Problem with existing devices from a marketing point of view is, that any major change, like a new OS, need a new sort of "yeah that'll sale like hotcakes" to bust a new product, specially if a time line of an older unit is already more than one year on the market... So, even if there is only a limited amount of new hardware features like a slightly faster CPU available to rectify a new device name, it comes very handy to pull it over with a newer OS as well.
    In case of the BlackBerry PlayBook (with it's dumb and passed OS 2.1) well why not get around flood the market with a slightly upgraded hardware, a new OS10 and most important new created company image from RIM to Blackberry with a brand new BlackBerry T10, to position this device in to the line of new strategy.

What would it matter to call the existing PB line a legacy device, flog them off cheap (as they do already.. Got my 64gb PB for �166) well may because the design and style isn't far away of the Z10, matching it's handling habits, let's say the PB get a striped down sort of OS10 compatibility upgrade, as taster for what you may can experience with the mature and brand new BB-T10 will hit the mainstream later on this year or as remaining little sister of the new kid in town which is more likely targeting the business world with it's obviously much higher price tag.

Do you really believe BlackBerry will give you a new OS10 with out they making any profit out of it?!

Well, just look at it, at all the opportunities that are coming along with OS10.
    BlackBerry is starting with a new campaign to build a modern image of it self, starting to call a small device like the Z10 their new flagship, with a sleek design and OS10, which want to have more sister's in its family, the Q10 just satisfying old and trusty customers who don't really want a change in handling their devices, next may will change the PB, why not boost it's capability to make it a big brother with a sort of storage server for it's tiny smartphone companions, give it a name like T10, a bit more memory and speed, just make it to the centre for which the ever fast flying phones are curling around it.

Ok, if the Z10 is the new flagship, the T10 may well could be the mothership in this new OS10 universe, same design, style, look and feel like the Z10 but three times the size....

Got the Z10 right next to my PB, but typing all this I'm squirting out here on the PB just because the keyboard is much more comfortable to use.
    Yeah I like the Z10 a lot, actually it was the reason for me to join the BlackBerry universe in the 1sr place, looking forward to get it's OS10 on to a bigger device like the PB as well rather sooner than later, but being realistic as well, l can't see that BlackBerry will hang on with this oldish PB name and OS of the past.
    Now, get on with it and start to say goodbye to the future of your PB being the new PB-10, hand it over to your kids to have a go with it.
    An extend live time of the PB with a full grown OS10will not happened the way you may wish for, rather ending up as a beloved device that cleared the way for a T10 to come with many more features you may never dear to dream of.
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 04-14-13 at 06:54 AM.
    04-14-13 05:17 AM
    Do you really believe BlackBerry will give you a new OS10 with out they making any profit out of it?!
    Yes I do....why? Because they said they would
    04-14-13 11:50 AM
    I generally agree. Unless they go under (doubtful), they said they would and probably will. The questions are - when and what modifications to accommodate the pb?
    04-14-13 12:32 PM
    Well they promised to bring BB10 to the PB, no more no less...
    Don't want to steer any sh**, but to bring the new OS10 to the PB... Doesn't say it would be a final gift, and that's what I'm on about... It would be a compatability upgrade to empty the stock of PB and to bridge the time until the new series of tablets finally can be shipped, meanwhile keeping everyone happy, getting used to the new OS10 to become addicted for what ever comes next... That's why I'm saying that BlackBerry will be looking forward making profit out of OS10, not just give it away...
    04-14-13 02:18 PM
    I generally agree. Unless they go under (doubtful), they said they would and probably will. The questions are - when and what modifications to accommodate the pb?
    Just look at the limited amount of accessories or rather not available like the mini-keyboard, there was no point for RIM to support them or other nifty toys for the PB in big quantity because the overall sales where creating low...

So why should BB boost support for the PB ?
    But not loosing there face they will of course pamper the PB a short time may spend Upgrade in favourites to the OS10, may call it. PB-2.10 but never. PB-10 or keep continuing from there.

You will rather be surprised with a beefed up brand new BB-T10, with the option of a slot for a 64gb microSD chip, fast WiFi and lots more nifty want to have tricks.
    04-14-13 03:18 PM

Yeppers they said so, but when after a BB10 tablet is out.. or before?
    04-14-13 05:31 PM