I've been trying to email and text video and my phone keeps saying the file is too large. It wants me to edit. Is that the only way to send the file? What happened to sms mode? Help I want to send my videos. I'm using the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:53 PM
    I've been trying to email and text video and my phone keeps saying the file is too large. It wants me to edit. Is that the only way to send the file? What happened to sms mode? Help I want to send my videos. I'm using the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I thought that was one of the benefits of Whatsapp, but I could not even send a one minute pus video. If someone does figure out how to send or share videos without emailing them that would be great.
    04-17-13 11:44 PM
    Whats app doesnt let me send a 14 SECOND VIDEO!

I don't think the BB!) platform has an option for sms video, I can send video just fine (limited time) with the regular camera.
    04-18-13 12:12 AM
    How long are your camera videos?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:46 AM
    I posted about this as well. I can't send even a 15 second video out. I've resorted to setting up another YOUTUBE channel so I can upload my daughters videos and send them to family.

However, it's pretty annoying that I don't have the option to dumb down the video quality so the file is smaller to send. Find myself using my wife's
    9900 to do those types of shoots!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    04-18-13 06:49 AM
    I have been able to send via text, something like 13 seconds (havent tried longer cause ive been rushing the timing of the videos) to a text to one of my best friends. I will experiment how long they can be exactly before they refuse to send. BUT WITH WHATSAPP I cannot send a 13 second video, go figure- but I can send a 9 minute music track to someone!I wonder if it is also somehow carrier related?
    04-18-13 08:48 AM
    I sent a video to a older BB device. The recipient said they couldn't open. Unsupported format. Whats up with that??
    04-18-13 08:56 AM
    I sent a video to a older BB device. The recipient said they couldn't open. Unsupported format. Whats up with that??
    I had that issue as well but it was over Bluetooth to my friend who is using the 9700
    04-18-13 09:09 AM
    I had this too. No one else reported this so thought was me. Tried sending video to an iPhone user, they got the unsupported error or it wouldn't open. Now having done on my old Storm 9550/9530, had no issues then.
    So what has blackberry done with video formats? According to BlackBerry our Z10 devices should support almost all video type formats to view videos. But why error when sending to someone?

And am also not impressed the video saves at such large size.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:51 AM
    Ok so heres the fix. Obviously the Z10 is capable of HD Vids, either 1080 or 720 right! Well instead of giving us MMS format which typically results in very small or too blurry vids to see, BBRY left us hanging. Well I thought of a work around this past weekend. Record whatever vid you'd like, whatever size, whatever res... SAVE it to your cloud storage, remember Dropbox and Box apps are built for the OS and come preloaded. Share the vid, by sending the link to the vid. It can be shared to anyone even if they don't have the type of cloud storage you're sharing it from. The vid should flawlessly play in the recipients browser.

Give this a try and lemme know what you think. Pretty slick workaround if you ask me. Just a suggestion.

Now can someone suggest an easier way to record voicenotes. I'd like to get to the bottom of that.
    05-13-13 01:48 PM
    Whatsapp limit is 16MB...
    05-13-13 02:07 PM
    Awesome idea to use the cloud storage. I am using box and did a test video and uploaded it successfully. I can't seem to find an option on the app to share the link. No problem on the desktop version, but not on the app. Am I missing something. BTW I am on the 10.1.0.1762 leak.
    05-13-13 02:27 PM
    Ok so heres the fix. Obviously the Z10 is capable of HD Vids, either 1080 or 720 right! Well instead of giving us MMS format which typically results in very small or too blurry vids to see, BBRY left us hanging. Well I thought of a work around this past weekend. Record whatever vid you'd like, whatever size, whatever res... SAVE it to your cloud storage, remember Dropbox and Box apps are built for the OS and come preloaded. Share the vid, by sending the link to the vid. It can be shared to anyone even if they don't have the type of cloud storage you're sharing it from. The vid should flawlessly play in the recipients browser.

Give this a try and lemme know what you think. Pretty slick workaround if you ask me. Just a suggestion.

Now can someone suggest an easier way to record voicenotes. I'd like to get to the bottom of that.

Awesome idea to use the cloud storage. I am using box and did a test video and uploaded it successfully. I can't seem to find an option on the app to share the link. No problem on the desktop version, but not on the app. Am I missing something. BTW I am on the 10.1.0.1762 leak.
    05-13-13 02:27 PM
    You'll have to visit your cloud storage through the browser to share the link. They haven't enabled that in the app as of yet. Just create a bookmark and save it on your home screen for direct access when u r ready to share. This will also save space on your device or memory card.

Posted from my AmaZing Z10 on the #1 Built for BB App!!! CB10!!!!!
    05-18-13 01:13 PM