I'm curious if anyone had tried the HTC one who also owns the Z10. I'm not a big fan of android but man the one looks nice. Not interested in ridiculous arguments here over which phone you prefer, just curious if anyone picked one up since it was released today I think. If be curious to know what you guys think of it and what your thoughts are.
    04-18-13 09:04 PM
    Here's a thread on this... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=796679

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:12 PM
    I've tested them both briefly and will need more time, but IMO the One is the clear winner.

Beautiful screen with great viewing angles, front facing speakers, great camera and Flagship aluminum build. Top it off with Google play store and HTCs Blink Feed and you've got a winner.

Z10 has battery swapping and a good keyboard, but I'm losing faith in its return with the heavy hitters releasing killer devices like this.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    04-18-13 09:17 PM
    Here's a thread on this... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=796679

Posted via CB10
    Oops, sorry didn't see that one. Thanks!
    russworman likes this.
    04-18-13 10:40 PM
    The One is undeniably amazing hardware but for me BB10 as an OS is much superior to Android.

If you want an android get the One, if not get the Z10

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    SDTRMG, 3manek and jrdba like this.
    04-18-13 11:03 PM
    The HTC One is the best Android smartphone available right now, a comparison with the Z10 is difficult since both run on different OS systems. The HTC One display is by far superior to the Z10 display but the 4.7'' screen is a bit too big for my taste, the Z10 smaller display is better for a phone. I still love my iPhone 5 more than I like the Z10 or the HTC One but if I were to choose between the Z10 and the HTC One, the HTC One would be a clear winner for two reasons: Display and apps availability.
    I actually loved the Z10 for the very good reception (better than HTC One or iPhone 5) at first but after the two last firmware updates, I'm on Vodafone Germany, battery life has improved a lot but signal reception quality has decreased in the same amount.
    Today I was at an office with my Z10 and I had only an EDGE data connection with Vodafone. Then, I used my daughter's iPad Mini 3G, I had to install a new mail account for her and surprisingly, I had a solid and fast 3G data connection. Switched to the Z10 again in the same seating position and only EDGE and a very weak signal. Later on, I switched to the iPhone 5 and had 3G too. So the last two firmware updates surely did something bad. I just hope that BB improves signal reception because this was always their strong point.
    I also like the fact that the HTC One does not dim the display automatically, when I set it to the brightest setting, it remains there. Can't do that with the Z10, unfortunately.
    04-19-13 07:42 AM
    The HTC One is the best Android smartphone available right now, a comparison with the Z10 is difficult since both run on different OS systems. The HTC One display is by far superior to the Z10 display but the 4.7'' screen is a bit too big for my taste, the Z10 smaller display is better for a phone. I still love my iPhone 5 more than I like the Z10 or the HTC One but if I were to choose between the Z10 and the HTC One, the HTC One would be a clear winner for two reasons: Display and apps availability.
    I actually loved the Z10 for the very good reception (better than HTC One or iPhone 5) at first but after the two last firmware updates, I'm on Vodafone Germany, battery life has improved a lot but signal reception quality has decreased in the same amount.
    Today I was at an office with my Z10 and I had only an EDGE data connection with Vodafone. Then, I used my daughter's iPad Mini 3G, I had to install a new mail account for her and surprisingly, I had a solid and fast 3G data connection. Switched to the Z10 again in the same seating position and only EDGE and a very weak signal. Later on, I switched to the iPhone 5 and had 3G too. So the last two firmware updates surely did something bad. I just hope that BB improves signal reception because this was always their strong point.
    I also like the fact that the HTC One does not dim the display automatically, when I set it to the brightest setting, it remains there. Can't do that with the Z10, unfortunately.
    Thanks for the info, I might check it out.
    04-19-13 07:51 AM
    Thought about it, But non battery swap and no sd card will never work for me. This gave the Z10 a real utilitarian aspect that I need when I'm on location -- taking tons of pictures and needing to stay "alive" w/o need to plug phone in for extended periods. (One of the main reasons is because every duffus w/an iPhone is always taking up the power outlets to plug their toy in because they cannot swap a battery). I like HTC a lot, but this phone is for urban environment only. But, that's just me.

Also, you might want to check on some of the HTC One forums. Doesn't sound like they're off to a good start. Here's T-mo:
    http://support.t-mobile.com/communit...ssions&start=0
    Last edited by scrannel; 04-19-13 at 08:16 AM.
    04-19-13 07:57 AM
    If I were going to start looking right now I'd hold off for the nexus 5 in November or go nexus 4 now and just kijiji it in November for a nexus 5. Android 5 will be launched in 1 month which will make nexus 4 > anything released this year because HTC and Samsung won't release it until fall or winter at the very earliest

sent from pure android on tapatalk. carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all.
    04-19-13 08:15 AM
    Thought about it, But non battery swap and no sd card will never work for me. This gave the Z10 a real utilitarian aspect that I need when I'm on location -- taking tons of pictures and needing to stay "alive" w/o need to plug phone in for extended periods. (One of the main reasons is because every duffus w/an iPhone is always taking up the power outlets to plug their toy in because they cannot swap a battery). I like HTC a lot, but this phone is for urban environment only. But, that's just me.

Also, you might want to check on some of the HTC One forums. Doesn't sound like they're off to a good start. Here's T-mo:
    Topic: HTC One S Support | T-Mobile
    But that forum is referring to the HTC One S which was released last year I think.
    04-19-13 09:08 AM
    I just got the htc one this past Friday, switching from a z10 I've been using since the last week of February. As many have mentioned, the htc one is a nice looking phone and it feels nice in the hands but at the moment I'm always holding it for dear life not yet confident of it's durability compared to the z10. The UI of the htc one is really nice and it has an overall consistency to it that seems to be well thought out so far. I'm still learning the phone and I find myself trying to use the gestures I've come accustomed to on the z10 and I'm missing many features found on BB10 such as the keyboard, true multitasking, hub, peek and flow. I went with an HTC one because I was given a choice by my carrier to get any phone for free to replace my blacklisted z10 and I've previously had an s3 which made going to s4 less appealing. I didnt get another z10 because the htc one is currently newer and I plan to get the next BB10 flagship phone by the end of the fiscal year. Also I found myself spending too much time with the leaked OSes so I wanted to free up my time but in either case I figured I would be able to sell the htc one and buy a z10 from a confused soul willing to sell a z10 for cheaper. Let's see how long I'll last with the one.
    05-12-13 12:27 PM
    I just got the htc one this past Friday, switching from a z10 I've been using since the last week of February. As many have mentioned, the htc one is a nice looking phone and it feels nice in the hands but at the moment I'm always holding it for dear life not yet confident of it's durability compared to the z10. The UI of the htc one is really nice and it has an overall consistency to it that seems to be well thought out so far. I'm still learning the phone and I find myself trying to use the gestures I've come accustomed to on the z10 and I'm missing many features found on BB10 such as the keyboard, true multitasking, hub, peek and flow. I went with an HTC one because I was given a choice by my carrier to get any phone for free to replace my blacklisted z10 and I've previously had an s3 which made going to s4 less appealing. I didnt get another z10 because the htc one is currently newer and I plan to get the next BB10 flagship phone by the end of the fiscal year. Also I found myself spending too much time with the leaked OSes so I wanted to free up my time but in either case I figured I would be able to sell the htc one and buy a z10 from a confused soul willing to sell a z10 for cheaper. Let's see how long I'll last with the one.
    I've owned both, and I'm going back to the Z10 this week. The One has superior hardware and a better ecosystem, and BB10 is a better OS, in my opinion.

To answer the durability question, my One dropped straight to concrete from 5 feet, and bounced on its face. No damage. It had a thin Cruzerlite XDA Developers case on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-13 12:32 PM
    Just wait for the Motorola X with Android key lime pie 5.0...

It's a game changer phone and the specs and OS are supposed to be further advanced then anything we've seen

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:33 PM

It's a game changer phone and the specs and OS are supposed to be further advanced then anything we've seen

Posted via CB10
    Motorola has always made junk phones, after the RAZR series I said never again.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-12-13 12:40 PM
    How do you use "true multitasking"? In other words in what situations do you miss it. How is Android on the ONe. I am currently using my 4s but my next device can be BB, Android or iOS. My last experience on Android was pretty annoying. Great to tinker with but stuff didn't always work, there was little UI consistency and the performance was janky at times. How is it now? The z10 intrigues me, but as a former webos addict a poor ecosystem is not ideal for me right now. Are there at least suitable replacements for typical app?

iPhone and Tapatalk 2 = Great Stuff
    05-12-13 12:48 PM
    If Android is all there was, I would get HTC One over Samsung, Motorola anyday...

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not according to the newest leaks about Google backing away because it is not innovative enough, coupled with the benchmarks. S4 Pro? 720p? It will be a flop. Google really fluffed that acquisition. They could have bought Nokia for a little more and been better off than they are now.

05-12-13 01:11 PM
    Not according to the newest leaks about Google backing away because it is not innovative enough, coupled with the benchmarks. S4 Pro? 720p? It will be a flop. Google really fluffed that acquisition. They could have bought Nokia for a little more and been better off than they are now.

Well that's interesting, I haven't kept in tune with the newest news for a few weeks. Motorola was my goto phone if blackberry failed to update BB10 with the needed items by this fall. The Motorola X sounded so promising in January... and people can't compare a companies old habits, razor was bad but HTC doesnt update their phones and blackberry... well we all know blackberrys story.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 01:35 PM
    I had an HTC one for about 2 weeks. Good build, front facing speakers were outstanding, aluminum was a very welcome addition, screen size was awesome. I didn't keep because of Android. With Google's new privacy policy and intrusive nature, I'm currently in the process of degoogling my life (email switching is a *****!). Although the HTC one has the best iteration of Android to date, BB10 owns all operating systems hands down.

If blackberry could somehow strike a manufacturing deal with HTC or oppo, I would be in heaven. Ah well, wishful thinking at least.

Posted via CB10
    leejayh likes this.
    05-12-13 01:36 PM
    I've owned both, and I'm going back to the Z10 this week. The One has superior hardware and a better ecosystem, and BB10 is a better OS, in my opinion.

To answer the durability question, my One dropped straight to concrete from 5 feet, and bounced on its face. No damage. It had a thin Cruzerlite XDA Developers case on it.

Thanks. I will look into that case. May I ask why you're going back to the z10?
    05-12-13 01:37 PM
    I am getting an HTC One to replace my Droid Incredible 4GLTE. I keep an Android phone for my job so that I can try all of the Apps out there. I have always been upset about the DINC LTE because of the loose fitting back. Otherwise, it has been great - nearly a dead ringer for the iphone5 in width and height - with removable SD card and replaceable batteries.

When I compare the HTC One to the Z10 - there is no comparison in hardware. HTC makes the best hardware of all manufacturers, hands down. I can not stand any Amoled screens - it is LCD for me or bust (hence, not going with the Q10 either). The aluminum is uber sexy and puts the ibone to shame.

However, from an OS standpoint, BB10 is superior. I can't stand Android. BB10 is fluid, logical, and extremely well integrated. But, you all know that. BB10 and Z10 is my primary driver and hold all my sensitive info.

The other problem is that HTC has aligned themselves with Google and Android. I am with the other poster here who is de-googling his life. I have moved to MSFT Outlook (paid the annual $19 fee and removed all ads and tracking) and will only use 3rd party solutions (Dropbox, Waze, Flipboard, etc.). Google has become too powerful and sells ME just a little too much.

HTC - please get a license from BB and put BB10 on your HTC One (and add back the SD card and removable battery). Now, that would be a dream come true.

Re: Google. Just remember - when you get too much for free - realize that you are the Product.
    05-12-13 01:53 PM
    Thanks. I will look into that case. May I ask why you're going back to the z10?
    Android itself is an OS of too many compromises, and I'm tired of the obsolescence cycle, which is monthly.

05-12-13 01:54 PM
    How do you use "true multitasking"? In other words in what situations do you miss it. How is Android on the ONe. I am currently using my 4s but my next device can be BB, Android or iOS. My last experience on Android was pretty annoying. Great to tinker with but stuff didn't always work, there was little UI consistency and the performance was janky at times. How is it now? The z10 intrigues me, but as a former webos addict a poor ecosystem is not ideal for me right now. Are there at least suitable replacements for typical app?

iPhone and Tapatalk 2 = Great Stuff
    What I use true multitasking for is mainly to satisfy my ADD tendacies, mainly opening tabs in the browser and letting pages load in the background while I finish doing what im doing on a current page and pretty much do whatever I want on the z10 while letting any application finish loading. I do not like waiting. I also failed to mention that I miss the application switcher (ie multitasking pane) on the z10. Much more natural for me to swipe up and switch active frames than to double tap home to list where I do not know if the recent app is still open or just a recent shortcut...if you're experience with android is from the gingerbread flavours then note that going jelly bean is a substantial upgrade from that experience. Specific to HTC one, it uses it's own skin UI called Sense which has a very consistent feel to it. I haven't found myself asking why something was done a certain way yet. It just works and less intrusive compared to touchwiz in my opinion.
    05-12-13 01:54 PM
    Android itself is an OS of too many compromises, and I'm tired of the obsolescence cycle, which is monthly.

Great point. It's a deal with the devil that is hard to let go for many.
    05-12-13 01:59 PM
    The HTC looks like a sweet phone. My friend has bought one I need to play with it a little some day. Regardless how sweet Sense has become, with the blink feed and all. I'm just too tired of Android itself. I've been using the **** out of Android for the last two years. Rooting, flashing, modding... never being happy with how your homescreen looks no matter how nice it is. Android has too much freedom (for me). I can't stop ******* around with it. To the point it makes me feel like a crackhead almost.

It's not only that though. There is just something about Android that does not appeal to me. The way it is built up. It doesn't feel as thought out as other phone OS and much of it feels slapped on as an afterthought. It probably looks like a cluster**** beneath the hood by now. Introducing Project Butter with Android 4.1, a thing that should had been implemented from the very beginning and even high-up Google employes stated Android always had been hardware-accelerated blah blah. Then comes Project Butter. Which made things better but still not perfect. Android feels like a resource hog by itself.

OS's like BB, iOS, Windows Phone all feel like they have a stronger image so to say. They know what they wanted and want to do with the OS. Android feels more like "lets add this lets add that, oh we forgot that can we do that now...".

Don't get me wrong. I have really enjoyed Android and I like it for what it is. I have noticed lately though that it is not for me. BB is the shiznit for me now.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-12-13 02:23 PM
69 123