This morning I noticed that the volume up button was not working, but volume down worked fine. I did a battery pull and the up button started working, a couple minutes I noticed it wasn't working again. I did another battery pull and found that the up button only works for about 30seconds after restart. Anyone else had this problem? I guess I'll have to find out if my carrier can exchange or whether I got to take it to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    roshi125 and Rashad Good like this.
    04-13-13 11:34 PM
    Don't suppose you have Hubbard++ app installed and running do you? They have an option for volume up key to dismiss the led. I had issues with my volume up key not working with this setting on. Had to disable the setting and now it works properly. If you don't have that app I am not sure what is going on unless you have another app installed that uses the volume up key for some function. You could always do a backup, security wipe or reload Os and try that before calling BlackBerry or returning to your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:51 PM
    Good call, I do have hub+ and the third go around of restarting the phone the button is working fine, but it is the only time that I have not started hub back up. I have checked and it is toggled on. I must have bumped it. Thank you for your help!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:04 AM
    A side note but battery pulls aren't necessary anymore. You Can just hold the lock button for about 10 seconds for a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:09 AM
    My Z10 is roughly 2 months old.
    About a week and a half ago i noticed that my volume buttons were acting funky.
    The volume up feature would work but when I used the volume down button to decrease the volume nothing happened.
    I am not at the point where the whole left side of buttons will not work.
    I can't increase or decrease volume.
    I can't start the Microphone feature.
    I can't take a snap shot.

Yes I restarted my phone and that did nothing.
    Yes I did a battery pull and that did not work.
    I don't have that much apps so I am doubting that this is the reason for the volumes inactivity.

BLACKBERRY WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!
    I was so proud of my phone.... 2 months later I have volume issue....
    05-21-13 09:29 PM
    I had the same problem....but realized it was a software problem...it would work sometimes and wouldn't other times. After I upgraded to latest leaked os .18xx, it started to work properly again...
    05-21-13 11:28 PM
    I had the same problem....but realized it was a software problem...it would work sometimes and wouldn't other times. After I upgraded to latest leaked os .18xx, it started to work properly again...
    I just upgraded to 10.1.0.1880 and still no positive results.
    Side buttons not working @ all.

Looks like I'll be heading down to my carrier (At&T) and asking for a new phone.
    05-22-13 05:51 PM
    Had this issue last night...did like 10 reboots...aka security wipes...end up having to reload the software entirely. Working fine now.
    05-22-13 07:18 PM
    Don't suppose you have Hubbard++ app installed and running do you? They have an option for volume up key to dismiss the led. I had issues with my volume up key not working with this setting on. Had to disable the setting and now it works properly. If you don't have that app I am not sure what is going on unless you have another app installed that uses the volume up key for some function. You could always do a backup, security wipe or reload Os and try that before calling BlackBerry or returning to your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, thank you! My call volume got so low I could barely hear anyone and the up button did nothing. I was dreading having to call VZW to see if I needed to exchange phones. I closed Hub++ and it works like its supposed to now. I'll check out the settings per your instruction to see if the two can exist in harmony! CB.com comes to the rescue once again!

(I did discover if you press the Up key really, really hard, it WILL increase the volume! I was afraid I was going to break my phone! So happy to have a fix!)

Edited to add: My setting was turned on for the Up Volume Key in Hub++. Turning it off immediately fixed the issue. It says that you can still increase volume with a long key press. Doesn't work very well so there must be a s/w conflict there. Probably need to let the dev know about it since it is causing headaches for multiple Z10 owners.
    Last edited by Innerchild; 06-15-13 at 08:15 PM.
    06-15-13 08:02 PM
    I have Q5 and my Up volume key is not working the down key is working prefctly. Please help mee. I have checked settings and the Hub there is nothing and I can't find what xcatly the problem is as also I'm new to BlackBerry 10 I just bought Q5 one week ago. M please help some one.
    08-27-13 02:04 PM
    buy headphones with volume control.
    11-08-13 01:56 PM
    Hi, have Z 10 & the problem being faced by me is that after downloading the software 10.2.0.424, I used headphones the volume was working fine in headphones but after taking out the headphones, there is no volume either in music or video tracks. Can someone help me. Re booting has been tried. Thanks in advance.
    11-08-13 04:43 PM
    Hi, have Z 10 & the problem being faced by me is that after downloading the software 10.2.0.424, I used headphones the volume was working fine in headphones but after taking out the headphones, there is no volume either in music or video tracks. Can someone help me. Re booting has been tried. Thanks in advance.
    BB10 recognizes various types of ways to listen to media and adjusts the volume separately for my various bluetooth devices, then recognizes line out. So if volume is raised for one it isn't necessarily raised for all. So check your volume while playing a video or music. If this doesn't work, plug in headphones and unplug again. Let us know if this helps.
    11-08-13 05:08 PM
    Tried that also coz had that problem with 9780. Even after plug-in several times though working for headphones it is not giving any kind of sound except maybe in small bursts for few seconds in few minutes time. Kindly suggest.
    11-08-13 09:52 PM
    OMG thanks so much Hub++ definitely was the culprit!

And I thought the latest leak broke something or my phone was broken.
    01-21-14 08:41 AM