So i've recently been having a few difficulties with my beloved Z10 and these were all resolved with a system backup, followed by a security wipe and a system restore.

The problem that now exists, and I see other old posts about it from the playbook, is that when i try to go and add a webpage to the home screen like I used to be able to do, it no longer works.

The option to add to homescreen is still there and when clicked it says "added to homescreen" but nothing gets added.

I'm on os v. 10.0.10.85

Anybody else have this problem and know a workaround?
    scott0121 likes this.
    04-17-13 10:28 AM
    This definitely works (dont expect to be able to delete them from the work side unless this most recent update fixed it). I am assuming you have tried a hard reboot and different pages, as well as checking all icon panes?
    04-17-13 10:47 AM
    This definitely works (dont expect to be able to delete them from the work side unless this most recent update fixed it). I am assuming you have tried a hard reboot and different pages, as well as checking all icon panes?
    Nope, doesn't definitely
    There is some stupid bug with the languages

There are two workarounds. Switch your languages, I think you have to change both the language and the region.

Or one I read yesterday, but haven't tried yet, is.. when you press add to home screen and it says "Added to Home screen" immediately tap the "Added to home Screen" popup. Thats supposed to make it work.
    04-17-13 10:52 AM
    I have tried hard and soft reboots. Different pages and checking all icon screens and folders.

I have tried the changing language and region workarounds but no joy yet.

Will try the second workaround and update the post.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:59 AM
    Tapping pop up didn't work either.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:59 AM
    I have the same issue. If I setup the Z10 as a new device I can add a shortcut to the home screen. However if I do a restore from a backup the feature no longer works even though it gives me the option to name the shortcut and says it's added to the home screen its not there. I'm not aware of any fix for this issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:02 AM
    same problem here, was working fine but I had other issues so I did a wipe and restore, now I cant add to homescreen
    04-17-13 11:04 AM
    Sounds like restoring settings is fubared.

Try a selective restore?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:16 PM
    Sounds like restoring settings is fubared.

Try a selective restore?

Posted via CB10
    Yep...even with a selective restore same issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:44 PM
    So i've recently been having a few difficulties with my beloved Z10 and these were all resolved with a system backup, followed by a security wipe and a system restore.

The problem that now exists, and I see other old posts about it from the playbook, is that when i try to go and add a webpage to the home screen like I used to be able to do, it no longer works.

The option to add to homescreen is still there and when clicked it says "added to homescreen" but nothing gets added.

I'm on os v. 10.0.10.85

Anybody else have this problem and know a workaround?
    Did you also post this in a Playbook forum? I posted the answer there. Go into settings, change language and region, then save a bookmark to homescreen. If it saves, change your language and region back. In the thread where I found this fix, it also mentioned that the url should have www. in it; I don't know if that matters, but make sure it is a url with a www in it when you try the fix.
    04-17-13 02:48 PM
    I had the same problem, and I figured out a solution:
    I realized that when the first app icon page is filled with no free spaces, "add to homescreen" won't work. You have to free up at least one space on that first app icon page. Once you do that, by moving at least one to the next page, the feature will work. After the new website icon is added, you can rearrange the app icons back to where you would like them to be.
    Good luck!
    04-17-13 03:13 PM
    I had the same problem. The previously posted workarounds did not work, but I finally just fixed it by going into the settings and Cleared History, Clear Cookies and other data. Save to homescreen is working again for me.
    04-17-13 03:14 PM
    None of these have worked for me yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:23 PM
    None of these have worked for me yet.

Posted via CB10
    None of these have worked for me either. Damn restore!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:04 PM
    Hi there,

After trying both solutions of language, region and deleting cookies etc, I changed the language and region to Italian and still the problem continued, I then gave up and changed them back to UK English.

I was then messing about with my email settings and folders and noticed that the email settings were in English, however the email folder settings were still in Italian. I then changed the language and region for the second time until the email folder language changed to English, rebooted the phone and everything now works as before.

The problem seems to be that because the software is not fully bedded in that the languages settings did not fully change/save and that the only permanent solution that works is as follows.

1) Change Language to US English (or UK)
    2) Change Region to another UK English (or UK)
    3) Delete Cookies and Data in Internet explorer
    4) Power down the phone, (not hard boot)
    5) Remove the battery and wait for 60secs
    6) Replace battery and power up
    7) Restart the phone
    8) Change language to home (yours)
    9) Change Region to home (yours)
    All Done!

Thanks
    04-20-13 12:23 AM
    This solution isn't working for me
    04-21-13 09:37 AM
    Thus problem does appear to be fixed in 10.1. After a backup, install of the 10.1.0.1429 leak and then a restore, the save to home screen worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:03 PM
    Blackberry needs to issue a patch. �---period
    10-07-15 11:42 AM
    After 2-1/2 years, more likely than not, it has already been done.
    10-08-15 02:13 PM
    Blackberry needs to issue a patch. �---period
    Did you bother reading the last post (#17) where it said the issue was fixed....

TWO FREAKING YEARS AGO!!!!!!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    10-12-15 03:59 PM