I know there is a bunch of battery complaining threads out there, so I thought I just show a picture of my day's history. It's been 14 hours since I took it off the charger and judge for yourself. Maybe show us yours ?
    My Battery at the end of a day.-img_00000107.png

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:27 PM
    That's exactly the life I usually get.

Posted via the all mighty Z10
    04-18-13 09:38 PM
    I wake up at 6 am go to work from 7 am to 3 pm, after that i go to college to 8 pm and when i go home i still have an average 20% or 30% charge on my phone.

I use bbm, whatsapp,cb10 app, fb, twitter, instagram usually just to check it and i have 2 email accounts and i do some surf on the net and play music.

I cannot understand how people get less than 8 hours from this phone!

Model stl100-1 on hspa+ orange dominicana software 10.0.10.99

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:52 PM
    My Z10 lasted for 27 hours and still had 18% left when I plugged it in.

Approx 25 minutes of calls, some texts, a lot of e-mail, RSS, forums & social media, a bit of browsing. Screen brightness about 50%, no Whatsapp, BBM, games or Android, GPS & BlueTooth off, 3G (HSPA+) with excellent coverage, STL100-1 with 10.0.10.99 on Vodafone.
    04-18-13 10:46 PM
    I'm not really complaining about my battery life, I mean I get just about a full work day's use out of it, but how are you guys getting over 12 hours with 20% or more, left?

I work in IT, and I get a lot of emails, I use the browser and wifi a lot to get to my ticket system, some twitter, some fb, texts and a handful of phone calls. I'm at 20% or less around 10 hours after I take my Z10 off the charger. I live in a LTE area, but it's not available where I work. I'm also on AT&T, so I don't have the option to drop down from LTE to 3G manually. I know that is dome of the culprit. I don't keep any active frames, an old habit from my older BlackBerry devices, when I'm done using it I make sure it gets closed.

I've gone through the battery saving article and made my adjustments, but I'm just curious what other factors play into the battery life?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:50 PM
    I'm also on att and have tried every tip for my battery and can still only get 6-7 hours of moderate use. No games, music etc...just business. My phone will get over 100 degrees doing emails. Do your phones get this hot?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:07 AM
    I've gone through the battery saving article and made my adjustments, but I'm just curious what other factors play into the battery life?
    Some important factors as far as I know (but I'm not an expert) are:

• The screen backlight - turn down brightness, make sure it's not switching on accidentally in your pocket
    • GPS - known to consume a lot of juice on other devices, haven't seen the effect on Z10 first-hand yet though
    • Cellular network hunting - if your signal strength is low, the device will keep hunting for a stronger network
    • Background tasks, especially badly programmed ones. Note that currently only system tasks and apps running in the Android runtime can do this unless the app is open. These can be divided into two categories:
      1. tasks that have frequent timers and prevent the cpu from going to a low-power mode
      2. tasks that keep polling network services, waking up the radio stacks

• Mobile hotspot - seems to use a lot of juice.
    • Frequent or large Dropbox/Box syncs - keeps radios, cpu and storage awake
    • Virus scanners, backup services, port scanners, trojans or other tasks running on the wifi network that (try to) access your phone via wifi (Android malware perhaps?)

Note that the power management on mobile devices is very different to desktops. The CPU will switch to low power mode hundreds of times per second, even when the screen is on.

Get yourself Battery Guru and experiment with switching various services on/off. In standby, on battery and doing nothing your power reading should be about -0.1W.
    Serkle K likes this.
    04-19-13 04:25 AM
    I use the same Model and Software as you but have never gotten past 8 hours. This is with WiFi, GPS, and bluetooth off. My screen is usually set to the lowest dim. I BBM, WhatsApp, tweet, browse the net a lot. I listen to music once in a while. My battery gets super hot usually around midday or around 9am, then my battery goes to oblivion.
    04-19-13 05:31 AM
    I'm also on att and have tried every tip for my battery and can still only get 6-7 hours of moderate use. No games, music etc...just business. My phone will get over 100 degrees doing emails. Do your phones get this hot?

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 drains in 4 hours just sitting there not being used. Not impressed so far, too many issues especially the garbled email that no one seems to care about
    04-19-13 05:35 AM
    Like with any smartphones nowadays, the main enemy of battery drain is background task. It could be the WiFi constantly looking for a signal (I noticed that at the office we had 5 WiFi networks but I had access to none of them so my phone was constantly connecting and disconnecting) or it could be active sync issues.

I easily get 10 hours + now in medium usage.

My Battery at the end of a day.-img_00000316.png

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 05:51 AM
    Looks like mine. About 14 hours.
    04-19-13 06:56 AM
    During standby, I see about a 1.5% drain per hour. If my Z10 doesn't get used much, like on the weekend, it will still be over half full at the end of the day.

During regular use, I'm seeing about a 10% hourly drain. Emails, BBM, CrackBerry, Blaq, and thee like. This is on par with my Note 2. If I were to do this constantly, without letting the device go to sleep, I would expect it to last about nine hours before it starts complaining.

During heavy use, like playing GPU intensive games (Need for Speed), or running GPS apps, running a lot of apps at the same time and multiple BBM group conversations simultaneously, I see approximately a 20% drain. I don't expect to run more than four or five hours with the GPS running.

On a normal day, I'll average about 20 minutes of use per hour, maybe more during lunch and in the evening. An hour easily goes by once I get on CrackBerry. At the end of the day, I'll have 20-30% left, although I have had a few days where it has dropped below 10%. It easily makes it 12-14+ hours each day.

About the only thing I've changed is the Network Technology setting for my network. I'm on T-Mobile and was noticing that it would drop to EDGE quite often. LTE isn't in our area yet, so I set my network settings to HSPA+/UMTS, turning off LTE and GSM. Since doing that, I'm on 4G all the time when away from wifi.

I'm also on wifi most of the day. I'm on wifi at home, and my desk sits about ten feet from the access point when working.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:21 AM
    This is pretty much exactly how mine runs and what kind of drain different usages have. I was on Face flow the other Sunday and THAT manages to hammer the battery down about 20% in a little over half an hour. And the device gets really warm then also. I observed over 3 Watts of drain when using Faveflow.
    BBM Video is not far behind.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:42 AM
    Don't assume because your phone lasts all day then every phone will. My phone was great for six weeks and overnight went to using a watt on standby. This kills the device in about 5 hours. After trying several things suggested here a os reinstall without restore solved the issue. Battery drain is real and it sucks.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:21 AM
    I don't know how people get more than 12 hours on moderate use when I can barely get 10. I get about 12 when I don't use it while I'm at work for 9 grueling hours of the day.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:28 AM
    Okay, so I took the advice of some posts and I downloaded Battery Guru for the Z10. Here is my day today with moderate usage and in a building that gets terrible cell reception.

My Battery at the end of a day.-img_00000278.png

The worst part is the 2 battery drops between the 14th and 15th hour and between the 17th and 18th hour I wasn't using my device at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:03 AM
    Okay, so I took the advice of some posts and I downloaded Battery Guru for the Z10. Here is my day today with moderate usage and in a building that gets terrible cell reception.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000278.png 
Views:	274 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	153021

The worst part is the 2 battery drops between the 14th and 15th hour and between the 17th and 18th hour I wasn't using my device at all.

Posted via CB10
    That is not shabby at all. Over 14 hours as well, if my eyes didn't fool me.
    Especially that you said that the building has crappy reception.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:59 AM
    I'm on at&t and get around 10-12 hrs of moderate use. My big jump from barely getting 8hrs to now getting 10 was turning off push for email, Wi-Fi when not available, and allow gestures when locked.
    04-20-13 08:22 AM
    Great post I get an average a full days use out of my battery.
    04-20-13 08:29 AM
    i get the same sort of battery life if i dont play Color Oil during a slow day at work
    04-20-13 08:53 AM
    Having used a few devices I think the battery life is acceptable, I get about 4-5 hrs from it during a work day, does not lose much overnight and will last pretty well 24 hrs over the weekend.
    I may be a bit of a CrackBerry abuser, I work on the road and don't fire up my laptop email often now. I get over 75 emails a day and talk 1.5 - 2 hrs a day on it.
    I found the battery life to improve with 3G vs lte.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:25 AM
    Having used a few devices I think the battery life is acceptable, I get about 4-5 hrs from it during a work day, does not lose much overnight and will last pretty well 24 hrs over the weekend.
    I may be a bit of a CrackBerry abuser, I work on the road and don't fire up my laptop email often now. I get over 75 emails a day and talk 1.5 - 2 hrs a day on it.
    I found the battery life to improve with 3G vs lte.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds like some heavy use there. Phone calls seem to draw about 1W itself. So about 2 hours with calls probably drops the battery quit a bit.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:42 AM