Hey guys,

Blaq for BlackBerry 10 is now available! I wanted to create an official thread for questions, comments, feedback, etc.

BlackBerry World: BlackBerry World - Blaq for BlackBerry 10

Introductory Price: $2.99

• Beautiful, intuitive NATIVE user interface
    • Fast scrolling - no need to wait
    • Interactive gesture engine for quick actions to keep you moving
    • REAL-TIME Twitter streaming support
    • Power-conscious - When minimized, Blaq goes into low-power mode to save battery
    • The most advanced muting system - mute based on multiple criteria
    • Sharing - Share from just about any app to Blaq and vice versa!
    • Active Frame - Know when you get new tweets, mentions or direct messages
    • BBM integration - share tweets updates with your BBM contacts
    • Native or editable retweet support (hold down on RT icon in detail screen)
    • In-app notifications
    • Twitter Username auto-completion
    • Full user profile view
    • Image previews within Blaq
    • View your lists curated from Twitter.com
    • Multi-account support
    • Search people and tweets
    • Photo posting - Twitter
    • Q10 support

I will try to answer as many questions as possible. There are some I won't be able to answer and if I can't, I'll let you know.

Official Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread-img_00000863.jpgOfficial Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread-img_00000874.jpg
    Official Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread-img_00000869.jpgOfficial Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread-img_00000872.jpg
    Official Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread-progress-bar.jpg

F.A.Q:

How do I retweet with comments/quote tweet?

Tap on the tweet then hold down on the RT icon (second icon).

Where are hub notifications?

Something is in the works We don't have much access to the Hub directly (showing a tab on the left for Blaq specifically, etc).

Push notifications?

We have something planned. No timeline yet.
    RECOOL, Ben1232, Mecca EL and 4 others like this.
    04-18-13 12:51 AM
    I & my friend wanna buy it, but my & my friend's bbworld is cant open, still loading (spinning wheel) & wont load the content..

aaarrgghh.. i hate this........

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    04-18-13 01:02 AM
    Just purchased it and like the way it works. Do have one question though - when minimized to an active frame and set to pull every hour, does this mean it will check for new tweets every hour?

Seems like it's still updating even when I have it minimized. I don't want the app continually checking for new tweets unless I'm in it and using it. Seems like it would kill the battery and use lots of data. Anyone on the best settings?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:12 AM
    Just purchased it and like the way it works. Do have one question though - when minimized to an active frame and set to pull every hour, does this mean it will check for new tweets every hour?

Seems like it's still updating even when I have it minimized. I don't want the app continually checking for new tweets unless I'm in it and using it. Seems like it would kill the battery and use lots of data. Anyone on the best settings?

Posted via CB10
    It continues to stream for about a minute before the streaming disconnects. Once it disconnects, that's where the timed pulls kick in. When you go back into the app, streaming kicks right back in again. Your battery life is determined by how often you have the app fullscreen in addition to how often you have it set to pull new info when it's inactive.
    04-18-13 01:23 AM
    Hey guys,

Blaq for BlackBerry 10 is now available! I wanted to create an official thread for questions, comments, feedback, etc.

BlackBerry World: BlackBerry World - Blaq for BlackBerry 10

Introductory Price: $2.99

• Beautiful, intuitive NATIVE user interface
    • Fast scrolling - no need to wait
    • Interactive gesture engine for quick actions to keep you moving
    • REAL-TIME Twitter streaming support
    • Power-conscious - When minimized, Blaq goes into low-power mode to save battery
    • The most advanced muting system - mute based on multiple criteria
    • Sharing - Share from just about any app to Blaq and vice versa!
    • Active Frame - Know when you get new tweets, mentions or direct messages
    • BBM integration - share tweets updates with your BBM contacts
    • Native or editable retweet support (hold down on RT icon in detail screen)
    • In-app notifications
    • Twitter Username auto-completion
    • Full user profile view
    • Image previews within Blaq
    • View your lists curated from Twitter.com
    • Multi-account support
    • Search people and tweets
    • Photo posting - Twitter
    • Q10 support

I will try to answer as many questions as possible. There are some I won't be able to answer and if I can't, I'll let you know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000863.jpg 
Views:	5802 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	152302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000874.jpg 
Views:	5799 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	152303

Name:	IMG_00000869.jpg 
Views:	5800 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	152304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000872.jpg 
Views:	5805 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	152305

Name:	Progress-Bar.jpg 
Views:	5818 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	152306

F.A.Q:

How do I retweet with comments/quote tweet?

Tap on the tweet then hold down on the RT icon (second icon).

Where are hub notifications?

Something is in the works We don't have much access to the Hub directly (showing a tab on the left for Blaq specifically, etc).

Push notifications?

We have something planned. No timeline yet.
    I don't have any questions yet but I did you follow on twitter. Keep up the great work! Black totally replaced the native Twitter app.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:28 AM
    The search function has me a little perplexed. When I search ppl's names it fails to relate their twitter handle. I even tried your name Jerome Carty and I couldn't seem to locate your profile for adding. Am I not searching properly?
    04-18-13 01:46 AM
    Is there a translate Tweet function? I follow a few Japanese artists and was wondering if I could translate their tweets to English? The desktop version uses Bing translate...so I was wondering if Blaq does this, and how it works?

Thanks!
    04-18-13 02:53 AM
    Client is great! Happy I bought it, would love an option to get rid of the background though when viewing a single tweet, etc. Makes the interface feel in-cohesive to have it just sometimes.
    04-18-13 03:12 AM
    I have mentioned this on a few other threads but as this is the official one I thought I would mention it again.

Very stylish but it is another twitter app that doesn't remember where in the timeline I last was so I have to make a note of the time I last checked twitter and then scroll backwards if I close the app. Only neatly remembers my place in the timeline but it is so slow. Are there any plans to keep the place in the timeline in a future update?

It would also be nice if when you went on the different icons when you gesture to the left or right that text came up saying what they are much like the cb10 app does.

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    04-18-13 03:32 AM
    I love how when you're at the top of your timeline, you can see the counter on the right counting up by the second so you see when the tweet was sent.

Had blaq on the PlayBook, got it on the Z10.

#AlwaysBetOnBLAQ
    04-18-13 05:03 AM
    Can't get those re tweet options. Help please.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 05:14 AM
    Love this app....

You guys made your app better than the PB version.... Just WOW!!

I firmly believe that you guys are the Premier app developers for the QNX OS. Kisai Labs seems to get it!

Well DONE!!
    04-18-13 05:30 AM
    Can't get those re tweet options. Help please.

Posted via CB10
    just click on tweet were you want to RT.. then press & hold retweet icon, after that, you can choose "classic retweet", "quote tweet", "retweet via" on the right side bar..

good luck..

Posted via CB10
    Anubhav Nagpal and robkd like this.
    04-18-13 05:31 AM
    Still need translation features and when viewing a user 's tweets, its only limited to 20. I'm loving what I'm seeing now with the gestures and the ui and hope it improves. It's hard to fit everything the PlayBook can so with such a small screen but i gotta say a job well done

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 05:33 AM
    Ok...Active Frame question....
    DM's, mentions etc..should show up right?
    Mine don't?
    04-18-13 06:42 AM
    Ok...Active Frame question....
    DM's, mentions etc..should show up right?
    Mine don't?
    I thought it was supposed to show new tweets as well but I just get the green blaq logo.

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    Philip Kaite1 likes this.
    04-18-13 06:54 AM
    just click on tweet were you want to RT.. then press & hold retweet icon, after that, you can choose "classic retweet", "quote tweet", "retweet via" on the right side bar..

good luck..

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but when I do that, below pops up:
    Official Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread-img_00000354.png

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 07:04 AM
    Re-post from another thread:

Mentioned above in another post: need an "Icon Description" popup or something, not only because there are so many and we aren't used to them yet, but with one-handed use in the right hand, my thumb covers all the icons on the right side when I pull the timeline to the left.

^^^^^AWKWARD^^^^^

Solution: make the timeline bar at the top transition to the icon description when pulling left / right for actions/icons. Maybe a nice animation when you pull the timeline to the left, an "overlay" bar slides out FROM the left and temporarily covers the timeline bar, then the mirror image from the opposite side when pulling to the right? That way, as you move the timeline sideways, the bar pops out in the opposite direction

One handed use with the left hand causes the same issue on the other side, but since that side lets the timeline stay in position, you can move your thumb and see the icons before selecting.

Did that make sense?

Love it, though. I'm only a light-weight twitterer, and have Blaq on my PlayBook, but this version blows the PB away. Go get it now!
    04-18-13 07:08 AM
    Is their a Twitter Music app coming to BB10 / Z10 / Q10
    04-18-13 07:30 AM
    When you swipe right to left to get options for Reply, ReTweet and Favourite, what is the 4th icon for? Looks like a "Setup" icon, but I just get a message that this option is not available.

TIA
    04-18-13 08:06 AM
    Thanks, but when I do that, below pops up:

Posted via CB10
    You need to select the specific tweet and then hold down the re tweet icon to get the 3 options on the right.

Official Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread-img_00000344.png

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:13 AM
    04-18-13 08:17 AM
    This is a great app. I do have some questions.

1. When I view another person's timeline I can only view limited tweets.

2. Also, I tried to search for a twitter user but I can't seems to tap on the option 'Users with "_"'

I hope this can be clarify.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:22 AM
    Hi

My only problem is the Arabic hashtags # when you open them its become something else.
    Official Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread-img_00000150.png
    Official Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread-img_00000149.png

Posted via CB10
    scook94 likes this.
    04-18-13 08:32 AM
    Great app! Is it possible to have integration with pocket?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:37 AM
1,992 123 ...