BlackBerry World - Noted ($1.99)

Noted, a classic style memo pad replacement for BB10-screen1.png
    Noted, a classic style memo pad replacement for BB10-screen2.png
    Noted, a classic style memo pad replacement for BB10-screen3.png
    Noted, a classic style memo pad replacement for BB10-screen4.png

Here's the feature list:

* Native BlackBerry 10 app, built using Cascades
    * Swipe to save
    * Note categories: Work, Personal and Miscellaneous help you organize your information
    * Share notes over BBM
    * Sorts and groups notes into alphabetical sections
    * Localized into Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and French

I just localized it into German last night as well. Anyway, if you're looking for a polished memo pad app, I do hope you'll give mine a try.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Carterbits; 03-08-14 at 09:04 AM.
    04-19-13 07:50 AM
    Looks like something I can use. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:25 AM
    Looks pretty nice. I have a some questions.
    1. Are Personal, Work, Misc the only top categories? Is there a plan to allow someone to add more?
    2. I see the text from the note shows up in the list. How much of the text is visible? (e.g. Currently you only have one line of items in the grocery list so that's all we see in the alphabetized list. But what if you had 20 items going down?
    04-20-13 08:08 PM
    Looks pretty nice. I have a some questions.
    1. Are Personal, Work, Misc the only top categories? Is there a plan to allow someone to add more?
    2. I see the text from the note shows up in the list. How much of the text is visible? (e.g. Currently you only have one line of items in the grocery list so that's all we see in the alphabetized list. But what if you had 20 items going down?
    Thanks for the questions.

1. At the moment, those are the only categories. I can add category customization to my list of features for v2.

2. The list subtitle will show approximately 56 characters from the first line of the note body. It doesn't display text beyond the first line though. I could change it to display text from more than the first line, up to 56 characters.

If you read my reviews you'll see that I keep adding new features as people download and email me at the support email :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:55 AM
    Looks nice.. wondering if there is any feature when the app is minimised to an active frame?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:59 AM
    Looks nice.. wondering if there is any feature when the app is minimised to an active frame?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, it doesn't at present. Did you have something specific in mind? Maybe like displaying the last opened note?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:05 AM
    Hmm, it doesn't at present. Did you have something specific in mind? Maybe like displaying the last opened note?

Posted via CB10
    No too sure, but I find many apps don't take advantage of the "Active" feature of Active Frames. Also, in my opinion, the apps that default to an icon style active frame such as BlackBerry Remember, etc look horrible when in Active Frame. Looks too simplistic and not very dynamic.

I think anything you can do to make the Noted app useful when in Active Frame would be a huge plus. Would certainly pick it up.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:05 AM
    No too sure, but I find many apps don't take advantage of the "Active" feature of Active Frames. Also, in my opinion, the apps that default to an icon style active frame such as BlackBerry Remember, etc look horrible when in Active Frame. Looks too simplistic and not very dynamic.

I think anything you can do to make the Noted app useful when in Active Frame would be a huge plus. Would certainly pick it up.

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate the feedback.

I just did a little testing and found that the default behavior is to display what the user was last doing, so if a note is open, it displays that, if the list is open, it displays the list, etc.

So the default is fairly useful. It definitely doesn't just minimize to the app icon. Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:20 AM
    K.. will give your app a shot!

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits likes this.
    04-22-13 09:34 AM
    K.. will give your app a shot!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I hope you like it. :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 06:43 PM
    German translation version was released on blackberry world today.

I also got a request to add email integration. I'm 99% done with that code and plan to submit this update soon. Keep the feature requests coming!

Posted via CB10
    DanceHike likes this.
    04-23-13 07:31 PM
    German translation version was released on blackberry world today.

I also got a request to add email integration. I'm 99% done with that code and plan to submit this update soon. Keep the feature requests coming!

Posted via CB10
    how about making the share list include more than BBM?
    what about dropbox integration or added to share feature or save to?
    04-23-13 10:46 PM
    how about making the share list include more than BBM?
    what about dropbox integration or added to share feature or save to?
    Just added email sharing, this will be in the next version.

Dropbox integration... that's interesting. let me check out their api. I've not done anything in that space before, but I'll look into it :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:23 PM
    This is fantastic, man! Is there a way where you could write into this app the capability of sharing via SMS, MMS, or e-mail? That would really bring this app around full-circle if it were possible to do that (as well as a note searching option for heavy note takers).

Keep up the good work!
    Carterbits likes this.
    04-23-13 11:29 PM
    This is fantastic, man! Is there a way where you could write into this app the capability of sharing via SMS, MMS, or e-mail? That would really bring this app around full-circle if it were possible to do that (as well as a note searching option for heavy note takers).

Keep up the good work!
    Email sharing code is done. Working on text sharing now.

I'm planning to do search in version 2.0

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:21 AM
    Active developers like yourself are why I'm excited about BlackBerry 10 (and the Z10 I soon plan to purchase). Hopefully, thousands more developers like yourself are inspired to establish BB10 as a respectable OS with a very app-friendly environment.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    04-24-13 12:29 AM
    Thanks for the work.

Post via CB Z10
    04-24-13 12:32 AM
    Thanks to all you who are downloading my app and giving me a chance at success on this platform! Each download really makes a difference for me.

I'm encouraged by the participation in this thread and the great reviews people are leaving in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:47 AM
    Nice looking app. A lot of people want at task app like this to be able to sync with their PC Outlook tasks, is that a difficult thing to add? Also an easy thing to do, and something I would like, is to be able to choose a black or white background.
    Last edited by Edward in Toronto; 06-19-13 at 03:55 PM.
    04-24-13 06:03 PM
    Nice looking app. A look of people love having at task app like this able to sync with their PC Outlook tasks, is that a difficult thing to add? Also an easy thing to do, and something I would like, is to be able to choose a black or white background.
    I could look into the outlook api for notes, this isn't actually a tasks app :-)

As for the background, do you mean black fields and white text in the Edit screen?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:45 AM
    I could look into the outlook api for notes, this isn't actually a tasks app :-)

As for the background, do you mean black fields and white text in the Edit screen?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I prefer a white background with dark text.
    04-25-13 11:19 AM
    Oh, it's not free?
    04-26-13 11:41 AM
    So I got a little carried away with the next version. I'm building in a settings menu so you can enable / disable prompts as well as the email sharing request which is 100% done now.

Right now I'm working on a workaround to a limitation of the cascades listview control with the display of the description field. If the string assigned contains new lines, the control won't display it. I'm thinking of comma separating the lines of a note body (just for the display in the note list), which is what is displayed by the listview as the description field.

I thought I'd ask for feedback while I'm finishing this version up for release. :-)

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 11:24 AM
    Great job so far.. some possible features I'd like to see if possible...

1) ability to attach a voice note/record a voice note to the current note being taken, and other media like pics and video.
    2) ability to use different colours and highlighting
    3) set and attach reminders/alarms to the note, so it can act as a "Hey.. you need to continue working on this etc..."

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 01:50 PM
    Ok, so the next version is code complete. I'm "eating my own cooking" now, running it on my Z10 to make sure it's solid before I release it. Here's the tentative change log:

*Share via any installed plain text sharing invocation provider: BBM, email, SMS, Whatsapp, etc.

*Settings menu lets you set whether to prompt for Delete and Cancel actions

*Multiline note body text is now displayed in the list description (Cascades bug workaround)

*Opening a note after deleting another works (Cascades bug workaround)

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:32 AM
185 123 ...