For improvements on future design, BlackBerry should learn from these 2 'failures' from current Z10 design.
    1. Micro USB/charging port location. It's an awkward experience to do texting while charging. Please move it to the bottom!
    2. Please remove tiny gap between screen & bezel. It's a dust magnet!
    04-17-13 09:37 AM
    I think calling those failures is a little bit of a stretch.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:43 AM
    For improvements on future design, BlackBerry should learn from these 2 'failures' from current Z10 design.
    1. Micro USB/charging port location. It's an awkward experience to do texting while charging. Please move it to the bottom!
    2. Please remove tiny gap between screen & bezel. It's a dust magnet!
    I have NO issues with either.
    If the USB location was on the bottom, you couldnt use USB on the Multimedia Dock.
    I've had my Z10 since Feb 5th and still no dust in this "Magnet".

Thanks for your opinion but neither of your points are "Failures".

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-17-13 09:45 AM
    Dont think moving the charging port from the side is going to help especially when the multimedia/charger dock comes out. If the charging port is moved to the bottom then the phone wont work in landscape mode when you put it into a dock. Unless they just put a couple of charging points on the side like the the 9900 has at the bottom of the phone.

As for the gap?? yes it is a dust magnet and id like to see them remove that gap.

Otherwise design wise, i dont think the z10 is a failure at all.
    SDTRMG and hf199 like this.
    04-17-13 09:48 AM
    Not failures, but they are good points. I can relate more so to the dust issue, as I don't usually use the phone while it's being charged.

Edit: Spawn makes a valid argument about it being incompatible with the dock if it were to be moved. But that DUST lol
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    04-17-13 09:48 AM
    No issues here either. I actually find it helps me hold the Z10 when charging, since I can rest the plug between my thumb and index finger and type with my right hand. If I am two thumb typing, I'll rest the plug between my index and middle fingers, which helps hold the phone and puts my thumbs at a good angle to the screen.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    04-17-13 09:52 AM
    Please don't move the USB charging port to the bottom. The current location works ideal with the charging dock for use as my alarm clock. I typically never charge my phone during the day, so charging and using is not an issue. I undock in the AM (yes I have a BB charging dock), and don't dock again until I go to bed. My Battery goes all day.

As for dust, I have no dust between my screen and bezel ..... what the heck are you doing with your phone, or what are you using to clean it, and old kleenex? LOL I just use my pant leg to clean it, and never have dust building up anywhere.

So as others have said, your title is a little dramatic. You call them failures, I call one of your failures a total win (port location), and the other I have never noticed. I'm staring at my phone right now, and there is no dust betwen screen and bezel.

As the old saying goes: "you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time"
    maxell, umbrau44, toobs623 and 2 others like this.
    04-17-13 10:00 AM
    I have NO issues with either.
    If the USB location was on the bottom, you couldnt use USB on the Multimedia Dock.
    I've had my Z10 since Feb 5th and still no dust in this "Magnet".

Thanks for your opinion but neither of your points are "Failures".

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    You're right about the multimedia dock.
    They should find a better way to accommodate them. Using NFC instead (maybe, why not)?

Dont think moving the charging port from the side is going to help especially when the multimedia/charger dock comes out. If the charging port is moved to the bottom then the phone wont work in landscape mode when you put it into a dock. Unless they just put a couple of charging points on the side like the the 9900 has at the bottom of the phone.

As for the gap?? yes it is a dust magnet and id like to see them remove that gap.

Charging points on the side like the the 9900....off course. I think it's better way to do this.
    04-17-13 10:07 AM

I'm guessing one would take into account that the dock would have a different design as well. Of course, what do I know.
    04-17-13 10:09 AM
    I would have to agree with the gaps between the screen and phone. Mine collects a lot of dust too and its hard to get out. The only thing I can think of is getting a giant otterbox case to cover the whole phone.
    04-17-13 10:10 AM
    The port locations are a pain when charging the phone and using it in portrait mode, but I can see the point of those that use a charging dock. Maybe the ports could be left on the side, but located nearer the top of the phone? That would make it easier to type while charging.

The dust does collect around the seams on the face of the unit. It would help me with my compulsive disorders if this could be corrected. :smile:

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:12 AM
    I don't see the problem here. I'm right handed and often I use landscape to type.
    04-17-13 10:12 AM
    I'm guessing one would take into account that the dock would have a different design as well. Of course, what do I know.
    Well yes if the charging port was moved to the bottom then they would have rethink the design of the charging pod. Its one thing i miss from my 9900 along with a few other things, the fact that you could just drop the 9900 into the dock and it would go automatically into bedside mode depending on how you had it set.

Hopefully when the charging dock comes out for the z10, they will also put this option into BB10. Just hoping the dock comes out soon.
    04-17-13 10:13 AM
    I think calling those failures is a little bit of a stretch.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I put the word between '....', to make it not to stretch
    04-17-13 10:16 AM
    those aren't failures...they're cosmetic preferences

if the USB cables is realy in your way while texting then unplug it or use it in landscape...problem solved
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-17-13 10:21 AM
    I don't see the problem here. I'm right handed and often I use landscape to type.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't personally have a problem with either orientation, but if someone has a problem when charging, simply turning the phone into landscape instantly solves this.
    Why do people continually create problems out of nothing?

Posted via CB with my BB10 Z10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-17-13 10:22 AM
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't personally have a problem with either orientation, but if someone has a problem when charging, simply turning the phone into landscape instantly solves this.
    Why do people continually create problems out of nothing?

Posted via CB with my BB10 Z10
    because they're bored and creating problems gives them somthing to do
    04-17-13 10:39 AM
    As the old saying goes: "you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time"
    Like this
    04-17-13 10:46 AM
    So apples dust magnet headphone jack, charging port, and ear speaker grill are not design flaws?
    04-17-13 10:47 AM
    Agree.
    04-17-13 10:49 AM
    I don't see why everyone's jumping on the OP. He put the word 'failures' in quotes to emphasize that their seriousness is open to interpretation.

At any rate, I sometimes get dust between the bezel and the screen, and it does bother me The Z10 is a little awkward to text with while charging, but I don't think moving the cable to the bottom would help. Haven't really thought about it.
    toobs623 and richardat like this.
    04-17-13 10:54 AM
    my only problem is the back of the phone....I'll have preferred a sliding back with the same material as the rest of the phone...personal preference
    04-17-13 10:56 AM
    agree with both
    good post
    04-17-13 10:57 AM
    What I would wish for is the two contacts on the bottom of the phone that worked with a charging cradle! This WAS one of RIM's best ideas on past phones! Was there no time to put contacts on their new flagship? Does the Q10 have them? Being able to charge by dropping in a cradle makes charging easy and GREATLY reduces wear on the USB port.
    Charbel Ir likes this.
    04-17-13 11:04 AM
    Actually the usb port at the bottom would get in the way of single hand typing using the flick, when using single hand typing I hold the phone with the index finger as support for the phone not to slide down, so having the port there would make it unstable in the hand. I would rather its moved up on the side, if not leave it as is, I manage well by slipping the charging corde between my fingers.

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    04-17-13 11:06 AM
83 123 ...