... including for us ordinary non-BB10 users
    I don't see what's new for now, only that it sillily let me update then ask to be deleted then reinstalled, to clear everything in the map caches, and once you did this, it re-asks again (OK, once only). I'm now recaching...
    04-16-13 06:30 AM
    The Playbook version has been updated to 4.3.0.2

I don't see an update for the Z10 version, I have at the moment version 4.3.0.10, maybe I did an update and not remember now the other day.

Let me know what version the new one is.

This is the BEST mapping program for Playbook and Z10.
    04-16-13 07:27 AM
    Magellan hasn't been charging for updates in the past, maybe verify with them because sometimes BlackBerry world will ask for payment on upgrades but not actually charge. If Magellan confirm it should be free, then even if you get charged you can ask BlackBerry world for s refund.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:30 AM
    04-16-13 07:35 AM
    Magellan hasn't been charging for updates in the past, maybe verify with them because sometimes BlackBerry world will ask for payment on upgrades but not actually charge. If Magellan confirm it should be free, then even if you get charged you can ask BlackBerry world for s refund.

Posted via CB10
    Yeha I edited my post, did not realize someone read it tha fast

I went back into BB world and hit upgrade right from my list of apps, but at first I clicked on the app to see any info of the update and hit upgrade from there and that's where it asked me for payment, but I closed it and did what I just said I did and it upgraded for FREE.
    04-16-13 07:37 AM
    The price on BB World says $3.99 but when go to purchase is $4.99? What's up with that?
    04-16-13 08:29 AM
    The price on BB World says $3.99 but when go to purchase is $4.99? What's up with that?
    Depends on your location for prices as not everywhere it will be same price.

I paid 4.99 originally a month ago and I am from Canada.

Email Developer if your to worried about a $1.00
    04-16-13 09:39 AM
    Depends on your location for prices as not everywhere it will be same price.

I paid 4.99 originally a month ago and I am from Canada.

Email Developer if your to worried about a $1.00
    Are you a developer? LOL I hope not with a comment like that. Yeah who cares right. So what if the posted price is not what they actually charge you? Are you for real?
    04-16-13 04:04 PM
    Are you a developer? LOL I hope not with a comment like that. Yeah who cares right. So what if the posted price is not what they actually charge you? Are you for real?
    Nope not a dev, but like I said email them if your worried about a dollar an If they charged you more then advertised them same thing.

The magellan gps devices cost 100.00 or more depend on what unit you buy, so for 3.99 or 4.99 that's cheap then any unit out there and the mobile an playbook app is awesome.
    Last edited by xamdam; 04-16-13 at 04:55 PM.
    04-16-13 04:35 PM
    Magellan GPS devices and Magellan Compass software from o2 Interactive have no connection with each other.
    04-16-13 05:25 PM
    Can't imagine charging for upgrading an app that never worked (or at least the offline caching portion of it) lol

Does anyone know what this update is all about?
    04-16-13 07:34 PM
    Nope not a dev, but like I said email them if your worried about a dollar an If they charged you more then advertised them same thing.

The magellan gps devices cost 100.00 or more depend on what unit you buy, so for 3.99 or 4.99 that's cheap then any unit out there and the mobile an playbook app is awesome.
    Ok now you're comparing this app to the magellan gps system? Seriously something smells fishy in Denmark. You kind of don't get the issue in my post or are just trying to deflect blame.
    And as Angus above points out not a great idea to falsely connect your app to one that is not owned by you (or whomever ).
    04-16-13 09:55 PM
    Ok now you're comparing this app to the magellan gps system? Seriously something smells fishy in Denmark. You kind of don't get the issue in my post or are just trying to deflect blame.
    And as Angus above points out not a great idea to falsely connect your app to one that is not owned by you (or whomever ).
    Umm my app?

This is not my app, but I do use this app and it's awesome and I had no idea that magellan compass is not connected to magellan the company that makes gps units.

The point I was making is this app is way cheaper then the gps unit made by magellan or any manufacturer of gps units and it works flawlessly and as good as any gps unit of not better.

I like it better on my playbook as it's a bigger screen, but the z10 is nice as well for a smaller screen use when I leave my playbook at home or let someone else use it.

Now again if you unclear about prices I suggested to you if your worried about a dollar then email the developer of the app I would suggest this for any app that shows different price when buying it.

Did you email the Dev?

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-17-13 05:48 AM
    Your credibility in this thread is toast.
    04-17-13 10:36 AM
    It shows $4.99 now. I think it has been discussed in the past that price changes can take a day or so to make it through the system. The price may have went up. Price errors like this would be seen most often when a developer put an APP on sale and the initial buyers would be quoted the old price, prior to the sale.
    04-17-13 11:47 AM
    I would also be worried about a dollar out of principle but that's just me.
    04-17-13 03:25 PM
    It shows $4.99 now. I think it has been discussed in the past that price changes can take a day or so to make it through the system. The price may have went up. Price errors like this would be seen most often when a developer put an APP on sale and the initial buyers would be quoted the old price, prior to the sale.
    Well that make sense if this has been discussed in the past with other apps, great info to know about. I assure that this app even if was 10.00 is worth every penny when it comes to cheap app with awesome features this has, its just as good as many GPS systems in the market and when I was looking for a good navigation app for my Z10 I found this app and when I found it was also available for the playbook, well I got it for that to and the nice thing is if you pay once you not pay again for it.

I am not forking out 100.00 to 300.00 for a gps device when I can get something like this for a fraction of the price.

I would also be worried about a dollar out of principle but that's just me.
    Well I suppose some would and its everyone's right, but me a 1.00 would of not mattered, but if it was 5.00 more then it was stated then I would complain for sure, but as noted by robsteve the price is updated to 4.99 now as he has stated that there are issues with a price updated on other apps in the past.

I try and promote this app cause it is awesome and if I can help ppl save HUGE money then I am happy to do.
    04-17-13 06:33 PM