Since two weeks I got a white z10 from Vodafone Germany. No issues so far. Everything works apart from blackberry world and BBM since two days. BUT I got serious problems with battery life. Drainage of 20% in just over 40min of actual usage. Only firing of some SMS. Nothing else! Also I'm experiencing heat on the back of the phone without really Pushing it to its limits. I'm really passed off, as I ADORE the z10 and BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:53 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Have you tried changing the settings to conserve battery?

Don't feel like you're alone, I took my phone off the charger at 10 : 20 am and right now it's at 55%. All I did was text and browse instagram, twitter, crackberry, and send about 10 pictures to a friend on whatsapp. It's been 2 hours for gods sake.

Posted via CB10
    p0lar bear and bigbikeguy like this.
    04-18-13 11:58 AM
    You need to reconfigure location access for all the apps. I was experiencing exact same problems (heat, battery life) as described. After turning off unnecessary permission access for location services, the heat issue is gone and battery life is very impressive.
    p0lar bear likes this.
    04-18-13 12:05 PM
    Prior to the white one a had a black one, which didn't overheat or drained that fast. Right now I got the stl-2 Model. Black one was a -3 model. Wondering if it has something to do with the different versions, but can't figure out why it should be. Guess I have to wait for the upcoming update and observe how battery life improves over time. We'll see

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:22 PM
    Had same happen to my phone after about six weeks. I reloaded os and did not restore. Find a way to back up your contacts and this worked super for me. My phone went from drawing a watt on standby to essentially 0 as it should. Good luck but I am confident you can resolve this problem.

Posted via CB10
    p0lar bear likes this.
    04-18-13 12:29 PM
    Had same happen to my phone after about six weeks. I reloaded os and did not restore. Find a way to back up your contacts and this worked super for me. My phone went from drawing a watt on standby to essentially 0 as it should. Good luck but I am confident you can resolve this problem.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, Sir. Much appreciated... I will try it out.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:04 PM
    There are also many other threads already about battery issues that you may want to check out. Bottom line is, something is probably running in the background consuming battery. Hope you figure it out so you can enjoy your Z10!
    04-18-13 01:08 PM
    Prior to the white one a had a black one, which didn't overheat or drained that fast. Right now I got the stl-2 Model. Black one was a -3 model. Wondering if it has something to do with the different versions, but can't figure out why it should be. Guess I have to wait for the upcoming update and observe how battery life improves over time. We'll see

Posted via CB10
    No overheating issues with STL2 as far as I know. Battery life is not bad at all. I have no side loaded apps or running any active frames. I am not even bothered to look at my battery % as it is good or normal just like my other phones. BTW I use a flip case which makes a great difference in conserving the battery.
    04-18-13 01:15 PM
    Turn off the swipe when locked feature... I read that in here somewhere and since I turned mine off I noticed a big improvement in my battery. I also turned off LTE...
    04-18-13 01:20 PM
    I have always had excellent battery life with my Z10 until this morning for some reason.I had not made any changes but the charge was dropping fast even after I closed everything in active frames. I turned it off (not restart) and let it sit for a couple minutes. When I turned it back on it was back to normal discharge rate which has always been great.
    04-18-13 01:21 PM
    Since two weeks I got a white z10 from Vodafone Germany. No issues so far. Everything works apart from blackberry world and BBM since two days. BUT I got serious problems with battery life. Drainage of 20% in just over 40min of actual usage. Only firing of some SMS. Nothing else! Also I'm experiencing heat on the back of the phone without really Pushing it to its limits. I'm really passed off, as I ADORE the z10 and BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    Seems this may be due to some legacy BB Data you may had imported when you setup your phone.

Try this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lution-796608/
    p0lar bear likes this.
    04-18-13 01:28 PM
    Thanks to all the kind replies I got. I will try to figure out whats causing those issues. One more question: I'm trying to restore now to factory settings via blackberry link. How do I save my paid apps?! Seems blackberry link isn't saving or backing them up via Link. Is that true?! Any chances to save them, so I can use them as always on the restored device?! Thanks in advance
    04-18-13 02:18 PM
    Thanks to all the kind replies I got. I will try to figure out whats causing those issues. One more question: I'm trying to restore now to factory settings via blackberry link. How do I save my paid apps?! Seems blackberry link isn't saving or backing them up via Link. Is that true?! Any chances to save them, so I can use them as always on the restored device?! Thanks in advance
    That is something I want to find out as well. By the way I am also from Germany also looking for battery solutions. I am with T-Mobile. You can pm me your BBM and we can talk there if you wish.

-L

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 in Germany
    04-18-13 03:04 PM
    Your apps are connected to your phone via BlackBerry world and your BlackBerry id. Once you wipe your phone you are essentially starting over with a new out of box phone if you don't restore. You will be asked to sign into BlackBerry id which will restore your bbm contacts and if you then go to BlackBerry world your apps will all be there under the available tab. I would reload them one at a time and monitor battery draw. That way you will be able to determine if an app was the cause of your problems. In my case it did not seem to be an app but something was being processed.

Posted via CB10
    p0lar bear likes this.
    04-18-13 07:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I was having the same issue with my Z10 also, I talked with a phone guy that said to try turning off your LOCATION SERVICES off. (third from the bottom) That seems to work very well I now get 15 hours of life. I just turn it back on when i need gps or other apps that need this.

Hope you have found some help.
    04-18-13 07:59 PM