generation os or device. Anyone with a playbook can confirm that.
    04-19-13 09:12 PM
    I don't have issues. I just have niggles. Niggles I live with knowing they will be resolved at some point in the future.

Sounds to me like the OP is just looking for excuses.

Posted via CB10
    R Field and seacan2 like this.
    I am Canadian and on my second Z10 from two different carriers
    I know this is a serious discussion, but did anyone else say those first three words in their head like it was in a beer commercial? :P
    I think being a frustrated customer he should be able to vent his frustration without being labelled a fanboy of the competitor. I think that instead of defending BB, maybe everyone should get together and figure out how to make the system better. Let BB know what�s going they seem to have alot of "love" for Crackberry.
    People on here don't seem to get that, I LOVE BlackBerry, I was an intern there for a summer and loved it, I want nothing for them other than to succeed, but people on here need to stop being sheep and help push BlackBerry to find solutions, it is more than clear that thousands of people have been having problems, people using "my phone works fine" as an argument doesn't change the fact that COUNTLESS others are having reboot issues.
    No reboot issue here except once cause of an app called zodiac horoscope when I closed it the device rebooted, so I deleted the app and never had a reboot since or before that.

I have had phone since feb 12th 2013

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-19-13 09:14 PM
395 123 ...