I'm not sure if this has been discussed already. I checked on the forum and couldn't find anything. Let me start by saying that my battery life used to be amazing. I was able to go a complete day with heavy usage without having to charge my phone, but after the recent update my battery life is nowhere near how good it once was.

I also recently added both Netflix and the blackboard learn app on my phone. Could this be the problem or has anyone else noticed a change in battery life?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:16 AM
    Perhaps the os needs to settle for a day or so first? My battery life is also not as great as others stated, I got 8 hours on moderate use. Got the os 2 days ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:29 AM
    I believe I've had it since the day it was available so it's been awhile. I'm going to delete both bb learn and the Netflix app hoping it might change a bit.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:33 AM
    I have been getting much, much better battery life since the update but just know that sometimes when they fix an issue with any phone, they run the risk of introducing that same issue with phones that never experienced it. We had that that happen after the portico update of the 920.
    04-16-13 02:18 AM
    Very bad the batteries are suck........now I really disappointed with my blackberry z10 because of this lack of improvement and ability to think for the future. ....thickness are not the important thing if you take out the life savvier from thus blackberry. ....im so disappointed with blackberry. ........to bad im already bought z10....
    04-16-13 04:00 AM
    My battery life actually improved. It wasn't bad before but it has gotten noticeably better.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:31 AM
    My battery life in stanby mode not even last one day....... currently using dual mode.......if playing game.....less than 3-5 hour.....not know what are really happen
    04-16-13 04:37 AM
    Z10 on my country different spec with 3g only......not lte version.........that suck.........compare to other phone z10 crush a lot.
    04-16-13 04:40 AM
    O well I still love my z10

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:19 AM
    Uh, I'm at 50% battery life right now and I took it off the charger at 8:32am. It's 12:16pm right now, and I even went back to sleep for an hour and a half.

All I did was check twitter, Facebook, instagram, cb10, and delete emails. Then I browsed instagram for a good hour and went to sleep. When I woke up, I replied to my BBMs for a good 15 minutes, went on instagram and twitter. Now I'm posting on the forums.

The heck, man. Not sure what the problem is but I'm confident that my settings are low in terms of display light and turning unnecessary things off and obviously closing all of my active frames when I'm done using them.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:21 AM
    I've never had battery issues, before or after the update. I play emulated Playstation games on occasion, play videos recorded with the phone and from other "HD" capable phones, browse the web, play flash files (not mere flash video containers), and record video. While each of these things is very processor intensive, I don't have any power consumption issues that would seemingly come from nowhere.

But I don't treat my phone like a clown car for applications, and I don't jive with social networking. Apparently it's rare as fish eyelids to not exist in Google.
    04-16-13 12:00 PM
    Uh, I'm at 50% battery life right now and I took it off the charger at 8:32am.
    I've been off-charger for just over an hour with the phone having been used ONLY for BBM. Already down to 90%. This is post-AT&T Update as well.

Some of us certainly aren't seeing wonderful battery lives, it seems.
    04-16-13 12:08 PM
    What im say is true man......when im open geekbench to test it said os 10.0.10.648.......but when I wan to update it said im already git a new version 10.0.10.82......which one is true.....got more bad thing for z10 such camera, , battery , function , crush , hot processer , all thing for about z10 is bad......poor me believe in what people review on z10 my display low brightness but battery still down fast.....huh
    04-16-13 12:10 PM
    What im say is true man......when im open geekbench to test it said os 10.0.10.648.......but when I wan to update it said im already git a new version 10.0.10.82......which one is true.....got more bad thing for z10 such camera, , battery , function , crush , hot processer , all thing for about z10 is bad......poor me believe in what people review on z10 my display low brightness but battery still down fast.....huh
    Do you use AT&T?

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-16-13 10:03 PM
    I've seen a significant increase in battery life after the update from AT&T. My phone used to drain fast sitting in standby; it only seemed like the battery lasted longer the more I used it. Now, my z10 almost gets through the day after the update!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:41 PM
    I've been off-charger for just over an hour with the phone having been used ONLY for BBM. Already down to 90%. This is post-AT&T Update as well.

Some of us certainly aren't seeing wonderful battery lives, it seems.
    Yeah. It's quite a shame as much as I love my phone. Oh well, I had the same problem with my 9900. My display is at 10% for goodness sake! What could possibly drain my battery hmm.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:58 AM
    Fixed my problem! Just popped the battery out and put it back in moments layer. My phone is back to normal!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:11 PM
    My battery lasts much longer after the update. It was not bad before except for for the day I had the Ebay app installed. Be careful to not leave an app using GPS or the hot spot running.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:33 PM
    Fixed my problem! Just popped the battery out and put it back in moments layer. My phone is back to normal!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, resets tend to help a lot. Used to do them a lot on my 920
    04-17-13 05:39 PM
    Did you try searching through one of the hundred threads that gave suggestions on how to improve battery life?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:48 PM
    Uh, I'm at 50% battery life right now and I took it off the charger at 8:32am. It's 12:16pm right now, and I even went back to sleep for an hour and a half.

All I did was check twitter, Facebook, instagram, cb10, and delete emails. Then I browsed instagram for a good hour and went to sleep. When I woke up, I replied to my BBMs for a good 15 minutes, went on instagram and twitter. Now I'm posting on the forums.

The heck, man. Not sure what the problem is but I'm confident that my settings are low in terms of display light and turning unnecessary things off and obviously closing all of my active frames when I'm done using them.

Posted via CB10
    You should take out your sim card, connect to bblink and reload the OS. I swear that should fix your issue. Also don't add any apps for a day or two. Maybe an issue with your account set ups. I removed push option for my gmail account and left it at 30min intervals and now my phone can last a long time when screen is off, even with 3-4 panes up.
    04-17-13 05:55 PM
    04-17-13 06:14 PM
    Out of the charging dock at 6:00am.
    Average day of use...
    It's now 8:00pm and after 14 hours I'm at 50% battery. I've absolutely noticed an improvement since the update...

As a bonus, my phone has not rebooted itself once since the post update restart. My previous uptime record was 3 days... It's been 6 so far

@@ BlackBerry 10 Mobile Messaging @@
    04-17-13 07:02 PM